NXT North American Championship

Keith Lee(c) vs. Dominik Dijakovic

Johnny Gargano vs Finn Balor

Street Fight

Tegan Nox vs. Dakota Kai​

·
Registered
22,612 Posts
Already 6 matches and I wouldn't be shocked if they add Dream vs. Strong and/or Garza vs. Devlin.

It feels like with this being a stand alone Sunday show they'll beef up the card more. NXT has always knocked it out of the park with a 5 match lineup. So if they go for a bigger card, we'll see if that works out.

Cole vs. Ciampa is honestly the match I wish was a street fight. They've already fought in War Games, they've put each other in street fights, they've fought in the parking lot. This match doesn't feel right as a normal 1 on 1 match, so I hope something changes there. Either way I expect a good brawl with Cole retaining. He's not losing that thing at least until the Mania weekend Takeover.

Gargano and Balor is a match that I'm really looking forward to. Balor is finally finding his groove as a heel showcasing a much more vicious side. And Gargano is so good as a babyface on Takeover shows. So I can't wait to see this one. Balor probably wins, thought I don't think this is their 1st match.

Rhea/Bianca could end in shenanigans with Charlotte probably lurking around. Both these women are great athletes but I don't know how well they'll match up together since neither one of them is known for carrying a match yet. My prediction is that Rhea will win but only because Charlotte gets involved. And then Bianca, probably by beating Charlotte at another show, gets involved in the NXT Title match at Mania.

Dunne and Riddle have been a fun tag team for the short time they've been together but I don't see them going all the way with a title win here, though the match should be bonkers.

We've seen Lee vs. Dijak before but this is their first time on a Takeover stage. This feels like a reward to these guys for killing it in the past and giving them a Takeover stage to truly showcase themselves. Outcome isn't in doubt though, Lee retains.

They've completely bungled Dakota's turn. Whether it's getting he ass kicked by Mia Yim or losing a match to Tegan already, there's really no heat there. So now it feels like they're going to have to try that much harder in this match to get me to care. We'll see if they can do it. And if they want Dakota to be anything, she has to win here.

Overall this looks like a great show with any match having the potential to be very good to great.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,800 Posts
Cole for the win.

·
\m/
22,719 Posts
Rhea/Bianca and Tegan/Dakota is what I am in for.

I think Charlotte attacks Rhea after her win. Tegan gets the win over Dakota.

·
The EST of NXT
28,400 Posts
Rhea/Bianca and Tegan/Dakota is what I am in for.

I think Charlotte attacks Rhea after her win. Tegan gets the win over Dakota.
Honestly? They should do what no one expects and have Bianca beat Rhea under the basis that Rhea was looking past Bianca to get to Charlotte and it distracted her from preparation for Portland. That's the most logical way to set up a triple threat at WrestleMania. In this scenario, Rhea is owed a rematch, and Charlotte has chosen Bianca as her WrestleMania opponent.

·
\m/
22,719 Posts
Honestly? they should do what no one expects and have Bianca beat Rhea under the basis that Rhea was looking past Bianca to get to Charlotte and it distracted her from preparation for Portland. That's the most logical way to set up a triple threat at WrestleMania. In this scenario, Rhea is owed a rematch, and Charlotte has chosen Bianca as her WrestleMania opponent.
I wouldn't mind that setup, the triple threat is really the best option for this.

·
Custom User Title
6,306 Posts
About Bianca/Rhea (potential spoilers):

Dave mentioned on WOR, and Sean also confirmed it on Fightful Select in their Q&A session that they have no plans to insert Bianca into the Wrestlemania match as of right now. NXT wasn't going to start the Charlotte feud until after Portland, but pulled the trigger early in an attempt to boost ratings, and also because people figured it out quickly.

WWE is pretty adamant right now on keeping Charlotte/Rhea as a singles match. Bianca has also mentioned in interviews that she doesn't like being separated from her husband, Montez Ford, so I don't see her winning either. Maybe she'll win the WM battle royal or something, and they'll actually use it to push someone for once on the main roster, which is where I think she's heading at or soon after Mania.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Tomorrow night is NXT Takeover Portland and I must say we have a stack card for that event to be disappointing but what are your final predictions on the winners for each match?? Let's take a look at the match card

1. NXT Tag Team Championship
Broserweights (Matt Riddle & Pete Dunne) vs. Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly
2. Street Fight
Tegan Nox vs. Dakota Kai
3. NXT North American Championship
Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic V
4. Grudge Match
Johnny Gargano vs. Finn Balor
5. NXT Women's Championship
Rhea Ripley vs. Bianca Belair II
6. NXT Championship
Adam Cole vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Here's my prediction on the winners
1. Broserweights