Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
6,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the NXT roster I realized that there is enough talent to start a tag team division. Obviously right now isn't the answer, but in the next coming months is this a reality? Something tells me it is, and I begin to wonder if NXT is where The Kings of Wrestling will only perform. The fact that they would only be on NXT would add to the show. However, with that being said who would you pair up on NXT?

I happen to like Carter, and Graves who are a tag team now, but I think there are some other names that could be paired together permanently. Let me start with Luke Harper, and Colin Cassidy. Both are decent size, and intimidating enough to go over as a solid tag team. I would call them "The Titans of Wrestling", or something to that affect. Cassidy could learn a shit load from someone like Luke Harper. Harper is a seasoned pro while Colin is still growing, and growing well.

Jason Jordan, and Aiden English are also two that I would pair up as well. NXT is going to need a tag team that thinks it better than everyone because of their bright minds. Basically a tag team version of Damien Sandow except with it's own look. Some college grads who decided to venture, and become wrestling legends. Give Jason Jordan that "hipster nerd look" with the bow tie. Aiden English already has the black framed glasses so he is there. I would even have Otunga manage them as well. They could be called "Chi-town Scholars", but without the "Prep" look.

Finally I wouldn't mind seeing Chase Donovan, and Chad Baxter paired up. Those two just seem like they would make a solid looking tag team. I'm sure they are both still a bit green, but I wouldn't mind seeing them as a tag team. They seem like two people the fans could get behind. Possibly play the "Odd Couple" role. Have them as two completely different people, but mesh like identical twins in the ring. They wouldn't have a team name because they couldn't agree on one.

· Registered
4,308 Posts
I don't think they should start an NXT tag team division. While there is a huge developmental roster, most of them will hardly ever show up on actual NXT TV show. Most of the focus is on the likes of Rollins, Steamboat, Bo Dallas, as well as the main roster talent that drops in every now and then.

If they want to showcase the NXT tag teams, maybe the best route to go is to bring them onto the main shows to have them work competitive back and forth jobber matches against the main roster teams (the matches will be back and forth, but the NXT guys ultimately lose and put the main roster guys over). That way we don't have to see Prime Time Players vs. The Usos over and over, and it gives them a chance to work in front of the big arena crowds.

· Registered
258 Posts
I suppose once the NXT Championship has enough focus on it, and more people are introduced into NXT, then maybe we can expect a Tag Division with Tag belts, the same goes for the NXT Divas as well with a belt for them also.

· Registered
7,937 Posts
Finally I wouldn't mind seeing Chase Donovan, and Chad Baxter paired up. Those two just seem like they would make a solid looking tag team.
Donovan/Baxter are a tag team on NXT. Through their tweets, it appears that their working tag name is The Bombers.

I agree that NXT should have a tag division and if Triple H is serious about the tag division, it's going to have to come from NXT. There's a lot of guys looking for roster spots and putting them in tag teams is a great way to get two people called up at a time.

· Registered
7,937 Posts
After hearing about what tag team had a recent reunion I definitely think NXT could have a tag team division. Hero, and Castagnoli anyone?
From my count there's:

Kidd/Gabriel
The Ascension
The Usos
McGillicutty/Curtis
Graves/and new partner (now that Carter is solo)
Donovan/Baxter

Kings of Wrestling can be formed and there are a few other teams that could be added.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.