Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WWE taped this week’s NXT Tuesday nigth from Columbia, S.C. Thanks to Justin James, PWTorch contributor for sending sending in results. Below are full results:

Dark Match:
Seth Rollins beat Dean Ambrose. Ambrose cut a promo pre-match, and within 10 seconds the crowd hated him. Kudos to him for that! These two put on a really nice match, Rollins won after getting the crowd firmly behind him.

NXT SPOILERS 6/6

Matt Striker and Josh Mathews came out for announcing on NXT. Regal is probably tied up with FCW stuff.

(1) Tyler Reks beat Jimmy Uso. Decent match. Reks managed to get some heat despite his lack of TV time. My wife went nuts for him, as she has a crush for him.

(2) Percy Watson beat JTG. Good match, but Watson really needs to change up his moveset some. JTG had some nice brawling sequences. The crowd still thinks JTG is a babyface – there was actually a huge “JTG” chant – and Watson got heat because he was against JTG. My wife immediately hated Watson, because she still remembers his glasses gimmick and attitude from NXT 2.

(3) Tamina Snuka beat Natalya. Natalya had a totally new wardrobe, including a cape. It looks like she raided Maryse’s closet. It’s more of a “black widow” look for her. The crowd started off pro-Natalya, but rallied behind Snuka. Snuka won with the Superfly Splash. I’ve seen better matches from both Snuka and Natalya.

(4) Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel beat Heath Slater & Johnny Curtis in a Tag Team match. This was “match of the week” for sure. Excellent, excellent match. Slater kept some of his faster moves (like the snap powerslam from the turnbuckle) in the arsenal, Curtis used the top rope leg drop, and the athleticism was top-notch. Gabriel got a lot more ring time than he did last week. Gabriel and Kidd won with a Hart Attack.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Natalya getting an updated look could be interesting. It can't get worse than what she's done the last few months. WWE keeps changing their mind on her though so it's going to be tough for her to get any traction.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well some exciting matches that I'm looking forward to in NXT
Its weird that Gabriel/Kidd used Hart Attack as their finisher together but I'd love to see how they execute it

Still we can't see 450 splash this week :sad:

·
Registered
12,596 Posts
Nattie was paying homage to Mae Young who was at the show. I doubt the keeps the gear.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Match of the week for NXT or actual 'match of the week'

Excited for this episode though.
NXT has pulled off "Match of the Week" (at least in regard to the WWE) several times. It has the advantage of giving decent length to matches between guys who are good workers. I'm not saying that THIS will be MotW (I haven't seen it), but I wouldn't be shocked.

My current Match of the Week was Leo Kruger vs Jason Jordan on FCW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts