Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After reading the long piece by Dave Metzler on this forum I came to the conclusion that NXT is the true bright spot of the WWE. I don't mean that it's stars are better, or the shows are better. That's a whole other debate. What I am saying is that the WWE made a brilliant move. They realized that they had to create a "Developmental System" that fans could have more access to and information on. Go back to OVW early days. The footage from those matches was awful. Watch Lesnar vs Leviathan aka Batista. It's awful quality.

It all started with FCW in terms of quality production. Small stage and crowd. Nothing about it seems like the current WWE product. That is the perfect atmosphere for maturation, fresh characters, or development. Take people out of the "WWE Norm", in fact don't let them near it. Create the NXT or formerly FCW. Because the WWE is the only relevant American Wrestling Promotion they have the upper hand at any talent they please. That's fine by me, I got over the WWE Monopoly a long time ago.

Vince has been destroying his competition for years. However, some fans would argue and suggest that NXT is competition. I can see that side of the argument, but it's still the WWE. It's not really some "other" company. Yet, people are still drawn to this show. We forget that NXT is a developmental area that leads to the main stage of the NXT show. NXT is one thing, but it has two halves to it. Developmental where most of the talent we don't see are actually learning the WWE style. The other halve is making a the show of NXT and it's PPV's.

People often forget that it's two things in one. They are developing talent we haven't seen and then there is talent like Balor, or Itami who are already on the show, NXT. There is hope because even Vince, or whomever realized that they have to start developing stars, but not directly related to WWE Raw, Main Event, or Smackdown. There has to be this "outside" force, or NXT that builds on the future. It's not just about how the show is booked, or who is NXT champion.

This is about knowing that the WWE realized that every ship can sink, but if you have a plan, you're ship will never reach the bottom of any ocean, river, lake, or sea. I am pleasantly surprised at how well NXT has been received. At times I am also shocked that the WWE realized that NXT had to exist. The opportunities being given to stars right now is at an all time high if you ask me. Imagine if NXT never existed, or even FCW for that matter? What if the WWE realized that something more along the lines of OVW made more sense. OVW was dated and awful to watch, even with the future stars that came from it. NXT was the most brilliant move the WWE has made in years and in my opinion is the wrestling boom, or will cause the next wrestling boom with the talent that will create for the main roster.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
It brings us hope, only for it to be dashed against the jagged cliffs of the WWE flagshit shows..... it's brilliant in some ways, because people like me get that line thrown to us thinking "Hey! Someone in WWE gets it!" only to find out that it sadly isn't the idiot in charge of the ship <_<

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
WWE realized for the past decade they need to develop more stars, There's nothing they can do about it, they don't know how to build big stars anymore.. Last big star they built was John Cena.. I would say Daniel Bryan but that was mainly because of the fans... WWE audience has changed over the year's, they can't shove people down our throats, that's how they build stars now and the fans don't buy it.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Wwe doesn't handle their main roster talent well. They have almost as many writers as wrestlers who get on tv and still can't make decent 3 hour shows. Management is behind the times and standing still because they are the only game in town. They don't have the courage to make the product interesting, they just want to make money.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
NXT was a great idea back when it's focus was on developing talent but now that the focus is making sure smarks stay subscribed to the network I don't see how it's giving hope to anybody but indy/puro marks that want WWE to be a high production ROH.

·
Banned
10,735 Posts
I would like to have hope for the future, but as long as Vince looms largely, we face a dystopian future at best.
And the longer he lives, the more time he has to corrupt his son in law, possibly through Stephanie.

There's no hope for WWE beyond outright fan revolt, in the form of MASSIVE drops in ratings, MASSIVE network cancellations, and either extreme crowd reactions or, even better, complete silence at all live events.

It may sound cliche, but only WE can change WWE. Most fans are overly optimist idiots though who will blindly follow WWE out of some stupid sense of loyalty and obligation ("I've been a WWE fan my whole life"), or some naive hope that Vince will open his eyes and things will get better.

Vince could come on TV and flip off fans in a shoot promo telling the "Universe" that they are idiots who will like whatever he crams down their throat and that WWE as a company doesn't care about what fans want because they'll still put money in his pockets...and the following week's Raw would have the same ratings and Network subscriptions wouldn't change at all.

That's human nature.

60,006 Posts
And the longer he lives, the more time he has to corrupt his son in law, possibly through Stephanie.

There's no hope for WWE beyond outright fan revolt, in the form of MASSIVE drops in ratings, MASSIVE network cancellations, and either extreme crowd reactions or, even better, complete silence at all live events.

It may sound cliche, but only WE can change WWE. Most fans are overly optimist idiots though who will blindly follow WWE out of some stupid sense of loyalty and obligation ("I've been a WWE fan my whole life"), or some naive hope that Vince will open his eyes and things will get better.

Vince could come on TV and flip off fans in a shoot promo telling the "Universe" that they are idiots who will like whatever he crams down their throat and that WWE as a company doesn't care about what fans want because they'll still put money in his pockets...and the following week's Raw would have the same ratings and Network subscriptions wouldn't change at all.

That's human nature.
:clap
Good post. Vince has forgotten you can't spell WWE without WE. I dont think he appreciates his fans anymore. Monopolies can lead to that way of thinking.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
NXT gives us hope, only for said hope to be destroyed when call ups happen.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Its still a developmental show meaning all the guys we enjoy are going to be on raw within a few months/years and get ruined. Anticlimatic huh? The only saving grace is if they bring back the brandsplit and have Bryan,Cesaro,Ziggler,Balor,Itami,Neville,Kalisto,Uhaa etc on smackdown and book it similair to nxt and let them have there own title and ppvs. On the big 4 they can share the ppvs with raw. Thats the only way ill enjoy wwe again.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It really is quite sad that WWE has gotten us accustomed to having our hopes destroyed and our hearts broken.. We put up with so much bull shit, because once in a while we get those moments where something really special happens, and you witness magical moments in the ring.. But lately those moments are way too rare, as the WWE really seems to go out of its way to fuck something up if it starts to get over without their backing..

NXT is the best thing the WWE has done in years, and I really hope they can leave it be for now.. if anything this is how RAW and Smackdown should be ran.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
We've seen it before and we'll see it again. Main roster, statistically ruins our favorites.

And I dont think Vince will ever allow NXT truly be its own brand.

No hope, no future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts