Wrestling Forum banner
521 - 540 of 555 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,231 Posts

Pros of NEW XT: Rex Steiner, Carmelo, Io in a black dress, Brunette Mandy, the wedding

Cons: #1 Contender jobbing in the first match, Backstage segments during women's matches, random guy being added to the title match, Ciampa being champion
If Tommaso Ciampa being the NXT Champion again is somehow a “con,” then that just makes his victory even more sweeter :)

·
Registered
13,739 Posts
Disappointed they didnt name him Steiner. Oh well :-/

I don't mind. Not every 2nd generation talent needs to be pushed right out of the gate as such. He has literally been in the business for less than a year [Although I'm sure his father has at least trained him some as he was growing up], it would be nice to let some of these guys get over on their own merits before they get recognized as the son of a legend.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,813 Posts
yes, just like savage a liz, just like steph and test, just like steph and hunter, just like billy and chuck, just like edge and lita, just like steph and taker, al and dawn and so on so forth.
How dare you forget Teddy and Kristal for the CW? Complete with Jagged Edge and The Godfather lol

·
14,321 Posts
Breaker is a definite prospect. I hated that random tag team with bulls kid and Briggs. Do enjoy mello going heel with his mate. Not sure about Hudson as a face. The creed bros are still great. That chick....I dunno. B fab was basic but the charisma helps. Wagner does nothing for me

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
What a great refreshing episode that was. The young Steiner oozes charisma, hope he can talk properly when doing a longer promo, but you see father and uncle in him. And probably LA wanted to do that match, who knows. I liked the „hey I can do you too before becoming champ“ thing, which backfired hard.

I am not familiar with all the other new faces but all look at least quite ok. Interested in why Kyle was written off the match, but anyways, a new start needs at least some new faces in the ME and throwing this big guy into it wasnt a bad idea.

And the wedding, damn this lovely wedding. Not doing the stupid „ruin the wedding“ thing but actually went trough with it was lovely. Austin back is great, all the little funny things and having Lumis talk, what a great way to break his silence. I loved it alot ❤❤

Overall quite refreshing and I am lookinh forward to next week!!

·
The face that runs the List
12,116 Posts
So from what I've heard it's basically the same thing in a new arena and with new, bigger guys. I thought they were going back to the rookie/pro format?

I haven't watched it yet, all I know is that the new theme song for the show is garbage.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
10,703 Posts
So from what I've heard it's basically the same thing in a new arena and with new, bigger guys. I thought they were going back to the rookie/pro format?

I haven't watched it yet, all I know is that the new theme song for the show is garbage.

What do you mean by "same"? I mean it's a wrestling show with a ring and matches, like, how different can it be from anything else?

·
The face that runs the List
12,116 Posts
What a shitty finisher the girl from Hit Row used. She looked extremely green throughout the match.

I'm not sure why they had Knight eat a pin at the beginning of the show if he remained in the main event. Couldn't they have used a jobber for this?

I enjoyed the Index wedding. I was expecting it to go wrong so it was a nice surprise. There were a few very funny moments too. Can't believe they got me more excited about a guy speaking for the first time than this year's Wrestlemania.

What do you mean by "same"? I mean it's a wrestling show with a ring and matches, like, how different can it be from anything else?
Like I said, I was expecting it to go back to a rookie/pro format as it was rumored. If you remember correctly, this didn't necessarily involve matches all the time but it also had contests such as obstacle courses or the power punch challenge.
But after finally watching it, all I saw was the same third brand with a new rainbow look, a garbage rap theme, and a few new younger talents debuting. I was expecting something more drastic after all that advertisement.

With that said, I'm fine with the show not changing too much from what we used to have, I think it was fine that way and I'm not interested in the old format with the rookies. Although I have my concerns when I see all the new guys, they don't look particularly charismatic. That guy they inserted in the main event instead of Kyle O'Reilly looked particularly bland.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Today I will be rating NXT 2.0 that aired last night( tuesday ) at 7 pm. I will give my thoughts on each match and segment. ENJOY

1. Bron Breaker ( Rick Steiner´s son ) def. LA Knight
I did not like the fact that Knight had to fight twice, but I did like the match. I wish Breaker would have faced someone different, like Andre Chase or Duke Hudson, or another heel in NXT. You cannot always get what you want, so I except the match. It was a good match that showed what he could do.

2. B-Fab def. Katrina Cortez
This match was alright, it showed what B-Fab can do, but I was not impressed. 2. B-Fab vs.

3. Imperium def. Josh Briggs & Brooks Jensen
This was a good match, I was somewhat entertained. I like that NXT shines the light on most of their talent. This win could set Imperium up for an NXT tag team title match. I believe they could be the new tag team champions.

4. Kacy Catanzaro & Kayden Carter def. Gigi Dolin & Jacy Jayne by Disqualification
This was a good match, I like that Mandy Rose interfered and debuted her new faction. This match later became a 3 on 3 tag team match.

5. Toxic Attraction def. Kacy Catanzaro, Kayden Carter & Sarray
After Rose interfered, Sarray came and helped, Regal made this a 3 on 3 tag team match. The match was awesome. Mandy Rose won by pinfall. I love the name of this new faction.

6. Ridge Holland def. Drake Maverick
This match was good, but I do hate when big guys obliterate small guys, but it is well with me I guess.

7. The Creed Brothers def. Dan Jarmon & Trevor Skelly
This was a great match. I believe The Creed Brothers can be really big in NXT and the main roster. They are so dominant, FUTURE TAG CHAMPS.

8. Tommaso Ciampa def. LA Knight, Pete Dunne & Von Wagner - NXT Championship
This was a good match, but kind of lackluster. I hated the fact that Kyle Oŕeilly could not compete. I had my hopes for Oŕeilly or Dunne to win. I did not expect Ciampa to win, but I am super happy for him. He has been wanting this title for a while now, and he finally got it. I believe since he is 36, he will end up having a short reign and going on to the main roster. Ciampa has become a 2 time NXT champ now, great moment.

9. Indi Hartwell & Dexter Lumis get married
This segment was cool, I loved that when people objected to them getting married, he flashed his axe. This moment was cool, and no matter what anyone else says, it was magnificent.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,231 Posts
Yeah, I'll take Trick and Melo over Ciampa and Gargano all day. Huge upgrade from the last generation.
Going from 2 awesome top talents to a pretty solid midcarder and 1 rookie is supposed to be a "huge upgrade?" 😂

This is why the show's quality is quickly downgrading with nonsense like this.

You really shouldn't be taken seriously at all after this.

·
Premium Member
AEW fan!
293 Posts
This is why the show's quality is quickly downgrading with nonsense like this.
Yes, brother, and we have Vince McMahon and Brother Love running the show now which is quickly going to downgrade NXT.. Please, don't get me wrong, HHH and Shawn Michaels running the show was no better.

·
Premium Member
AEW fan!
293 Posts
Time for LA Knight to move to Raw or SD immediately; it's the only way I'll forgive him losing twice in one night.
It is time for LA Knight to move to AEW.. WWE already killed any momentum of his.. I said it a few times now, look how short of a period he held the Million Dollar Championship?

521 - 540 of 555 Posts