Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 555 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,146 Posts
Book any of Tommaso Ciampa, Pete Dunne, or Kyle O’Reilly to be the next NXT Champion (y)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm really excited for this show. Mainly due to the fact it's the first WWE show in forever where I don't really know what to expect. It could be a trainwreck, great or just an average show. Guess we'll see.

Me personally I hope Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff come out and vacate all the belts.

Hoping Knight or Ciampa takes the belt out of those four. Tho I'd rather see Knight on the main roster. He's already 38 after all and just wasting his time there. They're not exactly young so who knows. Guess they could be short transitional champions.

Kyle's fine but the crowd isn't exactly going crazy for him. He just ain't got it as a top singles guy in the US IMO. Never really cared for Dunne. Find his strikes way too soft looking unlike say, Fit Finlay and Steven Regal. Still....he's the youngest.

·
Registered
13,434 Posts
I hope the fatal 4 way match is now to determine a new champion. I'd like either Kyle or LA Knight to become NXT Champion but I'd be happy with Ciampa winning too, I've just never liked Pete Dunne.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Big match no longer taking place on tonight’s WWE NXT

The new era kicks off for WWE NXT tonight and the company announced a loaded show with two title matches.

However, one title match has been nixed. Fightful Select reported today that the announced match between Franky Monet and Raquel Gonzalez for the NXT Women’s Championship will not be taking place.

A reason as to why was not given, but WWE was made aware of this by Monday morning. It’s also unclear whether either woman will appear on tonight’s show.

Some talent has already arrived at the Capitol Wrestling Center as of 11 am local time. As noted, there is a lot of stress and concern among talent ahead of the show.

The wedding of Dexter Lumis and Indi Hartwell and LA Knight vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Kyle O’Reilly vs. Pete Dunne to a new NXT Champion are the only things that were previously announced. WWE will make more match announcements throughout the day.
Source: Big match no longer taking place on tonight’s WWE NXT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Really hope LA wins it, because he can have a great feud with someone young.

All hail the wedding, I acknowledge my wedding chief!!

·
Southern Pride
5,545 Posts
Ciampa is my prediction. Going for the safest guess since he has already been Champ before. Either Ciampa or LA Knight would be okay with me. Dunne is still stale in my eyes (especially with having a fresher and bigger Ridge next to him) and KOR hasn't really worked well during this singles run. To me NXT 3.0 (not 2.0, WWE) wouldn't start off on the right foot if they had Dunne or KOR win it.

Hopefully Franky Monet wins. I like Raquel but it's time for the title to change hands. 5 months is a solid reign and I don't really care to see Raquel vs. KLR, which is like the only fresh opponent left for Raquel.

Curious to see how the wedding plays out. Curious to see the new colorful setup for NXT.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Apparently they're not doing the women's title match tonight. Perhaps it's because they want to stagger the world title matches, given that the Fatal-4-Way for the men has now become one.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I hope LA Knight wins. He's the perfect heel imo, he has the swagger of oldschool heels like Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude. I would not mind if Pete Dunn won, just hoping it's not gonna be O' Rielly.

1 - 20 of 555 Posts