Wrestling Forum banner

NXT Second Chance Tournament

2853 17
After NXT Season 4 is over WWE should do a NXT second chance tournament. The concept of the tournament is simple. Those who competed in NXT before and never made it get another chance to compete in the WWE. Guys like Percy Watson and Byron Saxton can participate in the tournament.

The tournament could go like this

Percy Watson
Eli Cottonwood
Lucky Canon
Jacob Novak
Byron Saxton
Conor O'Brien
The last two are either Clay, Batemen or Curtis depending on who wins NXT 4.

Your thoughts?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
After NXT Season 4 is over WWE should do a NXT second chance tournament. The concept of the tournament is simple. Those who competed in NXT before and never made it get another chance to compete in the WWE. Guys like Percy Watson and Byron Saxton can participate in the tournament.

The tournament could go like this

Percy Watson
Eli Cottonwood
Lucky Canon
Jacob Novak
Byron Saxton
Conor O'Brien
The last two are either Clay, Batemen or Curtis depending on who wins NXT 4.

Your thoughts?
Good idea but I'd keep it at 6 like the last 2 seasons. With that in mind Novak and Cottonwood can be forgotten about, something most people should've done by now anyway :p

It might be worth having one more season before they do it as well since it would seem odd to me that, having just missed out in S4, several of them were immediately another chance.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
It would be even more awesome if Riley turned his back on Miz and re-entered to try to get an actual WWE contract and title shot instead of the Miz servant contract that he has now. Would provide some quality entertainment I believe.

· Registered
14,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea but I'd keep it at 6 like the last 2 seasons. With that in mind Novak and Cottonwood can be forgotten about, something most people should've done by now anyway :p

It might be worth having one more season before they do it as well since it would seem odd to me that, having just missed out in S4, several of them were immediately another chance.
Is a tournament not a whole season. Basically the tournament will be over in about a month.

· Banned
10,470 Posts
Percy Watson is working dark matches now on Smackdown. Bateman and Brodus Clay are probably locks to be on the main roster and possibly Johnny Curtis. The rest of them from the shows that aren't on the main roster or have been are just plain horrible.

· Registered
6,883 Posts
It wouldn't work, because half of the rookies that were in NXT are now on the main roster.
Riley, Barret, Bryan, McGuillicutty, Otunga, Slater, Gabriel

I say 1/3, lol

· Banned
6,761 Posts
I don't know why the WWE just can't call these guys up to either of the two shows to just job out to the main roster stars. I'm not suggesting the same star, or two every week. Have them on a "jobbing" cycle. Occasionally, maybe have them square off vs each other, or even the main roster "jobbers" that appear on all shows like Santino, Kozlov, Tatsu, or Primo as examples. Take the two best, and form a tag team. Give these men the air time, but not in such a way that they become notorious jobbers. If you skip NXT 3, and take all the talent out of the other three shows you end up with a handful of names at best.

Alex Riley, Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, and Heath Slater. That's just my opinion, but nonetheless the rest are typically just no name jobbers. Again I'm not suggesting losing every single match they are in, but air time is air time. Whether you are winning, or losing the biggest part is whether, or not you are getting a response from the fans. The character has to be in tact, otherwise no one cares what you do, and how well you can wrestle.

· Registered
148 Posts
If NXT continues for another season or two, I could definitely see WWE doing this. As it stands now, they don't really have enough non-winners that aren't on the main roster to make it worthwhile (and definitely not enough talented enough to make it worthwhile).

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Looks like this could become a reality next week:

Wrestleview.com said:
According to a WWE source, season five of WWE NXT that begins next Tuesday (March 8) is slated to feature past rookies who didn't win on other seasons of the show. Names expected to participate includes: Lucky Cannon, Titus O'Neil, Byron Saxton, Conor O'Brian and Darren Young. Two other names are expected to be added to the roster. Previous discussion involved doing a season involving sons of former WWE stars. WWE has yet to confirm any new details about the next season of NXT.
Darren Young possibly returning to NXT after being on Superstars for months is a bit odd, maybe WWE figures no one will notice/care (which is probably fair enough). I'd imagine out of those choices Saxton or Young would be the favourite.

If they go through with this I could see them bringing back Percy Watson and he'd be the likely winner then. If Lucky Cannon comes back they should make him a heel just so he hopefully isn't as painfully bland as last time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.