Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seriously, just take a look at the list of the pros:

Daniel F'n Bryan - Do i need to say more?

Dolph Ziggler - Awesome, awesome choice, if he's given enough time to wrestle he could bring the best out of the rookies.

Ted DiBiase - Well i'm obviously a fanboy but people can't deny that he's pretty damn good in the ring.

Chris Masters - He's massively improved in the ring, could provide some great matches with other pros.

Alberto Del Rio - Great wrestler, but you already know that.

R-Truth - The least talented of the bunch, but he's pretty decent in the ring so i could tolerate him.

This season has potential to be awesome wrestling show if these pros and the rookies are given enough time to wrestle, out of the rookies i'm only familiar with Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman and they are pretty damn good in the ring, and i seriously hope they will get rid of the ridiculous challenges this time, just devote the air time to more wrestling matches and promo challenges.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
The rookies look very ugh though. Curtis, Saxton and Bateman are the only ones that interest me already. ADR's rookie may as well have "FIRST ELIMINATED" stamped on his head already, DiBiase's rookie looks like a poor version of Jesse Neal (and Jesse Neal looks like a poor version of ... well, Jesse Neal is just plain poor), while Ziggler's rookie looks like a guy I could smash. It just seems like the field has been designed so that Curtis will stand out.

Whatever. I'm just pulling for a Bryan/Masters match to happen at some point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dissappointed that Richie Steamboat or Mason Ryan werent picked, there should be 8 rookies and go with Big Show and maybe Wade Barrett or Sheamus as pros.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a shame that Seth Rollins and Xavier Woods didn't make it to the show, Mason Ryan can wait few more years, oh and i wonder why Jackson Andrews didn't make it to NXT, that guy is massive and could serve as the special attraction. But anyway, these new rookies might be surprisingly good, i'm just not digging most of their look.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm totally disappointed though. Only 6 WWE rookies? Is WWE NXT in a hurry or what by not adding two more rookies to make it 8? I'm looking forward for Byron Saxton (former ECW commentator) to be the next WWE breakout superstar.

But he might easily be kicked by King Sheamus.....:)

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
It is good to see another season again. Definitely wasn't a fan of NXT 3 at all. Don't think I'm much of a fan of whom they chose as rookies, and pros. I like that there is only 6 this time around. None of these guys stand out to me with the exception of Clay, and Curtis. Brodus can actually wrestle for a man his size, and the WWE needs a big man like him since they failed with Festus. Curtis has mid card potential all over him, and I think he has a strong chance of winning this show. The wild card is Novak. Novak is still too plain right now, and I think he has potential.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I'm totally disappointed though. Only 6 WWE rookies? Is WWE NXT in a hurry or what by not adding two more rookies to make it 8?
No, they're not in a hurry. They're trying to extend the life of NXT by only including six wrestlers at a time rather than eight. That way, they can preserve the FCW roster without completely gutting it after just a few seasons. I also think they should start giving some guys a second chance, but that's just me.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
No, they're not in a hurry. They're trying to extend the life of NXT by only including six wrestlers at a time rather than eight. That way, they can preserve the FCW roster without completely gutting it after just a few seasons. I also think they should start giving some guys a second chance, but that's just me.
I was also thinking something like this. Have a NXT second chance season. Percy Watson can return and win it. Oh Yeah!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Season 1 had Punk Christian Jericho Regal and Carlito.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
season 1 had much better talent and it wasn't even good nvm awesome.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
I am upset that Seth "Tyler Black" Rollins isn't on here. Other than that, I'm really looking forward to it. Anything with Bryan is a win in my book, glad they made him a pro.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Lookin forward to seeing interactions between ADR & Bryan, also matches with those two and Ziggler.

Don't care to see any of the rookies and Dibiase & Masters will be channel changers.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
too bad the rookies look awful.

oh, and i can definitely deny that Ted DiBiase is "pretty damn good in the ring," because that doesn't translate to "slightly above average."

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
It has the potential to have one or possibly more than one awesome matches over the course of the whole season but for the most part with us not knowing what all of these guys can do in the ring yet combined with the fact that R Truth is on there I just can't see it. See WWE is a entertainment based company so in WWE's mind R Truth has to be on there because he says WAS UP and that's suppose to be entertaining rather than having the best possible wrestling matches every week on a show that hardly anybody watches anyways, unlike Raw.

Now if some other talent like Evan Bourne, John Morrison or Tyson Kidd appear on the show in some way and wrestle Daniel Bryan or something it could be a AMAZING wrestling show but since the pros will be wrestling only the rookies it'll just be a show to do something on tuesday nights because our lives suck.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Well, all the pros are good in-ring, let's hope these green ass rookies are too otherwise it will suck.

And no more "immunity competitions", just fucking wrestle with the occasional character promo please.

·
Prince of Perversion
1,170 Posts
Why did they change Curt Hawkins name to Jacob Novak and make him a rookie?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yeah Season 1 actually had the best pros line up but i didn't remember the pros wrestling that much, hopefully in this season they would let the pros wrestle as frequent as the rookies, that's why i said this season has "potential".

Oh, and perro, just curious, if you think Ted is "pretty damn terrible", then how would you define Otunga's wrestling? Uh oh, i shouldn't have fed the troll.

Ted is pretty damn good to me, his matches are mostly pretty good, at least he's able to show consistent performance, his match with Orton and HBK are my favorites, his match with Bryan is also great.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts