Wrestling Forum banner

NXT: Redemption

5775 Views 33 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  dxbender
So, i saw the show this morning on youtube, wasn't exactly pleased in the beginning, i really hoped they would put in Richie Steamboat with is dad as his Pro or Xavier Woods.
But no, this time its a couple of leftovers from the previous seasons ...
Anyway, who do you guys think is going to win this season?
I think its going to be between Darren Young and Titus O'Neil, or maybe Lucky Cannon.
Who's going home first? I think Conor O'Brian and Jacob Novak .
What do you guys think?
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,030 Posts
The winner of this season of WWE NXT will not win a title match and a spot on the WWE roster, as was the case in other seasons. This season’s winner will only get “redemption”, which means that he will receive a spot on NXT Season 6 along with the new rookies.
source pwmania.com

I think this new season is a ridiculous idea I mean who wants to see the crappy left overs from previous seasons? and the winner just gets a spot on the next season? are you kidding me that's just stupid they work hard through a whole season just to go to another season where there's gonna be better talent lol the prize is just ridiculous. IMO Byron is the only one out of these rookies that has charisma and ability so I'm hoping he wins the others are just awful.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
source pwmania.com

I think this new season is a ridiculous idea I mean who wants to see the crappy left overs from previous seasons? and the winner just gets a spot on the next season? are you kidding me that's just stupid they work hard through a whole season just to go to another season where there's gonna be better talent lol the prize is just ridiculous. IMO Byron is the only one out of these rookies that has charisma and ability so I'm hoping he wins the others are just awful.
he's cool but still, i think Young is gonna win.

· Registered
7 Posts
I honestly dont think Vince wants people to watch this show anymore.

Worst of the worst rookies. Worst of the worst pros.

Saxtons the only "rookie" with the talent to stay on WWE TV in the future IMO.

· Registered
9,576 Posts
Not only is this for a spot on season 6 I think this is also a last chance for these guys to be taken off the futuer endeavored list.

I was thinking why they did the pick these guys but when you think about it there wasn't much choice.

Season 1: Whole group is on the main roster,even Young but not enough watch Superstars for anyone to notice hewas on the roster

Season 2: Kaval = released Riley, McG, Harris = written out of RAW and presumably heading back to FCW

Season 3: divas

Season 4: Bateman=injured Clay = just wrestled on RAW

So that leaves Percy Watson and Eli Cottonwood. I believe Percy is wrestling dark matches and Cottonwood is so bad hes not even getting a 2nd chance. I think even if Derrick Bateman he wouldnt be on this season because I think WWE has plans for him. Same deal for Watson and Clay.

· Proud Pastafarian =)
4,066 Posts
the show looked lame from the start. then i saw hornswoggle as a pro, that automatically told me i shouldn't be watching that shit

· Registered
4,924 Posts
It's two things. A delay tactc, to give FCW time to develop the next batch of rookies. And it's a chance to see if any of these guys have improved.

I didn't see much of season 1, so I don't know about Lucky Cannon or Darren Young. But they seem to be the most interesting. I hope Young can talk, because there's something about the guy that makes me want to like him.

· Banned
1,143 Posts
How does NXT make any money for WWE? I don't understand the business model since it's no longer on TV anymore.

I guess they figure, hey, we already have a crowd here for Smackdown - let's film a little web show? So they get a share of any ads YouTube runs if you watch it there. And it drives traffic to WWE if you watch it at WWE's official site.

The amount of money they make must be tiny though -- and they have to pay to film, edit, stream, etc, etc ...

Web shows tend to have minuscule budgets cause the ad revenue they generate is tiny.

And the whole season thing is kinda weird since they're on their 5th season in less than 2 years.

I realize they're just trying to squeeze every last bit of revenue out of the show. They got the crowd and cameras and wrestlers there already for Smackdown ... but obviously when they first started NXT the idea was to be a real TV show, not just some cheapo web-only series.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's two things. A delay tactc, to give FCW time to develop the next batch of rookies. And it's a chance to see if any of these guys have improved.

I didn't see much of season 1, so I don't know about Lucky Cannon or Darren Young. But they seem to be the most interesting. I hope Young can talk, because there's something about the guy that makes me want to like him.
Thats what i hope to man

· Registered
2,927 Posts
Titus is the most interesting guy on the Show, that says it all really, Titus is below average but he is the best out of the bunch, he is gonna win and be the second eliminated in Season 6. First eliminated will be Novak for being awful, Lucky should go though, who the hell does he think he is, Ric Flair? But all in all they all are pretty boring.

· Registered
380 Posts
Apparently it's because Tough Enough will be launching at the same time as Season 5 is on, they did have a whole line up on new people, but they didn't want to have a bunch of new people on NXT and a bunch of new people on Tough Enough at the same time, so they just made Season 5 a throw away with people you've already seen.

Season 6 will be what Season 5 was supposed to be, a bunch of new wrestlers in a "Something you've never seen before" situation.

Source: PWInsider, the article is old and gone, but I read it there, take my word for it.

· Registered
5,361 Posts
Not a fan of the concept at all. Saxton is the only one with a real future in my opinion and the rest just need to go. I understand the reasoning behind it and that they need to continue having NXT due to overseas deals but this season really isn't even worth watching.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.