Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NXT Champion Karrion Kross walked out to a live crowd at last night’s NXT tapings for the first time since his shocking defeat at the hands of Jeff Hardy this past Monday on RAW.

The reaction from the crowd went about as well as you would expect.

According to multiple sources I spoke to that were in attendance at the Capitol Wrestling Center for last night’s set of NXT tapings, Kross was showered with chants of “Hardy” from the moment he entered the arena. The segment, which saw the NXT Champ cutting a promo on Samoa Joe before escaping the ring as Joe made a run-in, was so taken over by the “Hardy” Chants that NXT had to reshoot the entire segment at the end of the night.

To make matters worse, NXT crew members reportedly lied to fans to keep them in the building for the re-shoot.

“They even lied to us and said something special was going to happen so we wouldn’t leave.” One source said. “[A Crew Member] told me the show wasn’t over. When [we] tried to leave, he told us there was a surprise.”

While re-shoots at pre-taped NXT events are far from a new occurrence, rarely ever do they happen because the crowd decided to hijack whatever was going on in the ring. Wrestling fans are never shy about voicing their displeasure with the product, and last night at the C.W.C was no different.

During last night’s tapings, it was also confirmed that the main event for NXT Takeover 36 would see Karrion Kross defend his NXT Championship against the newly reinstated Samoa Joe.
Source: NXT Re-Shoots Karrion Kross Segment at Wednesday's Tapings due to Chants of "Hardy" from Crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Rockstar Bliss
4,578 Posts
just lol.

·
Registered
623 Posts
This doesn't make a lot of sense. Why wouldn't they just edit out the chants/replace them with something else or whatever if it was so bothersome (especially when the show is being taped and they have plenty of time)? So they'd rather have him appear again and risk fans doing the same or worse? Please 💀 the "multiple sources" are either lying/exaggerating, or there was some other issue during the segment that they're unaware of, if not then WWE production is as stupid as creative.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
@PhenomenalOne11 You were saying?

This doesn't make a lot of sense. Why wouldn't they just edit out the chants/replace them with something else or whatever if it was so bothersome (especially when the show is being taped and they have plenty of time)? So they'd rather have him walk out again and risk fans doing the same or worse? Please 💀 the "multiple sources" are either lying/exaggerating, or there was some other issue during the entrance they're unaware of, if not then WWE production is as stupid as creative.
I saw tweets about it last night. It's legit. Their "sources" are just fans who shared videos and screenshots.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
He's going over Hardy at SummerSlam, I still maintain that view.
The winning or losing was never the issue dude. I told you he was fucked on that debut. Beating Hardy will not change people's views on him. Keep in mind this is the hardcore crowd where he's booked well, so imagine how much worse it'll be when he goes back to RAW. Putting him against a two decade fan favorite on his first appearance was idiotic.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,113 Posts
The winning or losing was never the issue dude. I told you he was fucked on that debut. Beating Hardy will not change people's views on him. Keep in mind this is the hardcore crowd where he's booked well, so imagine how much worse it'll be when he goes back to RAW. Putting him against a two decade fan favorite on his first appearance was idiotic.
He'll be fine in the long run, saying he's fucked and that he's been buried is pre-mature considering he's been on one episode of RAW, people don't even know where this whole story is going yet, they're jumping to conclusions and jumping to all sorts of hyperbole like "Vince is sabotaging NXT!!" and "Vince is trying to send Triple H a message!!" without anything to actually back it up and basing their accusations purely off of emotion.

Was having him lose a bad idea? Probably. Is he permanently fucked? Hell no, not even close.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
He'll be fine in the long run, saying he's fucked and that he's been buried is pre-mature considering he's been on one episode of RAW, people don't even know where this whole story is going yet, they're jumping to conclusions and jumping to all sorts of hyperbole like "Vince is sabotaging NXT!!" and "Vince is trying to send Triple H a message!!" without anything to actually back it up and basing their accusations purely off of emotion.

Was having him lose a bad idea? Probably. Is he permanently fucked? Hell no, not even close.
Okay. I'm just going to let this play out, and we'll talk about his reactions when this feud is over.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Okay. I'm just going to let this play out, and we'll talk about his reactions when this feud is over.
His wrestling style/persona was never gonna be (positively) over in today's wrestling climate, Jeff Hardy loss or not, just as we witnessed in previous weeks on NXT and social media. It'll have to be a gradual thing where his character clicks and grows on fans in general eventually or not, he was never gonna be instantly over in the main roster (especially when his entire first year in the company so far happened during NXT's pandemic era). If he manages a reaction at all already it'll be a great thing.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
His wrestling style/persona was never gonna be (positively) over in today's wrestling climate, Jeff Hardy loss or not, just as we witnessed in previous weeks on NXT and social media. It'll have to be a gradual thing where his character clicks and grows on fans in general eventually or not, he was never gonna be instantly over in the main roster (especially when his entire first year in the company so far happened during NXT's pandemic era). If he manages a reaction at all already it'll be a great thing.
I know, but some of his fans just refuse to accept that and have to be hit in the face with it. We just have to let it play out so it's undeniable.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm not sure why fans feel like if they say they were there and "confirm" they reshot the segment it automatically also validates the speculation they did it because of chants....? They don't know what actually happened and they could've still chanted "Hardy" when Kross reappeared? Lol, I'd almost be willing to bet there was some other issue, otherwise they'd just easily edit the crowd noise out and present it as they please as it's been done before for other stuff?

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
I'm not sure why fans feel like if they say they were there and "confirm" they reshot the segment it automatically also validates the speculation they did it because of chants....? They don't know what actually happened and they could've still chanted "Hardy" when Kross reappeared? Lol, I'd almost be willing to bet there was some other issue, otherwise they'd just easily edit the crowd noise out and present it as they please as it's been done before for other stuff?
The problem is, as screenshotted in another thread, Cross stopped his promo to acknowledge the Hardy chants and it would look weird on TV if there were silence due to editing.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The problem is, as screenshotted in another thread, Cross stopped his promo to acknowledge the Hardy chants and it would look weird on TV if there were silence due to editing.
Oh I haven't seen that video of him doing that, in that case the problem was him going off script and production not wanting him to do so, which is not specified in the stories I've seen. Even then, I have a hard time believing they couldn't edit around it...?

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Way to go Vince.....

Reactions: Chan Hung

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,993 Posts
I'm glad they think its so funny. If Vince will do that to Kross, what's he gonna do to their favorite vanilla midgets?

Reactions: SAMCRO
1 - 20 of 33 Posts