Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This occurred to me as I was watching the final episode of ECW. The Pros for NXT all look like they would be good (and most have competed) in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania. What do you guys think?

Chris Jericho
Christian
CM Punk
MVP
Carlito
R-Truth
Matt Hardy
The Miz

·
Registered
77 Posts
This occurred to me as I was watching the final episode of ECW. The Pros for NXT all look like they would be good (and most have competed) in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania. What do you guys think?

Chris Jericho
Christian
CM Punk
MVP
Carlito
R-Truth
Matt Hardy
The Miz
well punk and jericho probably not but the others maybe yes

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Punk and Jericho are WAY too valuable to be wasted on a gimmick match at the biggest wrestling show ever!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my thought too, I think Punk, Jericho and Christian (once he gets established on one of the top brands) are already main eventers and are too good for the MITB. However, star-power has been used in MITB before (Orton, Edge, Hardy etc)

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,992 Posts
Has anyone noticed the irony that those mentors are all the 'next' generation as far as picking someone to slot into the Main Event picture permanently goes.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a good point actually. Jericho, Punk, Christian, Miz, R-Truth, MVP (Carlito and Hardy to a lesser extent) are all the next gen main eventers (along with already established main eventer like Cena, Orton and Edge of course). I'd also throw Morrison and DiBiase into that group as well.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
It makes sense but Punk may be busy with something bigger this year. Besides, he's won the damn thing the last two years. And if all goes according to plan, Jericho will be too busy in the ME of Mania VS Edge.

·
Registered
723 Posts
That is gonna be one shitty MITB then.. Personally I would like to see Vince come to NXT a few weeks into it and offer a tournament with the rookies and the winner of the tournament gets a spot at MITB. Too far fetched?

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
Punk and Jericho are WAY too valuable to be wasted on a gimmick match at the biggest wrestling show ever!
Didn't Jericho create the match itself (kayfabe wise) and didn't punk win the match 2 years in a row? So I don't understand that sentence you composed.

Anyways It's a possibility but Jericho is probably gonna be the WHC at wrestlemania so it likely might not happen, but the other entrants look pretty reasonable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts