Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was always wondering this what is the point of a Pro wanting to train a younger guy when there is nothing in it for them? If their rookie hypothetically wins they get a title shot while the PRO who has been a PRO for however long gains nothing ... that has always been something that does not make any sort of sense to me. anyone feel the same way?

·
Registered
121 Posts
an extra (sometimes) non-wrestling appearance on tv = more money going into their pockets without injury?
Thats one of my guesses or the fact that they are trying to build up the rookies. Most sports the pros try to teach the rookies even though there is a good chance of the pro getting replaced by the rookie. Also didn't one of the rookies mention if they became the winner of NXT that they would team with their pro for the tag titles?

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
I felt that the Pros from Season 1 should have been at risk of being voted off too, thus losing the ability to influence the future of WWE and who they could end up facing in the future etc.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I think the OP is talking in kayfabe wise.

My take is that they have their pride and want their rookies to win for the bragging rights. I'm extremely disappointed Jericho didn't get anything out of it. Like a story line or a good push or gimmick, whatnot. His rookie is holding wwe hostage and he is nowhere to be found. wtf

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
Yeah the pros really don't have any incentive for wanting to training the superstar. And we've had pros like CM Punk who openly expressed how they don't even know why they are there.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Let's say they get more money for doing it :p

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
the incentive comes down the road when you can get to say...yeah i trained that guy..he is the heavyweight champion.he is the best at what he does because i am the best at what i do. pro's get to pass of their knowledge and skill to their rookies trying to make them the best they can be. just the satisfation of seeing your rookie succeed is good enough. just like the rookies, the pros that are training them were trained by the pros that came before them with no incentive necessessry.

·
Registered
9,038 Posts
Interesting point but atleast Lay-Cool don't have anything to worry about lol!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry guys "Incentive" was the word I was looking for - Yeah, I guess you get to have the satisfaction your knowledge help propel a rookies career, at the same time if you were someone like Jericho you'd have the risk of your rookie turning on you and challenging you for your title, lol.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I think the pros probably are volunteers and the people who are pros are probably doing it to make a good impression on the wwe.

If it was up to WWE to pick the pros, I'm sure they'd do the big rating guys as pros.

Imagine a NXT season with pros:
Cena
Orton
Edge
Jericho
Punk
Taker
HHH
Mysterio

Look at many guys who end up being pros. MVP,Christian,Kofi,Morrison,Carlito,Hardy ect. all of them are probably trying to really get noticed by the WWE and make them wanna push those guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts