Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every season it happens. We see new sides of characters that we didn't see before and it improves them.

We saw The Miz, Cody Rhodes, and Nikki Bella all grow deeper into there characters in there seasons. Who do you think we will see show deeper personality this season.

Alberto Del Rio
Chris Masters
Daniel Bryan
Ted DiBiase
R-Truth

Oddly enough I'm pickin Chris Masters

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Every season it happens. We see new sides of characters that we didn't see before and it improves them.

We saw The Miz, Cody Rhodes, and Nikki Bella all grow deeper into there characters in there seasons. Who do you think we will see show deeper personality this season.

Alberto Del Rio
Chris Masters
Daniel Bryan
Ted DiBiase
R-Truth

Oddly enough I'm pickin Chris Masters
I would think Masters, too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Chris Masters really needs a character so i hope he will take the ball and run with it :)

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm hoping WWE would put more thought and effort into this season so every pro and rookie gets their own storyline, it would do wonders to guys like DiBiase or Masters. Man i wish Evan Bourne didn't get injured so he could replace R-Truth. Jack Swagger would have been awesome choice for a pro too.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Even though nobody's said it yet, the obvious answer is Bryan. There's going to have to be a different side to him because his first run with WWE was entirely as a rookie, and his second run has been entirely as a pro, and he's been booked massively different in each run, but hasn't gotten the opportunity to gain any character development in his pro run. That was all done back when he was a rookie, so he's obviously going to have a different side to him as a coach.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
i hope bryan. he's over with the crowd because of his amazing wrestling ability but the crowd will eventually get bored with him...he has no character at all. cole said it best; hopefully this pairing will color up his personality a bit.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Even though nobody's said it yet, the obvious answer is Bryan. There's going to have to be a different side to him because his first run with WWE was entirely as a rookie, and his second run has been entirely as a pro, and he's been booked massively different in each run, but hasn't gotten the opportunity to gain any character development in his pro run. That was all done back when he was a rookie, so he's obviously going to have a different side to him as a coach.
Yeah...Bryan falls into that LARGE group of wrestlers that don't really have a character at all beyond their appearance and their moves. Everything we know about Bryan (vegan, doesn't own a TV, etc.) has come from Cole's heckling. They've used Cole's hatred as a creative and effective way of helping the audience learn about and root for Bryan, but now Bryan himself has to take the next step by actually developing a little bit. NXT is the perfect venue for that.

Masters might come along as well, but I think it's pretty obvious that WWE sees Masters as a lower-tier guy at this point.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I pick Dibiase on the basis that it would be almost impossible for him to develop less of a personality than he has right now :lmao

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Agreed. This season is made to give Danielson some character, and maybe DiBiase too.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I would say almost all of them. I don't think creative will write out an entire season of NXT just for one personality on the show to get some development. That may or may not have been the case in previous seasons but it's not a very optimistic goal for ONE SINGLE WRESTLER to get over throughout an entire season of a show. (remember Michael Cole got a lot of "evolution" on NXT and he's not a pro or a rookie)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts