Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So...here's the confirmed rookies-pro list.

-Johnny Curtis with R-Truth.

-Byron Saxton with Chris Masters.

-Brodus Clay with Ted DiBiase.

-Jacob Novak with Dolph Ziggler.

-Derrick Bateman with Daniel Bryan.

-Conor O'Brian with Alberto Del Rio.

Thoughts?

I wish Johnny Curtis were paired with Ted DiBiase, i don't like Clay's look, oh well. Why is R-Truth a pro again? They could have given his spot to Jack Swagger or someone else who needs more screentime like Trent Beretta for example. Anyway, i'm rooting for Curtis to win, it seems he's gonna be the "Wade Barrett" of this season, he has potential to outshine any other rookie throughout the season.

·
"MINUS FIVE STARS"
1,858 Posts
It's nice to see some decent pros for next season. Might bring back "some" dignity to the concept.

3 Awesome pros (Del Rio, DiBiase, Ziggler) and 3 meh (Truth, Masters, Bryan)

Looks like it's going to be a decent season. I can already hear Michael Cole bashing Daniel Bryan constantly.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Saxton is all talk no action
Curtis=Wrestler
Clay=Mastadon of Mayhem
Novak=WHO?
Bateman=Hometown favorite also teaming with Bryan could make for some interesting references.
O'Brian=Finlay tough...all I need to say.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
A possible bryan/cole interaction is always a good thing.

·
Registered
21,637 Posts
I have very little interest in this however as a fan I'm willing to give it a go and will watch the first episode when it airs. I hope it's good enough to keep my attention and I'm especially looking forward to seeing Saxton in the ring.

Actually on 2nd glance, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Del Rio & Bryan so I may tune in weekly if it's half decent.

·
Registered
72 Posts
AmDrag as pro, AWESOME :D - Agree that Johnny Curtis gonna win this season 8)

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
LOL didnt they say Lucky Cannon had to change his name because there were too many John's?

·
Registered
72 Posts
saxon is just FCW's commentator, but then again so was Barrett...
Saxton has "just" (all after when the shows were taped) got out of the commentator seat and have wrestled a bit, not anything great in the ring, but a good talker, but that is enough to be a WWE Champion today sooo 8)

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Curis cut his hair? Ugh, more generic guys.....

I like Saxton's look he's impressing me

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
fuck I'm sick of R-Truth on Raw, now I have to see him twice a week

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I'm appauled that Teds a pro but not to his own brother , I'm appauled that Tyler Black isn't on this season , and I'm appauled that Batistas clone Mason Ryan isn't on this season either. :no:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Looks like a fun season. Most of the pros are doing something worthwhile on tv, or at least make regular tv appearances. Masters is probably going to actually get a character. DiBiase means Maryse is going to be at least a semi-regular sight on NXT and the Sexiest of Sexy on a show with a whole bunch of good looking guys means trouble. Plus this season looks like it has enough volatile characters to make it interesting from the jump.

And I think that Brodus needs to end up as the enforcer/hired muscle for a much more sinister DiBiase who uses his trust fund as a means to wield power with Maryse playing Lady MacBeth, whispering to Ted to do horrible things.

Does anyone else feel like DB-Squared is going to get jumped constantly throughout the holiday and carnival seasons?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts