Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
Meltzer says NXT will go live from 8-10pm on USA starting September 18th

The 2 hour thing I would have issue with but AEW will have same problem filling 2 hours weekly.

Meltzer seems to suggest that shows won't broadcast from Full Sail.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Re: PWINSIDER: NXT moving to USA Network

Yepp

CM Punk v Morrison and Shelton v Christian were classics. Thing is it was much after Vince stopped giving a shit about WWEcW.

I think NXT could end up worse because its a development brand so they don't get big superstars in the draft. They will have less priority than wwecw. NXT will get robbed of its biggest stars and left with no even trade. WWE will discarded all their damaged jobbers to nxt to fix.

NXT hasn't had momentum because their biggest stars gets called up at their peaks usually and the show has no choice but to start from scratch again and again and again. Been happening since 2016.
Yep considering that ecw actually had more star power and still ended up failing, I cant see how this will be much different, once nxt goes from the developmental brand to the 3rd brand behind raw and smackdown I just cant see a healthy future for it, we saw how little Vince thought of smackdown for so many years before the fox deal and the fact that nxt will be going live is not exactly a good thing either with wwe's track record of stopping, starting and dropping storylines/pushes on their other weekly live shows especially if Vince and Dunn have any influence over it what so ever which they probably will as Vince wants the the overall wwe product to be viewed in a specific way by the public TV audience.

·
seth will never be cool!
1,008 Posts

I look at this in this way. If nxt fails, it will just go back to the network. If AEW were to fail, they are gone forever and the wwe stranglehold on tv continues ad nauseam. I'll choose what's best for professional wrestling on the whole so I am definitely going to be backing AEW.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

WWE potentially hurting their own network by moving one of their most valuable properties on the network off it just b/c of a new company that is "not competition" :heston

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,804 Posts

Adding 2 hours to NXT is a HUGE mistake, it works fine with 1 hour, they get in tons of promos and matches, and we don't see everyone every week which helps us not to get sick of anyone. Giving them 2 hours we'll start seeing everyone every week, then we'll get the boring ass time filler tag matches like we get on the main roster.

2 hours will kill NXT, don't try and fix what aint broken ffs.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,585 Posts

Adding 2 hours to NXT is a HUGE mistake, it works fine with 1 hour, they get in tons of promos and matches, and we don't see everyone every week which helps us not to get sick of anyone. Giving them 2 hours we'll start seeing everyone every week, then we'll get the boring ass time filler tag matches like we get on the main roster.

2 hours will kill NXT, don't try and fix what aint broken ffs.
As I see it. NXT is screwed by this move because everyone on the NXT Brand is going to get the main roster treatment. The talent will be overexposed to the point that the fans would start to want to see less of them. The less the better I say. Also this is going to screw so many people that are not getting pushed as it is. Not to mention the storylines will be heading to a worst direction.

·
Registered
23,454 Posts

Hopefully they use the extra hour to spend more time with building title feuds week in and week out. Also hoping some time goes to building up an extra non-title feud

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

Very disappointing. I'll be shocked if it doesn't turn into a third main roster type show. Terrible news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts

Last time there was something remotely interesting in NXT was Black vs. Dream feud, which seems like it was ages ago. The God awful clusterfuck that was Garganno vs Ciampa feud sucked the life out of it.

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts

Last time there was something remotely interesting in NXT was Black vs. Dream feud, which seems like it was ages ago. The God awful clusterfuck that was Garganno vs Ciampa feud sucked the life out of it.
Disagreed with all due respect.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts

wonder what the taping schedule will be. Going weekly from Full Sail could easily burn out the crowd.

I could see them maybe doing a Florida rotation. Orlando one week, then Tampa, then Miami, then Tallahassee. Repeat those four on a cycle.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts

wonder what the taping schedule will be. Going weekly from Full Sail could easily burn out the crowd.

I could see them maybe doing a Florida rotation. Orlando one week, then Tampa, then Miami, then Tallahassee. Repeat those four on a cycle.
Honestly it feels like current NXT has gone on too long at Full Sail. I remember last year they taped about 2 or 3 months worth of TV in Atlanta and those shows were really good. And usually their shows on the road have a good vibe.

With them going live I hope they can find some kind of rotation of places that works for them.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,804 Posts

As I see it. NXT is screwed by this move because everyone on the NXT Brand is going to get the main roster treatment. The talent will be overexposed to the point that the fans would start to want to see less of them. The less the better I say. Also this is going to screw so many people that are not getting pushed as it is. Not to mention the storylines will be heading to a worst direction.
This is what i'm concerned about, so will Vince start taking some control over NXT? please god just leave it to Triple H, soon as Vince touches it NXT will be screwed.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts

Vince taking control, turning it into a 2 hour show, definitely negative things, but I actually think the biggest impact of this will be on the WWE Network. NXT is one of the most popular shows on the Network, and if WWE take it away, I think they'll lose a lot of Network subscriptions.

I've actually gone off NXT a bit this year. Hard to put my finger on why, I still like a lot of the wrestlers on the roster. Once Ciampa went down to injury I pretty much drifted away.

Also, I think NXT are getting a bit too meta/self-indulgent. I liked the Gargano/Cole matches, but it definitely feels like an exercise in, "let's pop Meltzer and have those 5 star matches", rather than feeling like a genuinely heated fight. That's something that the Gargano vs. Ciampa feud got right, earning those snowflakes while still making you invest in the feud/story.

Actually, if nothing else, Vince taking control may make NXT shift away from that "indy" mindset. It's still going to be shit because of all the other changes he'll make creatively, but at least it'll probably stop the gymnastics exhibitions.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

I kinda don’t see vince and kevin dunn overseas NXT. Triple H all ready has the team and has show that he can do live 2 hours shows. Also why charges the reason why folk like XFL

Also does vince going have much time to do all this with the xfl returning soob

·
Registered
680 Posts

Be interesting to see how it goes down with fox. I can see a legal sitch if SD stars are used on a different network for the same kind of show. Even if it's only providing another show to a network you just paid big bucks to beat surely that would get them pissed.

·
Registered
373 Posts

PWInsider has been told there’s a pitch for NXT to be moved to Wednesdays on the USA Network starting this October; series to start on 10/2, same date that All Elite Wrestling launches on TNT.

As Dave Scherer and I discussed on the PWInsider.com Elite section earlier this week, there have been a lot of rumblings about WWE taking WWE NXT off the WWE Network and placing it elsewhere, with FOX Sports 1 being the most speculated possibility.

However, over the last 48 hours, PWInsider.com has been told there’s a pitch for the series to be moved to Wednesdays on the USA Network starting this October, with the idea NXT would be graduate into a live two-hour series from Full Sail University in Florida. The idea would be for the series to start in that form on 10/2, which of course is the same date that All Elite Wrestling launches its own weekly series on TNT.

Should this pitch move forward, the head to head would be the closest approximation of the old Monday Night War between WCW and the then-WWF since March 2001 as there would be two wrestling brands on similar cable broadcast platforms at the same time. It should be noted that with the evolution in technology, such as streaming, DVRs, etc. 2019 viewing would change the outlook of the head to head aspect with metrics being measured much differently than just the Nielsen ratings, as was the norm in the Monday Night War era.

It should be noted Impact Wrestling did attempt to go head to head with Monday Night Raw several years ago, but the idea died a fast death with Impact retreating back to its former home of Thursdays on SpikeTV after just ten weeks.

The USA Network aired an episode of WWE NXT on 12/13/17 as part of a "WWE Week", bringing in 841,000 overnight viewers.

WWE officials have not, as of yet, responded to a PWInsider.com request for comment.

While nothing is "official" yet, the ball is certainly in play. Stay tuned.

----

Meltzer reported that the Vince and Dunn are going to run the show.

RIP NXT.
fuck fuck fuck! Vince will fucking ruin NXT. It's like he doesnt seem to realize that Triple H is doing an amazing enough job, dont fuck with it. There's a reason NXT is so much more respected than Raw and SD and the common denominator is VINCE has nothing to do with the former.

vince and Dunn running the show just perfectly makes sense, no way they wouldn't be in charge if it' on the USA Network.
and just like that my interest for nxt vanished
At this point, we have to call Vince senile. Typical old fart who cant realize his time is done. He's being just like his old man. When Vince took over, he did things that his father would have never done (taking it global) because his father was stuck in a certain mindset and you can't teach old dogs new tricks. And here Vince jr is making the same damn mistake in not realizing how his mindset is fucking up the entire WWE.

I guess those rumors of Triple H losing political power during the last few months might have legs. Now he'd be running nothing.

Is THE GAME losing his game behind the scenes?
He's not "losing" his game. Vince did the same thing to Shane when Shane came up with the idea of reviving ECW (albeit as an online brand). Once Vince realized it had generated interest from SyFy, he kicked Shane off of it and took it over. He's just a typical over-controlling owner who doesnt know how to delegate nor trust his best employees. Triple H is the fucking reason NXT has been so amazing the last few years yet old dummy Vince thinks it wise to take over. Just an old man with too much damn time on his hands.

Totally disagree. NXT has still been good and Gargano Ciampa was a great feud though long-winded.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Yeah this is 100% a nail to the coffin that is NXT if Vince and Dunn really are running it. Look at how lovely a show Monday Night Raw has been recently audacity temp mail origin.

Guess I can soon say goodbye to one of the last WWE shows I mostly enjoy on a consistent basis.
the ashes you get to build anew, I look forward to NXT2 which will have to be built with actual PC talent since VD have the Indy star roster now.

141 - 160 of 314 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.