Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
Re: PWINSIDER: NXT moving to USA Network

You know Vince is going to put his hands all over this product. I've been down on NXT the last couple months (still good, but it use to be great), and them going to USA is not something that overly excites me.

NXT being only one hour is a huge reason I watch it as much as I do.

·
Registered
380 Posts

that actually was a good show for most of its run though it just should of had a different name
Yepp

CM Punk v Morrison and Shelton v Christian were classics. Thing is it was much after Vince stopped giving a shit about WWEcW.

I think NXT could end up worse because its a development brand so they don't get big superstars in the draft. They will have less priority than wwecw. NXT will get robbed of its biggest stars and left with no even trade. WWE will discarded all their damaged jobbers to nxt to fix.

NXT hasn't had momentum because their biggest stars gets called up at their peaks usually and the show has no choice but to start from scratch again and again and again. Been happening since 2016.

·
Registered
928 Posts

I rarely watch NXT except for Takeovers. I’m really shocked that USA wants it. To me the fact that they do says more to me about how desperate they are for programming and wrestling than anything about WWE.

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
NXT has been shit since Dusty died.
So there has been nothing good since May 2015?

It's interesting I looked back and averaged the scores (out of 10) each weekly episode got on Cagematch which is fan voting. Obviously not including Takeovers

2013 = 4.54.
Best episode that year according to fan votes 25th December, 8.14

2014 = 4.26
Best episode of that year, 13th November, 8.00

2015 = 5.35
Best episodes that year, 25th March and 8th April both scoring 7.60

2016 = 5.19
Best episode that year, 13th July, 9.03

2017 = 5.53
Best episode that year, 20th December, 8.54

2018 = 5.29
Best episode that year, 25th July, 7.73

2019 thus far = 5.62
Best episode so far this year, 6th March, 8.54

So yeah just based on fan voting the actual quality of weekly tv hasn't gotten that much worse.

For me weekly tv has always been hit or miss. Taping 4 weeks of tv in one place has it's issues obviously and nxt are having to constantly introduce new talent to audience because their top guys and girls keep getting called up to main roster.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Yeah, I was watching WhatCulture and they are reporting that Vince will likely have a hand in it. fpalm FML

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

And Vince will be getting involved, RIP NXT :mj2

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

Vince: I'm going to kill it. I'm going to kill my creation!

·
The EST of NXT
28,984 Posts

Same for me, except I've felt like this since 2016 when NXT first started going to shit.
Right. NXT being on the Network and under Triple H's full control doesn't make it safe from being trash. It's just an imaginary security blanket fans have used to delude themselves into thinking it's a superior product because their favorite wrestler is being pushed.

May I ask what you use to make the borders for your avatars?
CJ makes them.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Well I can officially cancel my network subscription. Pretty much no reason to hold on without NXT
I keep hearing this over and over and it doesn't add up to me. You just don't watch the pay per views?

I am all about AEW but I still have my Network subscription because I always watch the Rumble & Mania. That alone is worth the $120/annually. Throw on top of that the old WCW footage (started at the beginning when it was still JCP and am currently at the GAB 1989, show by show) and it is worth that price easily.

·
C Mac G
6,397 Posts

I watched NXT and found it special in 2014/2015 but that's because I genuinely felt I was seeing the next crop of mega stars.

I was captivated by a portion of the talent, but when they got to the main roster, you saw your favorites being SHIT on the main roster. I can't even get invested into any of the guys, I don't care how good the wrestling is. Adam Cole is going to be worthless, Gargano will be worthless etc. etc.

Even if they win titles or whatever the fuck, the writing will be ungodly terrible, and they will be marginalized within 6 months. Hell, Ricochet and Aleister Black lost all of their luster in like 2 months after being thrown together in the lamest tag team of all time.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

Something else for Vince to kill......

·
Registered
7,529 Posts

More wwe wrestling, more titles, more of the same and the same

Which title is even the most important right now? Which tag title? (If any)

Its a mess

·
Registered
7,878 Posts

I keep hearing this over and over and it doesn't add up to me. You just don't watch the pay per views?

I am all about AEW but I still have my Network subscription because I always watch the Rumble & Mania. That alone is worth the $120/annually. Throw on top of that the old WCW footage (started at the beginning when it was still JCP and am currently at the GAB 1989, show by show) and it is worth that price easily.
Do you know that you can watch that for free ?

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,470 Posts

LOL what do you mean it "doesn't add up". You have numerous consumers telling you firsthand what the value of the product is to them but it doesn't add up because it's not in line with your singular perspective?

I watch the PPVs because they're there. And they're there because I pay for NXT. The PPVs are a decent thing to put on in the background once a month, nothing special. I can't name the PPV before Summerslam and most of the time I'm taken by surprise when I check this website and realize that PPV is about to happen

And I'm not sure at all what AEW has to do with anything

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,298 Posts

Will part of the announcement be that it will be 2 hours? If it just becomes some sort of Baby Smackdown with main brand recaps and people without recent NXT pedigree getting sent down there to try to juice some ratings, I think that's going to upset a lot of NXT fans.

121 - 140 of 314 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.