Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 314 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,855 Posts
Re: PWINSIDER: NXT moving to USA Network

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/08/18/vince-mcmahon-is-set-to-change-a-lot-about-nxt/

Meltzer speculates Vince will take over. Lets be honest with ourselves: NXT hasn't been HOT in years. To me, it screams safe and complacent. Most hardcore fans have what we want, which makes it uninteresting to watch. There's no real chase or underdog story.
It feels like "Hey, we know you like these guys, so here's a title for them!" I didn't feel a struggle or a storyline, and this is coming from someone who loves Velveteen Dream and the Street Profits.

There are no impactful storylines anymore. The closest thing I've felt to a struggle is Bianca Bel-Air vs Shayna. It reminded me of Sasha and Charlotte's first encounter at NXT R-Evolution. Obviously not in terms of wrestling quality, but the hot rising star felt like she was definitely going to win, then came up short. I haven't felt that with the men since Sami Zayn was here.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

If AEW books real pro wrestling with serious characters, they'll win. If they book a being the elite/ROH hybrid with goofy characters, they're gonna get their ass kicked

·
Registered
6,282 Posts

I'm worried about what it will mean for performers like Io. She's just finally being used well, but if Vince has more control, given how he's used Asuka & Kairi on the MR, then I fear Io will be undercut badly.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,612 Posts

No way does it go to USA Network and not have Vince and Dunn all over it.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts

Vince has a VERY long and established track record of being control freak and wanting to micro-manage everything. So in this case, I don't think that people are completely unreasonable to worry that the same might happen to NXT.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Source: Wade Keller

Vince McMahon wants to start over with NXT and re-introduce the roster to the viewers on the USA network. He also has plans for main roster talent to show up to assist ratings and give rub to the NXT talent. He already has set up a meeting for Monday to let some main roster stars in on the forecast.

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts

Source: Wade Keller

Vince McMahon wants to start over with NXT and re-introduce the roster to the viewers on the USA network. He also has plans for main roster talent to show up to assist ratings and give rub to the NXT talent. He already has set up a meeting for Monday to let some main roster stars in on the forecast.
Can you provide a link to the article for this? I can't find it on PWTorch's website.

·
Baby Yoda
29,829 Posts

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/08/18/vince-mcmahon-is-set-to-change-a-lot-about-nxt/

Meltzer speculates Vince will take over. Lets be honest with ourselves: NXT hasn't been HOT in years. To me, it screams safe and complacent. Most hardcore fans have what we want, which makes it uninteresting to watch. There's no real chase or underdog story.
It feels like "Hey, we know you like these guys, so here's a title for them!" I didn't feel a struggle or a storyline, and this is coming from someone who loves Velveteen Dream and the Street Profits.

There are no impactful storylines anymore. The closest thing I've felt to a struggle is Bianca Bel-Air vs Shayna. It reminded me of Sasha and Charlotte's first encounter at NXT R-Evolution. Obviously not in terms of wrestling quality, but the hot rising star felt like she was definitely going to win, then came up short. I haven't felt that with the men since Sami Zayn was here.
May I ask what you use to make the borders for your avatars?

101 - 120 of 314 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.