Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 314 Posts

·
C Mac G
6,397 Posts
Re: PWINSIDER: NXT moving to USA Network

Using Twitter as a exact science is not a exact science by any stretch but it is something when AEW's 7th largest act (Young Bucks) have 73 thousand more followers than NXT's top act Twitter wise Adam Cole.

I honestly feel this is going to backfire on WWE even if they use main roster talent all NXT will be is the C show.. don't want it to happen because I like nxt but a year and half from now I can see Vince kill of NXT and Smackdown moves from Friday to Wednesday on Fox

Every report I heard is that nxt will be live from Full Sail
Yeah, but they are absolutely sending main roster guys to NXT. I fully expect the full show to be stacked, shit like Rollins/Gargano, UE/CLUB.

Even with all of that, I'm skeptical it pulls a big rating because outside of the hard cores, those are not dream matches. Hell, they aren't even dream matches to me anymore because guys like Rollins are so overexposed. They could bring main roster storylines to NXT entirely, but then you are overexposing the product EVEN more, which is going to stifle fox ratings as well which has to be the priority.

·
Read Only
258 Posts

Why does Kevin Dunn like doing this crap? And for what? What will happen to Triple H the moment he loses power?

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
The one episode of nxt that aired on usa barely got any advertising and it was a random taped show that aired simultaneously on wwe network and drew 841,000 viewers live.

How many do people expect AEW to average. Meltzer says TNT expect 300-400,000 on average but that seems far too low an expectation

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
NXT is going to get it's ass kicked. This will backfire on WWE.
Considering that it looks like two networks are bidding on it that should result in the highest bidder winning thus more money. Money alone will be worth it. They ain't making anything airing it on network but still having to pay costs to tape.

Nxt was eventually going live anyway. If raw and SD are worth that much to tv executives surely nxt was worth airing live too. There was lots of talk of nxt going to fox more than a year ago, long before AEW even existed
https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/6/27/17511024/wwe-nxt-fox-sports-1-discussion-new-tv-deal-report

·
Registered
9,362 Posts

What will happen to Triple H the moment he loses power?

Go on twitter and start liking and later unliking tweets that were saying he'd be a better alternative to Vince's shenanigans.

Oh wait...that already happened, didn't it? :hmmm

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts

If Vince puts one finger on it, it'd be like Zurg corrupting the Unimind in the Buzz Lightyear movie. Yes, I'm a 90s nerd.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

If Vince puts one finger on it, it'd be like Zurg corrupting the Unimind in the Buzz Lightyear movie. Yes, I'm a 90s nerd.
I was thinking more like this

·
Read Only
258 Posts

Go on twitter and start liking and later unliking tweets that were saying he'd be a better alternative to Vince's shenanigans.

Oh wait...that already happened, didn't it? :hmmm
No need. I'll wait until an angry Triple H squashes and buries the roster he created in the ring to spite Vince and his retard boyfriend producing the show.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,557 Posts
NXT is going to get it's ass kicked. This will backfire on WWE.
They have the fact nxt is going to be paid to be on tv while aew pays tnt to be on tv. They have the fact that they can crush them from day 1 if they do a Takeover for the first time ever on AEWs debut night.

And lastly aew came on their night, not the other way around as nxt has been a wed show since it was just added weekly to Hulu before the network. They could have went to Tuesday, not Thursday because of nba coverage but chose to poke nxt. Vince just chose to poke back.

Really they should sell nxt to USA to replace SD at the rate Raw used to get. Then sell 205 live rebranded and relaunched to FS1 for more coverage to fill in for ufc

·
Registered
648 Posts

Two hours for NXT would really give more wrestlers a chance to shine more regularly to be fair. Though Vince running it and going live constantly will become an issue. RIP decent NXT. Welcome back to WWECW lol.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

They have the fact nxt is going to be paid to be on tv while aew pays tnt to be on tv. They have the fact that they can crush them from day 1 if they do a Takeover for the first time ever on AEWs debut night.
AEW isn't paying shit. TNT is covering the production cost.

81 - 100 of 314 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.