Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 314 Posts

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts
Re: PWINSIDER: NXT moving to USA Network

I guess those rumors of Triple H losing political power during the last few months might have legs. Now he'd be running nothing.

Is THE GAME losing his game behind the scenes?
HHH's move to AEW confirmed

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
WWE wants the TV money and USA Network wants the WWE’s audience to draw viewers to their network at least 2 nights live every week. WWE isn’t concerned with on demand replays; see Raw and SmackDown are on Hulu the very next day after they air live too.
Problem is if people are all watching AEW. With them getting ratings 1.5s plus and NXT gets 500-700 viewers USA isn't gonna keep it on long. I'm just saying people are use to watching it on the Network. So deciding to watch AEW live and NXT on Thursday night instead of Wednesday isn't a big adjustment. Buying another service like Hulu would be.

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts
This is a double edged sword for WWE.

It means they'll be able to stop people in the live arena from watching AEW as they'll be there for NXT. But if NXT completely plummets in live viewers due to AEW but sees same viewership on the network, then USA will drop them.

Especially if Vince & Dunn are running the show, it could turn to shit.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I read vince will have a very limted say in NXT if any because he has his hands full with everything else like the XFL return

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,706 Posts
They need to tape in other places not just Full Sail it's annoying how they just stick in one place for that long. switch it up sometimes.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Re: PWINSIDER: NXT moving to USA Network

It was brought up elsewhere, but they can't really risk making too many boneheaded decisions in regards to NXT either. Because a pissed off NXT fan is significantly more likely to just change the channel over to AEW, which will be airing at the same time. Where RAW and SD can get away with pissing people off because there are no real alternatives on that night.
Exactly. WWE can fuck this up if they want to, but if they trash NXT bad enough, for long enough people will start to turn the channel.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,177 Posts
But it will be changing.

Being taped and allowing segments to be taped over and over again until it's perfect, being able to add little creative nuances to something due to it being taped in advance, being able to re-record finishes that may have been botched by developmental talent and plopped into one hour is a lot different to being filmed live AND given an extra hour.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
This whole thing is interesting. Excited to see how it all pans out. Also I guess this means being called up to the main roster isn't as important as it once was. NXT roster is gonna get major exposure now, not to mention going to 2 hours from 1 means more matches, more room for wrestlers to be showcased.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I'm not sure Vince will control this show, it's kinda win-win solution for everyone, RAW have Heyman, SDL will handle by Bischoff and NXT still with Triple H.

If NXT job only fill the slot for Wednesday, then NXT would totally belong to Hunter but even somehow they also aim viewers and rating, I'm sure they will not aim too high for it.

The only problem that I can see is how they could handle the overstock talent and Triple H need minimize the experiment now since NXT will play for tv too and don't forget the wildcard might be apply for NXT and RAW because they're in same ship.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
Getting paid roughly $1 million a week by nbcu according to Meltzer so roughly what raw and SD are currently paid per hour but less than total divas/Bella's

Still though should end the constant 'nxt is losing money' talk that's frequented the internet community for years.

Taping in the same place where everything is already on site will obviously dramatically cut down on production costs too

·
Registered
458 Posts
I personally am not excited about this. I think it is simply a WWE retaliation against AEW which I personally hope backfires and that is from a long time WWE fan.

The reason being WWE monopolizing everything is a large part of why wrestling has lost the magic it once had.
A major league alternative company was desperately needed and many are hoping AEW is just that.

I think WWE have underestimated AEW by thinking that their developmental league is enough to put a dent in the competition. NXT today is filled with a generic army, AEW is going to be out to make mainstream stars, I can see involvement from GLOW, Stephen Amell and other celebrity support and they only have to concern theirselves with the quality of their weekly show and spread out pay per views which will make them fresher.

WWE have so much oversaturated content that the effect it is meant to have is not hitting the desired mark, it is no wonder WWE quality is poor when they have a million and one shows to put together weekly.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Having it on demand on the Network on Thursdays is a mistake. You're basically telling fans to not watch on Wednesdays when the show is actually on television.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i would be excited if triple h was running it but since vince mcmahon is running most of it i it will become just as boring and bad as raw and smackdown

181 - 200 of 314 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.