Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

NEW YORK and STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE and USA Network today announced an agreement in principle to air WWE’s weekly Wednesday night show, NXT, live on USA Network at 8/7 C starting Sept. 18.

Following NXT’s growth in popularity, the new two-hour weekly show will expand its reach on USA Network, the leader in cable entertainment, while staying in its Wednesday night timeslot that it has held since 2015.

“The move to USA Network provides an opportunity to deepen our relationship with NBCUniversal and further build the NXT brand,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & CEO. “Over the long term, our goal is to develop a following that can be monetized to the same level as our flagship programs, Raw and SmackDown.”

“USA Network and WWE have one of the longest and most successful partnerships in television history,” said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks – USA and SYFY. “As the No. 1 cable entertainment network, we’re excited to add NXT to our weekly lineup alongside powerhouse flagship Raw and to bring a new generation of Superstars to a wide audience.”

NXT launched in 2010 and has risen to become WWE’s third global brand alongside Raw and SmackDown, hosting nearly 200 live events around the world each year. Airing on Wednesday nights at 8 p.m., NXT has been WWE Network’s No. 1 weekly series.

NXT offers a unique blend of authentic in-ring action with exciting and entertaining storylines that feature WWE’s hottest up-and-coming Superstars, including Adam Cole, Velveteen Dream, Shayna Baszler, Johnny Gargano, Matt Riddle, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, Candice LeRae, Tommaso Ciampa, Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish. The brand’s diverse roster consists of elite athletes from the NFL, collegiate and amateur sports, MMA, competitive bodybuilding and international sports such as rugby, kushti and kabaddi. It is also the birthplace to 80 percent of the current Raw and SmackDown rosters, including Becky Lynch, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Charlotte Flair, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Bray Wyatt and Baron Corbin.

The series will continue to emanate from Full Sail University in Orlando as part of WWE’s production partnership with the preeminent entertainment, media, arts and technology institution.

Source: https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/nxt-moves-to-usa-network

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
Re: PWINSIDER: NXT moving to USA Network

Before anyone screams about Dave Meltzer or whatever, he also released this news earlier today.

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,020 Posts

pretty telling what Vince thinks your company is worth if he's putting his development league up against you instead of a main show :kobelol

·
Registered
609 Posts

With WWE being able to make more money on another televised show, they should be able to afford cutting Raw back to 2 hours. But I doubt they will.

·
Southern Pride
3,541 Posts

I pray that none of this is true. If there is anything that Meltzer is wrong and inaccurate about please let it be this.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,965 Posts

Meltzer reported that the Vince and Dunn are going to run the show.
Well, that sucks :deandre

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

pretty telling what Vince thinks your company is worth if he's putting his development league up against you instead of a main show :kobelol
Yeah, Vince isn't shock at all. That's why he's moving one of the network draws to national TV, raising everyone's salaries and locking people to 5 year deals.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,685 Posts

Interesting I thought we heard that it would air on FOX no? I'm fine with it going live but unsure about the two hour thing.

About Vince running not sure anyone is shocked if it would be on TV of course he was going to get involved. and it's not like NXT has been great lately outside of Takeover.

Shayna might finally drop the title now. so that's a plus in my book.

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,020 Posts

Yeah, Vince isn't shock at all. That's why he's moving one of the network draws to national TV, raising everyone's salaries and locking people to 5 year deals.
those were just modern business decisions nothing more

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
So now instead of FS1 it's the USA Network which will be a higher rating than FS1 but here's the deal the WWE will be losing some subscribers that are loyal to NXT and don't really care about other stuff either way 2 hours I think is too much but that's just me

·
Registered
11,867 Posts

1 hour live would be too expensive to run. In the very least they'd have to tape every second week because to televise a live one hour show - fans will expect three hours of output still, so you'd be taping something else or just having a ton of dark matches.

Moving to 2 hours live and Vince and Dunn involved means main roster storylines involved meaning main roster only fans will have to watch two more hours of programming a week now. If you have seven hours a week to give to wwe more power to you.

NXT cost for production will go up exponentially if they leave Full Sail and air live every Wednesday. That's why Dunn and Vince would get involved. Also USA probably demands that as well - having the Raw power players calling the shots rather than the minor leaguers running it now.

Vince also has the XFL to worry about come next Spring.

Reactions: patpat

·
Registered
24,457 Posts

I wonder what it would mean, if anything, for USA vs. Fox in terms who gets NXT.

Anyways, I've heard so many rumors as of late I'm not really going to jump to any conclusions. Even the part of "Vince and Dunn" running the shows. Vince half the time doesn't seem like he's live at Raw or SD so I can't see him being in NXT. And I don't see Vince just throwing HHH to the side.

Things will change no matter what network it goes to, that's for sure.

1 - 20 of 314 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.