Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from NXT live. Wow what a fun show. I'll try to remember all the results but make forget a few things.

Heavy Machinery def a team (whom I've seen once or twice on the weekly show, but the names escape me) in a fun opener

Nikki Cross VS Ember Moon -
Was really glad to see this match with psycho Cross VS Ember who can be a bit crazy herself. Very entertaining brawl type match with Ember hitting her modified stunner off the top rope for the win.

Alister Black VS Velvatine Dream -
Velvatine Dream cuts a promo trashing Baltimore that got great heat. At this point it was best match so far with Black getting pin.

Tag Team Championship - Authors of Pain VS Sanity
Impressive agility out of large guys. Authors get the win to retain.

Drew McEntire vs Andrade "Cien" Almas -
Some fun comedy spots, lots of "Drew" chants. Drew with win.

Women's Tag Match - ladies whom I've seen a bit of, but can't place their names VS Ruby Riot and Asuka.

Lots of "Ausaka's gonna kill you" chants and when Ruby was in the ring chants of "We want Asuka". A strange combination and could tell there was tension between Asuka and Ruby. Ultimately Asuka got the pin to the delight of the crowd (and myself as I love me some Asuka)

NXT Championship Bobby Roode VS Roderick Strong -

Was surprised they gave us this match, as the recent storyline has been Roddy wanting Roode and Roode denying him the chance. Really didn't expect to see the two sqaure of till the Takeover before SummerSlam.

Excellent match - match of the night by far. Dueling chants of Lets Go Roddy/Bobby Roode. Also got some "This is awesome" chants. Quite a few believable false finishes.

After the match as we were making our way to the exit, some chaos ensued, somehow the ref got knocked out (missed that part) and Strong basically gave Roode a post match beat down and then mocked him holding the belt in the air as his music played. Leaving us wanting more if they end up facing off at Takeover it should be outstanding.

All in all, a VERY fun event. The crowd was hot from start to finish and not a boring match on the card.

I's post pics, but they all turned out blurry UGH

·
Le Champion
18,816 Posts
Ha! I was about to make a thread cause I was at the show too. :p I'll give my thoughts as well.

LOTS of empty seats which surprised me, but like you said the crowd was hype and loud for everything all night. Only paid $20 for my seat and could've easily moved up 3 or 4 rows into the next tier pf pricing. Hardly anyone in our section but the middle areas were full (we were in section A next tot he entrance way)

First two matches were nothing special. Only the 2nd Heavy Machinery match I've ever watched. They're cool and all, I just don't know how over they're really gonna get with that gimmick. Guess we'll see but it feels like a tag team pulled out of mid-90s WCW. :p Btw they faced Tino Sabbotelli (not looking up the spelling) and Riddick Moss.

Ember Moon/Nikki was fine but forgettable outside of the finish.

Aleister Black vs. The Velveteen Dream - *** 1/4

2nd best match of the night and VERY surprising. Loved Velveteen's character work throughout and they meshed really well. Black is gonna be a superstar.

Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas - ***

Stiff match that was good stuff. Probably would've been one I liked better on camera. Andrade is super underrated too.

Ohno faced a jobber after intermission and I have no idea what his name was. :lol Literally couldn't even understand the announcer. KO is definitely fat but really deceiving with his speed and agility.

Asuka & Ruby Riot vs. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville - ***

Mandy is fucking GORGEOUS and Asuka is mad over. Fun match where the crowd went nuts after Asuka & Sonya knocked each other out with kicks. Ruby's got great energy too.

NXT Championship: Bobby Roode (c) vs. Roderick Strong - *** 3/4

What a god damn great match! Physical as hell and I love how they didn't hold back at all. Roddy got all his signature stuff in, including the backbreaker over the top turnbuckle which was awesome. I was about to head out after the first Glorious DDT but Roddy kicked out and I was absolutely shocked. The whole finishing stretch was a blast. Roode's character work and interaction with that woman at ringside was hilarious. He's over as all hell. Idk how far Roddy's gonna make it strictly based on ring work but damn it he's good. So glad to see him live after watching him for all these years. Both these guys are in incredible shape. Quality show. Much better than the RAW house show I went too in Hershey a few months ago.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
I want to see Asuka vs. Sonya on the show at some point. I bet they could have a fun MMA style match.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Sounds like a decent show. I suppose Sonya is better on live events than on tv, because the couple of matches I've seen from her on NXT tv were really bad, like she was trying too hard to be a badass and her striking didn't seem that good, despite being a real MMA fighter.

Reactions: GimmeABreakJess

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Roode's character work and interaction with that woman at ringside was hilarious. He's over as all hell.
That poor lady had a rough nite lol. Noticed her about running for her life a couple times when there was action outside the ring. Then Roode drops the Glorious robe on top of her head :lol

Right about the empty seats. Last time bought tix a week or so in advance and was in the very top row in the back. This time, most of those back sections were nearly empty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts