Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Mike Bennett already signed and rumors that Adam Cole is next I think this gives NXT one of the best young rosters it's ever had. I like the potential here with what they have in other stars like Damo, Black, AOP, and Cien Almas, especially on the main rosters. NXT has some talent coming up in the future. When? Who knows?

I also say what if Omega? What if Unbreakable Mike Elgan signed? Speaking of the latter I think it would be awesome to see Elgan. He is a throwback, but in a modern very kind of way. His ring style is explosive and also safe. I'm sure he'd be able to learn the WWE's style in no time. He has come a long way in 13 years and I think he's paid his dues by now.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Omega will never sign to go to NXT. Elgin maybe

Reactions: BulletClubFangirl

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Omega will never sign to go to NXT. Elgin maybe
I know this is cliche, but never say never in this business. NXT would be the ideal place for someone like Omega. He comes back to it all started for him with the WWE, dating back his Deep South Wrestling days. His shoot promo would be amazing. Omega says it was just over a decade in the making. Arriving in NXT would simply be a warning to the main roster and GM's can now cum their pants.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I heard Bennett is bypassing NXT and heading straight to Smackdown.

Though to me that's just NXT dodging a bullet.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
I can't see Bennett going to NXT, solely because he has Maria with him. Never seen him work but yeah, Maria's booty>everything.

Overall, I agree, we're heading into a second golden age of NXT, at least as far as talent goes. Roode, Drew, Itami, Ohno, Almas, Black, Gargano, Ciampa (when he recovers), Dain, Strong, Young, Asuka, Ember, Dunne/Bate/Andrews/Seven (until they start the UK show). Then whoever the next few signings are from the indies, plus whoever they get for the women's tournament, plus the PC ones getting better- thinking Mandy and Bianca, haven't really heard about standout PC guys for a while- Dylan Miley might have potential? And Velveteen Dream is a decent worker even though I'm not sold on the gimmick just yet. It's a loaded roster, especially for a one hour show.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
It was great before WM. 2016 was very good.

Omega won't sign until like 2020 lol, he's very happy with NJPW now. Cole will probably debut later this year. Don't know/care about the rest.

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
Yeah, no.

I'm not taking anything this guy says seriously when he just suggested that one of the hottest acts on RAW should be repackaged. A loaded roster doesn't mean shit if booking isn't helping and creative have nothing for you.

FOH.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Unfortunately, no matter how amazing a show or talented the roster becomes, the same people are just gonna keep crying that it isn't developmental over and over again.

And a bit of topic, but I would love if Omega is on NXT. I find NXT better than Raw or Smackdown so I would love to see him on a brand where he would more likely be used and treated properly.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Forget who may or may not be coming to NXT. NXT has the potential to be the best its been with who they have now. Roode/Galloway is a serious main event and it's not obvious who will win that. Strong & Black set up to challenge them later. The mid card is strong: Gargano, Ciampa, Murphy, Lorcan, Almas, Clark, Young and again, in most cases, it's not obvious who will win. The PC guys are coming through with Miley, Matha, Williams, Moss, Sabatelli, Knight, Dozovic as the real beasts/athletes that the PC was set up make into wrestlers.

On the women's side, things are still weaker but Ember Moon, Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot are getting stronger while Evans and Blair are real prospects from the PC.

The main faults in NXT for me were that the outcome of the title matches is usually obvious and there are very few storylines outside the main event with a few squashes and some random booking. They have the people to really change that.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't forget talent that the WWE are developing at the Performance Center in Orlando Florida. They have things there that no other talent came up with until the WWE created it. It's the Holy Land for Developmental talent. The WWE had to invest in stars like Balor, Samoa Joe, Roode, Zayn, Owens, etc in order to take more time to develop talent like Lars Sullivan, or any other non wrestler coming into the WWE.

In the next few years we will be seeing talent that has been groomed to make it. It's the fruit you at first don't see which carries the most flavor. There are over 70 men and women at Developmental and that's a low ball figure. The WWE did the best thing and went out and grabbed name talent to make NXT worth the Developmental talents time. It's a stepping stone show that has gained some heavy momentum, and that was the whole point.

The show NXT is the next step for the talent we aren't seeing right now, not even at house shows. Those stars wrestle in small gyms. They work on their talents the Performance Center like a Boxer works on his game at the Boxing Gym. In three years, or less we should be seeing more and more talent we haven't even really heard, or actually watched in the ring. The future is bright. Thank you HHH and Vince.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,444 Posts
I don't think NXT will ever top 2014-2015.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts