Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Holy shit. This is way way above NXT's average attendance at live events. How's ROH ticket sales doing for the same weekend?

·
How you doing?
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just saw in the reddit thread that the capacity of the building is 5000 seats!

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
fun quality show with great in depth booking, and solid fun crowds. This is to be expected.

Well done.
I think it would be aweseome and hilarious if NXT splits off and, within a couple of years, starts outdrawing Raw or SD consistently. We all know it would if HHH was given that chance. It's a superior product that realises it's wrestling, doesn't shy from being wrestling, and knows how to put on a wrestling show that is more entertaining that most other TV out there. I will go out of my way to watch NXT over most other shows, period, but I have routinely channeled surfed on Raw and completely skipped most SDs for quite some time.

People want to try and use the tired "Only smarks like this!" line... no, this is an actual wrestling show with consistency, logic, and giving a damn about actually coming off as real as possible despite fans being smart about the product. There is only ONE era in which the balance of "entertainment"/wrestling was tacking more toward "entertainment" was actually successful.... and even the AE knew that it was all meant to build back into the ring at the end.

I just hope these numbers wake the office up... in a good way... um, scratch that. I hope Vince remains completely and blissfully unaware of the NXT tidal wave beginning to rise until it comes crashing down over him and he can't do shit to ruin it.

Reactions: Paul Rudd

·
C Mac G
6,498 Posts
That's actually pretty crazy, I wouldn't expect NXT to do that much more than a typical indie, but the indies usually draw around 2,000 max at the Mania weekend shows, a lot of them even have only 900-1100 people.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts
I think it would be aweseome and hilarious if NXT splits off and, within a couple of years, starts outdrawing Raw or SD consistently. We all know it would if HHH was given that chance. It's a superior product that realises it's wrestling, doesn't shy from being wrestling, and knows how to put on a wrestling show that is more entertaining that most other TV out there. I will go out of my way to watch NXT over most other shows, period, but I have routinely channeled surfed on Raw and completely skipped most SDs for quite some time.

People want to try and use the tired "Only smarks like this!" line... no, this is an actual wrestling show with consistency, logic, and giving a damn about actually coming off as real as possible despite fans being smart about the product. There is only ONE era in which the balance of "entertainment"/wrestling was tacking more toward "entertainment" was actually successful.... and even the AE knew that it was all meant to build back into the ring at the end.

I just hope these numbers wake the office up... in a good way... um, scratch that. I hope Vince remains completely and blissfully unaware of the NXT tidal wave beginning to rise until it comes crashing down over him and he can't do shit to ruin it.
:Jordan2 "only smarks"

Nah, NXT gives people a proper chance to actually invest in the roster/match/and show all around, unlike the main roster. And they do it all in 1 hour. main roster has like 7 hours a week and still can't manage it, which is a damn shame.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
:Jordan2 "only smarks"

Nah, NXT gives people a proper chance to actually invest in the roster/match/and show all around, unlike the main roster. And they do it all in 1 hour. main roster has like 7 hours a week and still can't manage it, which is a damn shame.
Seriously... I still like Ambrose/Rollins/Bryan/Cesaro/AJ/Paige and a few others on the main roster, but I rarely invest myself in any of them anymore because it is pointless. There is no logic or consistency to what is happening.

On NXT, even guys I'm not a huge fan of like Corbin or someone I'm not as big on as others like Sasha get me invested because they actually get a logical, point to point story that builds until a climax. This resembles the Attitude Era more than the current product because, up and down the roster, everyone matters. There is not a filler segment. Are there duds? Fuck yeah, but every promotion in every era has a dud. That's the name of the game. But a segment that means something bombing and being a dud is better than any filler segment that somehow is in anyway good.

I mean, I wasn't big on the Owens/Zayne finish myself, but it still made sense in the story and is clearly building to something. I thought it could have been handled better, but at least there was a clear intent to push everything forward.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Is this going to be televised? If so, I'm actually surprised, considering how bland this Mania is shaping up to be and how soundly the NXT specials have outclassed main roster PPVs of late.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Do you think WWE might be nice enough to put this event either on the Network later or on a NXT DVD? I definitely hope so

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
NXT shows in Columbus and Cleveland Ohio and now SanJose California all sell out fast this just shows NXT is the A brand and Vince should be scared as his son in law is taking over

·
Registered
485 Posts
Is this some shit house show or NXT Takeover PPV?
Definitely not a Takeover event. Rumor is it'll be like the recent road shows in Columbus and Cleveland, where they tape some matches for NXT, and others are just "dark" matches.

It'll have an awesome atmosphere; think Full Sail on roids. SJSU's arena holds 5k, and that 5k will be made up of indy marks, hardcore NXT fans, and foreigners who are on holiday and looking to get rowdy. I imagine HHH wants to cash in on that by taping and broadcasting (at least some of it) on the network.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.