Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's nothing revolutionary, it's kinda been done before too but it works like a charm. NXT launched a group of talented young superstars that are now a part of a huge program and they will main event the second biggest PPV of the year, we may think about that for a second. It made things refreshing and some rookies from season 2 look promising, too.

Big props to WWE for this. Some creativity takes them long way and NXT proves, hats off to the WWE. They need more of this kind of originality.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a rare occurence in today's WWE.

I doubt the NXT Season 2 rookies will have as much success as Season 1. Besides Riley and McGuillicuty, I don't see the other making it big. Kaval, Percy and Watson will be future mid-carders for sure though.
The NXT will be a stepping stone for the superstars that will lead the WWE this entire decade. That's huge. I mean, guys like Wade Barrett..I don't see why that guy couldn't be a huge player throughout the decade. Even Bryan Danielson whom I expect to come back. Tarver, too. Even Skip. Now Riley. Kaval. All those guys can be huge players for the future and they're all getting their feet wet in the NXT. Not to mention this program right now is a total success. Really, they've done something right here. They should continue.

·
Registered
578 Posts
WWE is benefiting a lot from the fan votes as well. Do the fans value ring skills or mic skills more? Winning records and a dull personality? Flamboyance or straight up heel? Giants or boring faces? WWE is figuring out what we want, and using NXT to help identify it.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
I completely agree. The NXT concept has been a major success. I can only wonder what WWE would've been if they started doing this concept years ago. So many new stars come in and fail to make a major impact because the fans don't have a clue who they are due to bad booking. This gives new developmental talent a huge opportunity.

I've also been enjoying the show. Sure they have their low points with the obstacle courses and challenges but overall I've been entertained by the majority of the episodes thus far. I'm shockingly surprised at how much I've liked WWE lately.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
The Spirit Squad main evented back at Vengeance 2006 but it didn't lead to big things for them so just 'cause Nexus are main eventing likely SummerSlam that doesn't mean anything they could fade away after this

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
I'd give it a year when we see how many of them are still around to determine if it was a success or not. To be honest, I see 80% of them gone within the nezt couple of years. I dont see anyway in which most of them will connect with this current audience.

As a group Nexus works, but as indivduals? As most of them dont even have any character of sort, they dont come across too great. Barrett and maybe Tarver are the only ones that really come across well.

But so far so good.

Oh, and Percy Watson will DEFINITELY be gone sharpish. He is a joke character and wont last long.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The only thing NXT does that is unique is thrust a newcomer straight into the ME scene with the title shot and obviously has brought the Nexus. Apart from that, the character development is nothing special and nothing that couldn't be done by giving promo time and feuds to guys on ECW

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
The Spirit Squad main evented back at Vengeance 2006 but it didn't lead to big things for them so just 'cause Nexus are main eventing likely SummerSlam that doesn't mean anything they could fade away after this
The Spirit Squad were established lackeys of the Vince McMahon. No one even knew all of them by name. NXT already established each member of Nexus. I honestly don't remember the SS ever main eventing a huge PPV or even being considered a threat to the company and the top face. The Spirit Squad was meant as a device to bring back DX, too.

Nexus > Spirit Squad.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I agree that NXT is working out great. But I only see about half the guys, from both seasons, as long-term successes.

The guys I think have a lot of potential are:

Barrett
Tarver
Gabriel
Hennig
Kaval
Riley
Watson
Cottonwood

Don't like:

Otunga
Slater
Sheffield
Young
Cannon
Harris

·
Registered
432 Posts
Besides Heath Slater, I think the Nexus has a good chance at having decent WWE careers.

As far as Season 2 goes we all know Riley, Henning, Kaval and Harris will make it. And "Oh Yeah" Percy Watson.
A lot of people are hating on Slater. I honestly think the kid has a really bright future. He is gonna be a heel that is rediculously easy to hate on. Its a little early, but I could see him down the line drifting into and out of the Main Event.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
gotta give vince props, instead of building 1 new wrestler he built 7 new wrestlers overnight. it took sheamus and mcintyre a while to get heat but it took the nexus 1 beatdown to get major heat. the only question i now have is that with the nexus, nxt season 2, and possibly nxt season 3 being on the main roster there's obviously gonna be a glut on wrestlers touring ... do you think we're gonna see a lot of the aging wrestlers(goldust, regal, henry, khali, etc) released to make room??

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
Very little chance of any of those wrestlers being released. Primo, Yoshi and the like are more probable
I think you will come to eat those words come a years time.

There is no way Percy Watson will still be in this company come next year, and the same goes for the majority of the guys on NXT now, and in the Nexus.

I would bet a very large amount of money that only a handful of the guys in the Nexus and in NXT currently will still be around in a years time.

Once Nexus ends, there is nothing for most of them to do, and creative will not come up with anything for them.

The only reason they are still employed is because they are in a group, as indivduals, most of them don't stand a chance.

Not saying that just to be negative, I'm being realistic. They just dont have 'it'.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It has been a success as a concept, but I hope it dosen't overstay its welcome. Also people keep talking about how useless Heath Slater is, I hated him at first, but now I think he's pretty good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts