Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really think the commentary on NXT is ruining the product. I really like NXT. It is nice to watch a highly polished product with some really decent talent, knowing that some are going to make the step up to the main roster.

However. I find the NXT commentary really annoying.

- They talk way too fast and way too much and it is really distracting. They suffocate the action and don't allow anything to breathe. Non stop babbling. They really need some feedback off decent commentators because it isn't helping the in ring talent.

- They praise everyone and everything. Constantly blowing smoke up both competitors arse like they are the messiah. They think praising everyone regardless helps put them over but it doesn't It just comes across as phony and not genuine. How are people meant to take the commentary serious if they just praise everything.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
I'm going to put this comment here.

The epicness of Itami vs. Balor was ruined last night by the commentary.

I haven't checked in the NXT thread, which I'll do now, but I could not believe what was going on. Was it that the commentary team was too green to keep up with the moves of these two guys? Did HHH know they couldn't keep up and so threw Neville in there so they could talk to him the whole time instead of focusing on the match? Are there plans to have these two have a bigger program and so try to subdue the awesomeness?

I don't know, but what I do know is the commentary was abysmal and I'll have to rewatch the match on mute.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to put this comment here.

The epicness of Itami vs. Balor was ruined last night by the commentary.

I haven't checked in the NXT thread, which I'll do now, but I could not believe what was going on. Was it that the commentary team was too green to keep up with the moves of these two guys? Did HHH know they couldn't keep up and so threw Neville in there so they could talk to him the whole time instead of focusing on the match? Are there plans to have these two have a bigger program and so try to subdue the awesomeness?

I don't know, but what I do know is the commentary was abysmal and I'll have to rewatch the match on mute.
It's not just on that match but all of them.

If I was an NXT talent I would be pissed of that commentators are ruining my spot. I know that they are green and need to learn somehow but not at the expense of the talent

- They just talk and babble over everything and it just ruins everything.

- They just won't let things play out and let a situation breath. They feel they need to over explain everything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know Regal is GM now but I really think he needs to be on commentary more often. He's fantastic at putting talent and the matches over.

Yes. I was going to suggest they need to bring back Regal to commentary because he is really great at it.

They only moved him aside because of Corry Graves change to commentary after his concussion problems.

I can't figure out who is the worst. I am pretty sure its Alex Riley.

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
Regal was off commentary before Graves was added. Regal was removed because wwe has a different vision for it's commentary - and sadly HHH seems to be of this same thought as judging by the horrid NXT commentary. A-Train was removed from commentary to make room for Corey.

(Regal did have some throat issue/surgery - maybe he can't do commentary anymore I don't know for sure though).

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Every color person on NXT that isn't Graves is bad at their job. Should just be Brennan and Graves permanently. Renee should stick to interviews, and Riley should be an on screen wrestler. IDK about Albert.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Cannot fucking stand Alex Riley.

Brennan is okay, so is Graves.

Keep Renee Young away too. Albert is passable. Doesn't add much, but atleast doesn't annoy me.

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
Seriously? I didn't even notice the commentary. I was way too absorbed by the match. Although, I'm glad there was no Renee.

Plus, it's NO WAY near as bad as Raw.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
Riley has a tendency to mumble but overall I like the crew that was on last night.

·
Banned
1,353 Posts
Jason Albert :mark:

The rest of them suck. I really dislike Graves, don't even know why. I can't even remember the names of the others.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'd like a Regal, Graves and Tensai/Albert etc commentary team.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts