Wrestling Forum banner

NXT character re-packaged!

8123 Views 32 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  cacawmike
Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-for-a-wwe-nxt-character/#YE87m0OKPM3b10xx.99

Looks cool.
- WWE NXT star Baron Corbin has apparently been re-packaged and is being managed by Raquel Diaz, the former Shaul Guerrero. They recently did a shoot together where Baron was seated on a motorcycle. Below is a preview:

See less
Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-for-a-wwe-nxt-character/#YE87m0OKPM3b10xx.99

Looks cool.
- WWE NXT star Baron Corbin has apparently been re-packaged and is being managed by Raquel Diaz, the former Shaul Guerrero. They recently did a shoot together where Baron was seated on a motorcycle. Below is a preview:
See more
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Locker Room Leader
15,176 Posts
Any idea what his gimmick is? Or will this be Chuck Palumbo and Michelle McCool v2.0? :lol

How are Shaul's in ring or mic skills btw? Hoping someone more familiar with her work answers this.

And that two tone hair tho :p

· Lurking. Always lurking.
6,090 Posts
Any idea what his gimmick is? Or will this be Chuck Palumbo and Michelle McCool v2.0? :lol

How are Shaul's in ring or mic skills btw? Hoping someone more familiar with her work answers this.

Shaul gets her micwork from her mama, the Guerrero influence is unmistakeable. Does a very natural stuck up/spoilt heel. As for her in ring work, from what i remember she's not spectacular but not bad either. That was years ago though, during her stint in fcw with Paige, Ivelisse and Audrey Marie, hard to tell if she's grown since then or stagnated. Either way, the girl is definitely not your cookie cutter model turned wrestler, so she for sure adds something distinctive to the divas roster. Could go far under the right tutelage..

· Registered
7,281 Posts
"Re-packaged" is a bit of a misleading statement as he didn't have a package to begin with. He's evidently reached the stage where they feel he's ready to properly start as a featured performer. He's been jobbing on TV for about a year now, he's noticeably much less green than he was then.

He's tall and impressive looking, but he needs to lose that terrible beard.

· 2nd Nature
4,363 Posts
Good to see he will alteast have some sort of direction now, although i was kinda hoping he would team with Fulton full time, i liked that team 2 weeks ago on NXT.

Raquel as his manager can only be a good thing, she's a natural on the mic and fits his look.

· Registered
8,682 Posts

Mic work is up there the best I've ever seen from a Diva. Ring work was pretty awful last time, probably why she's being used as a manager. She was previously managing Jason Jordan and Mason Ryan at NXT house shows, so we'll have to see if this new pairing ends up making it to TV.

Anyway, glad they're going with a gimmick but I couldn't help but think of this:

Biker gimmicks are so lame and TBH I'd rather see Corbin tag-teaming with Sawyer Fulton.

· Banned
6,748 Posts
He doesn't have a gimmick. Creative is trying to appeal to a particular demographic which they already have. They realize that the young boys are getting older and so they need an image that is "cool", or familiar. The idea of tough looking vehicles isn't new, but it's something catchy. They want something like him on their show. It's a legit look and I think he can pull it off.

· Registered
7,281 Posts

Shaul trained in FCW from 2010-2012 and left early after the change to NXT, she then returned to the company a year later in Autumn 2013.
She had shown a lot of personality, as expected from a Guerrero, but was very green in the ring.

That'll change since they now have SDR as the dedicated women's trainer and the Performance Center, as well as NXT in general, which she didn't have in her first run. So she has a bright future, she's just early in it.

· Locker Room Leader
15,176 Posts
Shaul trained in FCW from 2010-2012 and left early after the change to NXT, she then returned to the company a year later in Autumn 2013.
She had shown a lot of personality, as expected from a Guerrero, but was very green in the ring.

That'll change since they now have SDR as the dedicated women's trainer and the Performance Center, as well as NXT in general, which she didn't have in her first run. So she has a bright future, she's just early in it.

Except Chavo :ti :lol

But yeah good to know she has charisma and can talk- couldpossibly be a heat magnet like her mom.

· El Ingobernable
950 Posts
Interesting, was't won over by Shaul at all during her first NXT/FCW run but she's a Guerrero, so i'm willing to give her another chance.

· All out of bubblegum.
5,421 Posts
Baron Corbin atleast looks a lot cooler than he used to, cant find original pictures but when he joined FCW he looked very underwhelming.

· Banned
8,659 Posts
Biker gimmicks are generally lame. But they can make it interesting.

Only people who will understand what I have in mind for that would have to have read "A Good Man is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor. There's this killer called the Misfit who I think would be brought to life really well by Baron Corbin. A very southern styled, darker, creepier type of biker.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.