Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your honest opinion which NXT Superstars from the men's and women's division do y'all see getting called up to the main roster in 2020??

I see Shayna Baszler, Matt Riddle, Johnny Gargano, sadly Velveteen Dream hopefully he becomes the NXT Champion before moving up, Candice LeRae, Bianca Belair, Damian Priest, Pete Dunne, Killian Dain, Dominik Dijakovic, Taynara Conti, Forgotten Sons, Xia Li, Mia Yim probably, hell Keith Lee please don't only if he gets a lengthy NXT Championship run maybe Kayden Cross & Kacy Catanzaro if she hasn't retired or quit cause of the injury she sustained also the way they used VXT (Deonna Purrazzo & Chelsea Green) I can see them getting called up even though I think they should be in NXT.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Gargano needs to go.

Shayna's totally ready, unfortunately that might mean Duke & Shafir (who stink up every place) are going with her. Mia is probably ready, though I'd pretty much see her taking Ember's booking spot but at least she'll likely be doing more. Jinny is ready, and I'd specifically move Jinny to RAW. She's quite talented on the mic.

Dream is ready, but good luck to him.

Those who need one more year:

-Keith Lee
-Taynara, as she's finally improving.
-Matt Riddle
-Swerve Scott (with his talent I see him rising rapidly though)
-Xia Li
-Dijakovic
-Piper Niven
-Io Shirai
-WALTER (and Imperium)
-Rhea Ripley, because don't rush her off NXT too soon despite her fortunes lately.
-Kay Lee Ray

Those who need half a year, but are almost ready:

-Bianca Belair
-Toni Storm
-Dakota Kai
-Vanessa Borne (she's not going to get any better than she is at her low-card level of talent, so might as well)
-Kona Reeves (same as Vanessa)
-All of TUE (technically, but they are crucial to NXT, so I'd like them to stay, but they're going to be called up sooner than later. Especially Adam Cole.)
-Aliyah (finally, but she'll likely be a resident jobber, which is appropriate)

Dain and Finn are better off in NXT than RAW/SD. So is Candice LeRae, who I'd think would quickly get lost in the red/blue roster if they called her. Isla Dawn, Xia Brookside in UK. Ciampa doesn't want to leave, so keep him there. Tegan Nox, VXT, and every woman that hasn't been on US TV yet obviously needs to stay on NXT.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I really don't expect a crazy amount of callups like years past. I mean NXT is still competing with AEW so they'll need some names in that regard. I mean just in the last year they took Lars, Lacey Evans, Nikki Cross, EC3, Heavy Machinery, Kairi Sane, Aleister Black, Ricochet, Street Profits and if not for Ciampa's injury they would've taken DIY too.

The ones I see getting called up will probably be Shayna Baszler(via a Rumble win), Duke & Shafir, Undisputed Era, Bianca Belair and Matt Riddle. Hopefully the upcoming Dusty Classic will help build up some tag teams because the biggest casualty of all these mass callups the last few years has been NXT's tag team division.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gargano needs to go.

Shayna's totally ready, unfortunately that might mean Duke & Shafir (who stink up every place) are going with her. Mia is probably ready, though I'd pretty much see her taking Ember's booking spot but at least she'll likely be doing more. Jinny is ready, and I'd specifically move Jinny to RAW. She's quite talented on the mic.

Dream is ready, but good luck to him.

Those who need one more year:

-Keith Lee
-Taynara, as she's finally improving.
-Matt Riddle
-Swerve Scott (with his talent I see him rising rapidly though)
-Xia Li
-Dijakovic
-Piper Niven
-Io Shirai
-WALTER (and Imperium)
-Rhea Ripley, because don't rush her off NXT too soon despite her fortunes lately.
-Kay Lee Ray

Those who need half a year, but are almost ready:

-Bianca Belair
-Toni Storm
-Dakota Kai
-Vanessa Borne (she's not going to get any better than she is at her low-card level of talent, so might as well)
-Kona Reeves (same as Vanessa)
-All of TUE (technically, but they are crucial to NXT, so I'd like them to stay, but they're going to be called up sooner than later. Especially Adam Cole.)
-Aliyah (finally, but she'll likely be a resident jobber, which is appropriate)

Dain and Finn are better off in NXT than RAW/SD. So is Candice LeRae, who I'd think would quickly get lost in the red/blue roster if they called her. Isla Dawn, Xia Brookside in UK. Ciampa doesn't want to leave, so keep him there. Tegan Nox, VXT, and every woman that hasn't been on US TV yet obviously needs to stay on NXT.
Hmm I think they should call up Jazzy Gabert, I feel like she can be a huge game changer on the Raw roster also a huge threat to the Raw Women's Championship and as for Jinny she should go to Smackdown but I would put Killer Kelly, definitley Toni Storm on Smackdown as well too. As for the men you could be right I want Velveteen Dream to be the NXT Champion before moving up, as much as I like Undisputed Era looks like their time on NXT is definitely winding down and I see them going but I just hope Vince doesn't break them up otherwise the only two from that stable will get big pushes is Cole & Strong, he'll turn ReDDragon into jobbers in no time. Dakota/Tegan are going to have a long lengthy feud so I don't see them calling Kai up until 2021 and Nox as well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't expect a crazy amount of callups like years past. I mean NXT is still competing with AEW so they'll need some names in that regard. I mean just in the last year they took Lars, Lacey Evans, Nikki Cross, EC3, Heavy Machinery, Kairi Sane, Aleister Black, Ricochet, Street Profits and if not for Ciampa's injury they would've taken DIY too.

The ones I see getting called up will probably be Shayna Baszler(via a Rumble win), Duke & Shafir, Undisputed Era, Bianca Belair and Matt Riddle. Hopefully the upcoming Dusty Classic will help build up some tag teams because the biggest casualty of all these mass callups the last few years has been NXT's tag team division.
If Matt Riddle gets called up then he's definitely facing Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship and I think they should actually pull a swerve have him win the Rumble so he can go on to face the person he destined to retire but that's not going to happen though.

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Gargano has a nice look but hes small as fuck sadly. Shayna for sure. Maybe Riddle on Raw. Not Velveteen, hes one of the least i care for, reminds me of Sonny Kiss.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Wouldn't make sense for call ups if WWE was speaking the truth about NXT no longer being "developmental" brand but "equal" brand to RAW & Smackdown

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,262 Posts
Elaborate, because we both know creative freedom is stifled on the main roster. How do you think HAITCH is holding them back?
I think it's clear that HHH doesn't care for Keith Lee, in 18 months he's had 1 Takeover match, 2 meaningful singles wins, and 1 live mic promo. He thinks Lee's role should be a side attraction as the fat guy who flips, he's not utilizing his charisma and promo skills.

Dream has been used slightly better but as one of the best all-around packages in all of wrestling, I think it's silly that he hasn't risen above developmental midcard champ. The fact that people like Gargano and Ciampa got way more mic time and more prominent feuds even though all they have to offer is solid ring work mean HHH doesn't "get it" anymore than Vince does.

The only reason I want to see them on the main roster is because with Vince needing to fill so much time they're more likely to get an opportunity to shine, in NXT if HHH doesn't think you'll get 5* he has no use for you.

·
The EST of NXT
28,396 Posts
I think it's clear that HHH doesn't care for Keith Lee, in 18 months he's had 1 Takeover match, 2 meaningful singles wins, and 1 live mic promo. He thinks Lee's role should be a side attraction as the fat guy who flips, he's not utilizing his charisma and promo skills.

Dream has been used slightly better but as one of the best all-around packages in all of wrestling, I think it's silly that he hasn't risen above developmental midcard champ. The fact that people like Gargano and Ciampa got way more mic time and more prominent feuds even though all they have to offer is solid ring work mean HHH doesn't "get it" anymore than Vince does.

The only reason I want to see them on the main roster is because with Vince needing to fill so much time they're more likely to get an opportunity to shine, in NXT if HHH doesn't think you'll get 5* he has no use for you.
The funny thing is Velveteen is capable of giving you 5 stars in the ring and on the mic. Keith Lee is also very funny on Twitter, yet stoic and generic on TV, so I understand where you're coming from now.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,490 Posts
The thing is most of the NXT prospects minus Shayna and Keith Lee are somewhat doomed upon debuting on the MR, Adam Cole and the UE are more than ready next year for a call up but NXT also needs a new Top Heel preferably one that doesn't get cheered like Cole as well, Gargano will just be another guy obviously Midcarder on the MR and he's too big for 205 Live so there's another one, Pete Dunne would be fine in the Midcard but won't get any higher on the card, Ciampa may as well stay in NXT for a while longer since he's their new head of sorts who can work a feud or two with Balor.

There's Matt Riddle who may have potential for the MR, Velveteen Dream is a hit or miss but maybe Vince will take a liking to his flamboyant gimmick.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The thing is most of the NXT prospects minus Shayna and Keith Lee are somewhat doomed upon debuting on the MR, Adam Cole and the UE are more than ready next year for a call up but NXT also needs a new Top Heel preferably one that doesn't get cheered like Cole as well, Gargano will just be another guy obviously Midcarder on the MR and he's too big for 205 Live so there's another one, Pete Dunne would be fine in the Midcard but won't get any higher on the card, Ciampa may as well stay in NXT for a while longer since he's their new head of sorts who can work a feud or two with Balor.

There's Matt Riddle who may have potential for the MR, Velveteen Dream is a hit or miss but maybe Vince will take a liking to his flamboyant gimmick.
My guess is that the Top Heel will be Finn Balor, although who's gonna be the #2 Heel? Who's going to be the Top Heel in the midcard scene? The Face side is pretty well set up with Gargano, Ciampa, Lee, Dijakovic and Dream.

·
16,262 Posts
Elaborate, because we both know creative freedom is stifled on the main roster. How do you think HAITCH is holding them back?

The only reason I want to see them on the main roster is because with Vince needing to fill so much time they're
The funny thing is Velveteen is capable of giving you 5 stars in the ring and on the mic. Keith Lee is also very funny on Twitter, yet stoic and generic on TV, so I understand where you're coming from now.
You're right, Dream can put on a 5* match, so given how much bigger, better looking, and more charismatic he is than Gargano, Cole, Ciampa, is there one good reason why they've been pushed so much more than Dream?

How about Keith Lee who had so much presence in the ring with Seth and Roman that the fans who didn't even know him rallied behind him, you can't teach electricity. Why is he eating pins for Balor instead of capitalizing on his momentum?

Some people think he might win the Rumble but how stupid would it be for a guy who just lost to Balorina and has no accolades to win the Rumble out of nowhere? Why didn't he win the triple threat, face Cole, put on a banger, and then seconds away from victory have TUE get Cole dq'ed. Then the narrative going into Rumble is he's the hottest thing in WWE, he would've won the title if not for TUE, and who can stop him?

·
The EST of NXT
28,396 Posts

The only reason I want to see them on the main roster is because with Vince needing to fill so much time they're

You're right, Dream can put on a 5* match, so given how much bigger, better looking, and more charismatic he is than Gargano, Cole, Ciampa, is there one good reason why they've been pushed so much more than Dream?

How about Keith Lee who had so much presence in the ring with Seth and Roman that the fans who didn't even know him rallied behind him, you can't teach electricity. Why is he eating pins for Balor instead of capitalizing on his momentum?

Some people think he might win the Rumble but how stupid would it be for a guy who just lost to Balorina and has no accolades to win the Rumble out of nowhere? Why didn't he win the triple threat, face Cole, put on a banger, and then seconds away from victory have TUE get Cole dq'ed. Then the narrative going into Rumble is he's the hottest thing in WWE, he would've won the title if not for TUE, and who can stop him?
Right. I have no faith in a guy winning the Rumble after tag teaming with Lio Rush.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
”Call-ups” are dead. NXT is not below Raw and SD any longer. They may shift some guys from brand to brand but there is nothing “up” about going from NXT to Raw or SD.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts

I think you’re just missing that in-ring work is what makes NXT go. Sports entertainment it ain’t. The whole new modern high work-rate indy model is what fuels it. It sounds like that’s just not for you.

·
16,262 Posts
I think you’re just missing that in-ring work is what makes NXT go. Sports entertainment it ain’t. The whole new modern high work-rate indy model is what fuels it. It sounds like that’s just not for you.
Well that's my point, why keep people with the "sport's entertainment" talents on the "wrasslin" show where they'll never be fully appreciated?

NXT has definitely not been for me since it changed from developmental to fake Indy but I'm forced to watch it because all the PC talent is funneled through NXT and they're holding several talents I really like hostage.

If NXT is really the main roster now then why does all the talent debut there first, even the ones that clearly don't fit?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts