Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I wanted to discuss and it seems as though I'm in the minority when I say it's a useless move.

Before NXT, there was only FCW which was their full time developmental program. NXT was then introduced first as sort of a reality show with "awards" for winners, the winner being promoted to a full time star on the active roster and so forth. NXT was created to be a step between FCW and RAW/Smackdown to get talent exposed to bigger crowds and then later on to bigger ongoing storylines to a brand itself.

Well with that said and NXT being the middle ground, what is the purpose of canceling FCW and making NXT the new developmental program? The New NXT now just becomes the Old FCW, with a different name. These Superstars will no longer have that middle ground to work in front of big audiences on the main stage to truly test who they can be. Instead it'll just go back to the small time FCW atmosphere, just under a different roof. What is the purpose? There no longer is that middle ground once again.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Last I heard they're keeping FCW. All they're doing is no longer broadcasting it.

If that's true then NXT is still one step above.

However I would love the old NXT to come back.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
LOL NXT served no real purpose. Dark matches and house shows are there for guys to get used to larger crowds, and they get to work on their promo skills and character stuff on the TV show in Florida. The old NXT is a fun show but it's not necessary.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It is supposed to be on WWE.com although JR's recent comments leave me to wonder if that is supposed to be happening.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Eh.
The old old NXT got boring very much, very quickly.

The NXT that was going on for a few months, up until recently, was very fun. It featured cool stories and smart booking.

The supposed new NXT-FCW will be, hopefully, very good and every smark's dream.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I havent watched a lot of NXT since season two, but it seemed to have regressed into a rookie version of superstars, so this move does make sense, to me.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Would rather them just keep both how it is.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
I think its good that NXT is now the developmental program. I mean that is what it was for the past year. The NXT roster never really appeared on RAW or Smackdown. Besides NXT as a show probably burned out the crowd before Smackdown, so maybe Smackdown can have a more active crowd.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think its good that NXT is now the developmental program. I mean that is what it was for the past year. The NXT roster never really appeared on RAW or Smackdown. Besides NXT as a show probably burned out the crowd before Smackdown, so maybe Smackdown can have a more active crowd.
So why wouldn't you just move FCW to the new arena and do that show there, yet still have NXT so guys could have a chance to interact with larger crowds?

What they just did is merged it into one, just as it used to be before NXT was created.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
So why wouldn't you just move FCW to the new arena and do that show there, yet still have NXT so guys could have a chance to interact with larger crowds?

What they just did is merged it into one, just as it used to be before NXT was created.
I'd rather they give the NXT guys the houseshows to interact with the larger crowds.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
FCW is staying. Is the off screen developmental, I know you can find it on the web but a large part of it goes undocumented.
NXT is an onscreen documented version that airs just before RAW, the only thing is that now its to be filmed each week in a University sports hall instead of post RAW, which in a way defeats the object of having them get better infront of large crowds.

Its like a conveyor belt, and you can skip some of these stages depending on how good you are.

Signed to FCW usually from the indies or training schools or auditions > FCW > NXT > Superstars > Smackdown > RAW

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
While having NXT in small venues really negates it's purpose of being a middle man between FCW and RAW, I'm kind of glad they did it as it makes it more of an alternative to the current WWE product. I don't mind the smaller venues, the only thing I really want is that the same people who booked FCW book this version of NXT as FCW in 2011 and 2012 was some of the best wrestling on TV.

The only thing I'm worried about is that Raw and Smackdown writers (mostly Raw) get their grubby mits on the talent and WWEize them, changing all their gimmicks to "guy in tights" and proceed to bury them in 2 minute matches because they need to show more recaps and commercials. It'd really suck if they toned down Bray Wyatt or have King make fun of Paige because she's pale.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
This thread should be locked/merged with the other, more popular "New NXT" thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts