Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from today WWE first Quarter conference call

WWE management said they still plan to shift NXT and Superstars back to TV in the domestic market. "We hope to place that on a traditional network in the near future," said CFO George Barrios. Barrios added that WWE is "in the market" shopping the shows around. (WWE stressed they are currently still monetizing the shows through international TV distribution.)

so if they are planning to put both shows back on tv they need to make huge changes to nxt and also put bigger names on superstars weekly which they actually started to do lately(miz-ryder-ziggler)

nxt also need to find a new concept since they already lost thier former competitive concept(winning a wwe title shot-tag title shot or a place on the main roster)
to actauly recieve offers from tv networks they need to make the show appealing to wwe audience.

with Regal saying changes are coming i think they are already have plans for the show in the very near future

as we said in other threads maybe a new title? or a monthly battle royal with the winner getting a title shot on the us or the intercontinental title on the monthly ppv or any other way to make the show competitive again

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I hope they get a TV deal in the US soon. More exposure for the shows mean more exposure for the lower-midcarders hopefully, it can only be a good thing.

As for NXT needing a new concept, I don't think that's necessary. The pro/rookie concept they had before was okay, but was pretty gimmicky overall. And winning a place on the main roster? A tag team title shot? Really? That's their kayfabe prize? Good luck with that. Anyone can get on the main roster if the bookers need them and anyone can get a title shot.

It's great as it is at the moment. It's essentially the C show with interesting lower-midcard storylines and good matches. I hope that'll be enough to get a TV deal somewhere. Although if it gets on TV they could actually introduce a TV title for NXT. Which would never happen, but one can dream.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
NXT already airs in Canada, but Superstars has never aired a single episode in Canada, so hopefully WWE works out stuff for other countries too after they get back on USA channels. I always wanted Smackdown on FX(since before they went to SyFy) and now you can obviously tell, UFC jumped at that huge opportunity and are now on FX.

But 4 shows is way too much. Make Raw/SD the usual stuff, and just make NXT like AAA(for those who know MLB,they'll know what that means) and FCW is AA.

For those who don't know MLB, AAA is the level before entering MLB, some guys who aren't good enough to make the MLB are sent to AAA, and others who might make MLB soon are in AAA as well.

Just get rid of all the useless stuff WWE does, have more matches on Raw/SD, get rid of NXT or Superstars and have the 3rd show just be like a televised version of FCW basically.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
If four shows is "way too much," the WWE really screwed up by trying to create their own network. NXT needs to get back onto television just to get more people exposed to it again. It's by far the best written WWE show on a week-to-week basis.

·
Registered
167 Posts
NXT already airs in Canada, but Superstars has never aired a single episode in Canada
I remembered it airs in Canada in the 90s. At least, there was a french version of the show avec Raymond Rougeau as the lead commentator, so maybe it was just in french and not in english.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
NXT could develop into a good C-brand and be useful to WWE's portfolio. However, they are going to have to add some bigger names if they want to go on TV. Kidd/McGillicutty/Curtis/Watson is a start, but the show needs draws for a TV audience.

Superstars has always seemed like the odd show in the lineup. There's really not a reason for it and it completely lacks direction. So I think WWE should instead try the cruiserweight show and get that on TV.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I remembered it airs in Canada in the 90s. At least, there was a french version of the show avec Raymond Rougeau as the lead commentator, so maybe it was just in french and not in english.
I'm not talking about the old superstars shows...Im talking about the WWE Superstars show that airs today.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Both shows were previously cancelled due to low ratings. There's very little interest if any in them for the weekly fee WWE wants.
The ratings were fine. SyFi ultimately dropped NXT because they were picking up Smackdown and didn't want two wrestling shows in the lineup. At the time, NXT was likely the highest rated show on the network.

The real issue is that the WWE was arrogant and believed they were going to rush their Network onto television quickly enough that they'd simply slide those shows (and others) onto it, so they didn't bother trying to get them moved elsewhere.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Eh, sounds like a bit of hot air to make themselves look good after pretty bad financial reports coming out lately and it would just over-saturate their product again. Nobody is really watching NXT and Superstars online now anyways so translating that on TV won't do any much good at all.

If you want, just place Superstars on Sunday Mornings to replace AM RAW or something like the old school days when you would see a match or two, followed by recaps from RAW and Smackdown.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts