Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Rhea best not be leaving NXTUK.
Why? She's too big of a star to stay in that wasteland that nobody watches, just like Dunne. This has been long overdue. I actually want to watch Rhea's segments. Can't say that about anyone else in NXT right now except for Io and Dream.

So, the whole Shayna/Mia segment has me thinking we're either going to have some sort of feud with Rhea, Mia and whomever vs Shayna and her cronies or a Roderick Strong-type of scenario where we get a swerve and Mia ends up costing Rhea the NXT Women's title at Takeover and aligns with Shayna Baszler.
Shh. Don't give them ideas on how to make that division even worse.

I think we might be headed to a fatal four way between boring nepotism bitch, Io, Rhea, and Candice, which should actually be a lot of fun when it happens. But it's still too early to tell. If it does happen, boring nepotism bitch probably retains because of course.

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
I'm just so excited to see Dominik Dijakovic back, i've actually really missed him!

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts
Why? She's too big of a star to stay in that wasteland that nobody watches, just like Dunne. This has been long overdue. I actually want to watch Rhea's segments. Can't say that about anyone else in NXT right now except for Io and Dream.

Shh. Don't give them ideas on how to make that division even worse.

I think we might be headed to a fatal four way between boring nepotism bitch, Io, Rhea, and Candice, which should actually be a lot of fun when it happens. But it's still too early to tell. If it does happen, boring nepotism bitch probably retains because of course.
Shayna's far from boring, but whatever.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Every time I read these spoilers I feel a bit let down. I always feel like they aren't going to be good but I'm always wrong. Not every episode is fantastic, some do feel more like filler but there is more good than bad. As for my thoughts on these:

Starting off with TUE. I knew they were going that way with Roddy not being the one pinned. Now it's really going to be a one on one with Roddy victorious. Very cool to see the wrong man getting pinned in the tag match. Great way to set up a rematch.

Priest v Mansoor - could be a really good match. Mansoor has been surprisingly good.

Yim v Borne - Yim is cringy at times and not that good. I like Borne and I like her and Aliyah's bougie gimmick.
I know that Shayna promo after the match is going to be awful.

Thorne v Reed - I wasn't big on The Mighty but I thought Thorne was the better of the two. I think on one of the last episodes Thorne was talking about the new guys kinda like Keith Lee is also doing and Ohno was doing before. Running out of ideas I guess. Either way I don't see Reed being any more than a jobber in the future. He shouldn't have beat, I think, the creepy guy in the tournament either.

Dain v Riddle - kinda surprised at this outcome. Maybe this loss and the apparent beatdown after was punishment for running his mouth on social media.

Io vs local jobber - I guess if you are going to let her go ape shit it might as well be against someone no one cares about.
Candice makes the save, I guess they are staying with it because their match was so well received and since Candice passed out instead of tapping.

Lee v Dijak - finally, I hope it lives up to the hype from a few months ago. Could be a great one.

Glad Rhea is at Full Sail but it looks like they are trying to turn her face. I was really hoping she would become the female member of TUE.

Conti v Belair - I'm guessing Belair won even though no one mentioned it. It's weird because there are things I love about both and there are things I can't stand about both.

Cole v Myles - shocking, pointless end to a pointless tournament. Myles doesn't interest me but you guys said the two had great matches in RoH so we will see...

Johnny cutting a promo and kicking Thorne who, I guess, is also out there for some reason. Neat.

Dream v Reeves - Kona isn't as cringy as he was when he first started his Finest gimmick but it's still bad.
I actually look forward to seeing Roddy set the couch on fire.

Dunne v Garza - love seeing Dunne but I hate that Garza loses. Garza is a great personality and losing 2 out of the 3 matches on tv so far sucks.

Grimes should have won the tournament. Regardless, I think he needs some sort of gimmick but the top hat and the vest is the wrong one. Even if they go stereotypical Hillbilly Jim type but more if Hillbilly Jim was mixed with the Wyatt Family.

Rhea v Shayna - I figured this was going to be a DQ. The way the tweet sounds Rhea was going to lose/win by DQ and beat up so she attacks first and takes them out with the chair. I'm fine with this outcome, it sets up another that hopefully ends with Rhea holding the strap.

TUE v Street Profits - the correct team won. Street Profits have one foot out the door.

They seem like decent shows and once you add the backstage stuff they film at a different time, it will probably be pretty solid tapings. The next set will be in mid Sep. Lots of time until Wargames at the end of Nov.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Now as for the storylines going forward. They didn't have TUE win the titles in Toronto because they didn't want too much time to pass with just Roddy not having a title. This way they can still run with the story that they are getting screwed over. Roddy will win the NA title in the main event on the first live episode on USA and they will go off they air with all of The Undisputed Era holding gold in the ring.

Since they are moving to 2 hours live they brought in some more firepower with Dunne and Rhea since they are stars and not in the title picture on the UK show. Granted I am a bit behind on those shows. Rhea is a more credible person to take the belt from Shayna than Mia, Bianca or Candice. Keep Io occupied with a longer than a one-off Candice feud and then have her go after Mia, Nox or Kai.

Other than the Street Profits, who are mostly regulars on the MR now, I don't see anyone getting called up for a while and that includes Gargano and Shayna, sorry. They need the depth now and they can't afford to lose anyone so none of the impact players are going anywhere.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
When WALTER spends the better part of two years as champion, and they feed everyone to him repeatedly. Then maybe I'll have an issue with him. Also he has more presence than Shayna does as well.

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts
When WALTER spends the better part of two years as champion, and they feed everyone to him repeatedly. Then maybe I'll have an issue with him. Also he has more presence than Shayna does as well.
A man his size should not be so generic or have lackeys. He's boring as hell.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,081 Posts
I'm elated TUE won the tag titles back but more than anything, I'm super happy for Bobby Fish. Dude has worked his ass after a few bad luck injuries to get into the best shape of his life. Good for old man Fish.

Reactions: Jersey

·
Standing with The Man
6,173 Posts
Glad Rhea is at Full Sail but it looks like they are trying to turn her face. I was really hoping she would become the female member of TUE.
No way, :eek:ut

Rhea is way too much of a bad ass to be part of a faction and at the moment she is the only women on the roster who can be a genuine threat to Shayna and beat her.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
I'm not sure Roddy beats Dream for the NA Title. I think Triple H knows he's got a star in Dream, so I think he is denied. Honestly, I can see the first head-to-head NXT seeing The Undisputed Era swept -- Dream beats Strong, Street Profits win back the Tag Titles and Gargano beats Adam Cole in a Ladder Match main event. Throw in Shayna dropping the Women's Title to Io -- maybe in a Triple Threat with Rhea Ripley -- and maybe Rey Mysterio vs. Ricochet as a bit of a special attraction, and you've got a fucking solid show right out the gate. TUE try and help Cole in the main event, but Tommaso Ciampa makes the save and clears them out allowing Gargano to win the strap back.

Have Regal promise "consequences" if TUE ruin his main event. This sets up War Games between Gargano, Ciampa and two other babyfaces against The Undisputed Era. In my perfect world, Regal would make the call to Johnny Saint to get WALTER on-loan as a bit of an early days attraction for NXT. Him chopping the fuck out of Strong, Fish, O'Reilly and Cole in singles matches heading up to it would be beautiful. Throw Dream in there and there's your main event for Chicago.

141 - 159 of 159 Posts