Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Lol, the Profits geeked out, I guess now they are gonna be called up for real

At least they got a succesful title defense on PPV/Special event... unlike other people... :sadbecky

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts
:Wat?

So...you couldn't do that at Takeover: Toronto? Street Profits are basically called up anyways. Why not do the change there? Goes to show how inconsequential that show really was.

Makes no sense.
To make NXT TV worth watching, you'll never know what you'll see. Duh.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
:lauren

Yeesh. Not a good taping IMO. Looks stale and bland (with very few exceptions).

Man, even when I wasn't feeling NXT a mere year ago anyways, at least people on here were raving about it and I can see why there was excitement and hope (even if I didn't agree with some of it).

Now? Looks like a fucking wasteland here now (the subforum and the NXT brand in general). Wow.

To make NXT TV worth watching, you'll never know what you'll see. Duh.
In your inane way of making an excuse out of this, let's try this.

Why couldn't the UE just simply win the titles at Takeover and if SP wants a rematch, THIS could have been the rematch before sending them off to the main roster while re-establishing O'Reilly and Fish as champions?

See how that works, bud?

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts
:lauren

Yeesh. Not a good taping IMO. Looks stale and bland (with very few exceptions).

Man, even when I wasn't feeling NXT a mere year ago anyways, at least people on here were raving about it and I can see why there was excitement and hope (even if I didn't agree with some of it).

Now? Looks like a fucking wasteland here now (the subforum and the NXT brand in general). Wow.

In your inane way of making an excuse out of this, let's try this.

Why couldn't the UE just simply win the titles at Takeover and if SP wants a rematch, THIS could have been the rematch before sending them off to the main roster while re-establishing O'Reilly and Fish as champions?

See how that works, bud?
That would be a bit too predictable in my opinion. Era are already established.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Stop engaging the WWE 4 LYFE crowd, please

NXT blows outside of Ripley and Roddy.

Can't wait for AEW to rip this a new asshole, then maybe HHH will fix this mess he made.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
That would be a bit too predictable in my opinion. Era are already established.
Predictability =/= bad, always. Cole is the NXT champion now. That's why I said it is to re-establish O'Reilly and Fish as tag champions in this go around.

If you're going to make Undisputed Era your top acts of NXT, then you need to establish them as a unit of superstars, not just Cole's personal security.

·
Registered
24,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Some thoughts from the tapings:

*Mansoor vs. Priest could be a little sleeper match. Mansoor came out of nowhere for me and is a nice athletic talent. And Priest could be a good big man for him if they let him be himself more often.

*That Mia Yia segment. "You pushed me more than anyone has" or whatever Shayna said. :lol

That gave me a good laugh. Read the room HHH. Hopefully this was just to put a bow on everything.

*Shane getting the win over Reed was interesting. I hope his segment with Johnny later means they're actually going to be working together instead of him just being a sacrificial lamb. If Johnny's staying in NXT, have him work with the new guys.

*RIP Dream's couch. Fuck you Roddy.

*Dain vs. Riddle sounds like a fun, strong kind of match. Interested in that.

*Io killing another jobber. If she and Candice have another match, it HAS to be Extreme Rules or something.

*Sounds like Lee and Dijak FINALLY got to have their big match. Can't fucking wait. As everyone knows I'm a Lee mark but the loss doesn't really bother me so long as they go somewhere with it like it seems they have been.

*Rhea Ripley bitches! Man, so glad it seems like she's moving to main NXT. And yeah, I guess she cut Io in line and if it were anyone else I'd be annoyed. But it's Rhea, so I'm not. I don't know how the matches will go. I don't know if it will stay one on one. But seeing her in main NXT is great.

*Interested in Cole vs. Myles. Given how things shook out I still think it's a crime that Swerve got eliminated so early. He to me is the star of that whole 8 man group, 2nd being Garza.

*Speaking of Garza, him vs. Dunne sounds cool.

*TUE winning the tag belts was interesting. I guess you can say they just should have done it in Toronto. But you can say they were being unpredictable and with Cole practially dead at the end of the main event, you really couldn't do an angle where they all pose with the belts together.

So yeah, overall I'm happy with the direction of these tapings.

2 things though. #1, keep Johnny far away from Cole, have him work with newer guys. #2, Keep Mia the hell away from the Women's Title scene. That right now is for Shayna, Rhea, and Io and Candice if they want to add them.

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
My primary concern (and I had the same concern with Yim/Baszler) is the match quality if they do have one at Takeover. Rhea isn't exactly a ring general. And her being NXT UK Women's Champion for a little bit means nothing when she was basically only rewarded it for her heel work during the MYC 2, according to reports.

They really need to fold Candice and Io into the feud. Because otherwise I have a feeling that Rhea/Baszler is going to be roughly as bad as Yim/Baszler was from an in ring perspective. The detailed spoilers made tonight's match sound like a mess.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,036 Posts
I think they didn't put the titles on TUE at the Takeover is because they didn't want Roddy geeked out as the only member without a win/title. Although that could've created a potential storyline in itself.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Yeesh. Sounds like another shit set of tapings.

Lots of nobodies.

Johnny staying in NXT despite being beyond stale there.

Undisputed still hogging up all this time despite CHOKING in Toronto. Seriously, this is fucking main roster booking. If you're gonna give Fish and O'Reilly the titles and still have Roddy chase Dream, WHY NOT JUST FUCKING DO IT IN TORONTO AND GET IT OVER WITH SO WE CAN MOVE ON?

Allusions to Mia vs. Shayna continuing despite that being the worst TakeOver match I ever saw.

Io and Candice continuing despite Io beating her decisively. What the fuck is this main roster FEUD MUST CONTINUE shit?

Only things of real interest are Dream, Io's new personality, and Rhea finally getting some shine at Full Sail. Rhea vs. Shayna wouldn't be a good match but at least she's a lot more charismatic and interesting than Mia is. Anyway, I don't care who it is, JUST FUCKING GET THAT TITLE THE FUCK OFF SHAYNA ALREADY.

Between NXT and AEW it's looking lopsided for AEW right now. Really a no contest as to which is the more intriguing watch right now.

·
Registered
24,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I keep seeing the comments of why didn’t TUE just win the belts in Toronto?

.....Is it really that big of a deal? Like, TUE are already established, it really doesn’t matter where and when they win the belts. And like I said, Cole was dead after his main event, so you don’t get a proper moment with all of them holding their belts in celebratory fashion. So in that sense it doesn’t help the image of them winning all the gold, especially if Roddy wasn’t going to win.

So I don’t really think it hurts to do a TV title change every once in awhile to make TV show feel more special.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Fun fact: The NXT Womens title is the only NXT title that has never changed hands during a tv taping, even the North American title, who is less than 2 years old, has changed hands during a tv taping

Reactions: jacobrgroman

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
I keep seeing the comments of why didn’t TUE just win the belts in Toronto?

.....Is it really that big of a deal? Like, TUE are already established, it really doesn’t matter where and when they win the belts. And like I said, Cole was dead after his main event, so you don’t get a proper moment with all of them holding their belts in celebratory fashion. So in that sense it doesn’t help the image of them winning all the gold, especially if Roddy wasn’t going to win.

So I don’t really think it hurts to do a TV title change every once in awhile to make TV show feel more special.
Yeah, because they choked on the biggest stage and now it feels like also-ran. If you're going to put all the titles on them, then fucking do it so we can build to the titles coming off them instead of dithering about. All this delay is doing is undercutting their effectiveness.

This Undisputed Era shit has already gotten played out but at least just go all in on it if that's what you're gonna do.

That's why I wouldn't be entirely mind it if Roddy takes the NA title from Dream. That way you can build him up to dethrone Cole. Dream's the real deal. It's time for him to be the top champion.

·
Registered
24,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Yeah, because they choked on the biggest stage and now it feels like also-ran. If you're going to put all the titles on them, then fucking do it so we can build to the titles coming off them instead of dithering about. All this delay is doing is undercutting their effectiveness.

This Undisputed Era shit has already gotten played out but at least just go all in on it if that's what you're gonna do.

That's why I wouldn't be entirely mind it if Roddy takes the NA title from Dream. That way you can build him up to dethrone Cole. Dream's the real deal. It's time for him to be the top champion.
Losing one match is choking? Compared to how many matches they’ve won in the past and how long they’ve been in the title scene, not really. They lost a match, one where the Profits pinned the illegal guy. That’s not choking, even if you take out the illegal man storyline.

This want like when Cole fought Gargano at Takeover 25. That was must win for Cole. Here? You have wriggle room. And again, there’s really no point to the, winning the belts if Roddy isn’t winning the belt on the same night and if they can’t properly celebrate with Cole at the end of the night.

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts

Complain, complain, complain. Why can't people just enjoy the shows as if complaining will do anything? Seriously.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Predictability =/= bad, always. Cole is the NXT champion now. That's why I said it is to re-establish O'Reilly and Fish as tag champions in this go around.

If you're going to make Undisputed Era your top acts of NXT, then you need to establish them as a unit of superstars, not just Cole's personal security.
It would probably be less predictable if you didn't read spoilers, just saying..

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,344 Posts
Sucks to see it's not getting better anytime soon. They are clueless right now and it shows. Last year wasn't perfect by any means, but even just last year they were leaps and bounds ahead of where they are right now. They better fix this shit at some point. Between the men's titles and Shayna STILL being Champion, this brand :mj4.

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts
Sucks to see it's not getting better anytime soon. They are clueless right now and it shows. Last year wasn't perfect by any means, but even just last year they were leaps and bounds ahead of where they are right now. They better fix this shit at some point. Between the men's titles and Shayna STILL being Champion, this brand :mj4
Um...how?

101 - 120 of 159 Posts