Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
So they give that independent wrestling geek ACH a tournament win and a NXT Championship match fpalm

Then they give Cameron Grimes(Trevor Lee) who is a far better talent a loss in the finals, now he gets a shit gimmick where he looks like something from Alice in Wonderland combined with Lord of the Rings fpalm

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,706 Posts
So is Rhea officially face now? weird that she has 2 ongoing feuds now from 2 different brands. Piper and Shayna.

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts
So they give that independent wrestling geek ACH a tournament win and a NXT Championship match fpalm

Then they give Cameron Grimes(Trevor Lee) who is a far better talent a loss in the finals, now he gets a shit gimmick where he looks like something from Alice in Wonderland combined with Lord of the Rings fpalm
Grimes doesn't interest me. Myles is a lot more interesting to me.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,036 Posts
My god NXT looks awful for however long these tapings last, only interesting thing is Rhea being the one stepping up to Shayna
Cole/ACH will be a banger for sure.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
That's literally what every champion since Finn Balor has done though.
That's the problem. Every champion up to this point doesn't have anything that distinguishes them from the rest. For Adam Cole, he has the Undisputed Era and they could really do more with him than what they actually are.

Look, I think Cole could be a good (even great) champion if Hunter actually cared enough to present him as an exceptional champion. With the UE or not, Cole was always going to be a successful champion. Cole comes off as a multi-dimensional star compared to the rest because of the way he is presented. If the UE split, who cares? Cole will still be successful and looked at as a credible main eventer unlike the other geeks (again, presentation).

I want them to do more with Cole because I know they can and should. He's been a better champion to me than Gargano for sure but I don't want them to miss the boat on making his reign just like every other NXT champion. Make it matter more.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,036 Posts
That's the problem. Every champion up to this point doesn't have anything that distinguishes them from the rest. For Adam Cole, he has the Undisputed Era and they could really do more with him than what they actually are.

Look, I think Cole could be a good (even great) champion if Hunter actually cared enough to present him as an exceptional champion. With the UE or not, Cole was always going to be a successful champion. Cole comes off as a multi-dimensional star compared to the rest because of the way he is presented. If the UE split, who cares? Cole will still be successful and looked at as a credible main eventer unlike the other geeks (again, presentation).

I want them to do more with Cole because I know they can and should. He's been a better champion to me than Gargano for sure but I don't want them to miss the boat on making his reign just like every other NXT champion. Make it matter more.
I 100% agree with everything you said. They've definitely teased some of the good character work Cole can produce with the Baybay Championship tour visiting Gargano's pizzeria & wrestling school but like you said it's ultimately up to Hunter on whether or not they display Cole as good as he is.

Reactions: LIL' WINNING FOOT

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
The Undisputed Era apparently defeated Street Profits for the tag titles.
:Wat?

So...you couldn't do that at Takeover: Toronto? Street Profits are basically called up anyways. Why not do the change there? Goes to show how inconsequential that show really was.

Makes no sense.

81 - 100 of 159 Posts