Wrestling Forum banner

NXT 6 idea?

2885 19
Right now most of the guys, and women on the current seasons there have been none of have been active on either roster as a mainstay. Should the next season be possible "re-hires" looking to come back to the WWE? Instead of getting a title shot, they get a 3 month contract with either show they want. Instead of just finding out who there pro would be there should be a lottery with names drawn by the "re-hires". I think it would be a solid way to reintroduce former wrestlers of the company. Possibly someone like Paul Burchill, Steve Lewington (DJ Gabriel), Monty Brown (Alpha Male), or even Eric Escobar.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Right now most of the guys, and women on the current seasons there have been none of have been active on either roster as a mainstay. Should the next season be possible "re-hires" looking to come back to the WWE?
Bad idea. they were fired for a reason.

Instead of getting a title shot, they get a 3 month contract with either show they want.
and what would be the point of that? They failed once, why pay for them to fail again in a situation set up to fail?

Instead of just finding out who there pro would be there should be a lottery with names drawn by the "re-hires".
which sounds stupid. They already have no clue who they're getting. Why introduce randomness to accomplish what they already don't know?

I think it would be a solid way to reintroduce former wrestlers of the company.
Why bother? If they were worth keeping they'd still have a job at WWE.

Possibly someone like Paul Burchill
Couldn't get over if they put him in a hot air baloon

Steve Lewington (DJ Gabriel)
Awful

Monty Brown (Alpha Male)
YOu mean Marcus Cor Von (we're talking about WWE) and he's done with wrestling on account of having to look after his family.

or even Eric Escobar.
Awful.

There are few wrestlers worth bringing back and they'd be much more expensive than picking guys from FCW who, ya know already have WWE contracts.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
Right now most of the guys, and women on the current seasons there have been none of have been active on either roster as a mainstay. Should the next season be possible "re-hires" looking to come back to the WWE? Instead of getting a title shot, they get a 3 month contract with either show they want. Instead of just finding out who there pro would be there should be a lottery with names drawn by the "re-hires". I think it would be a solid way to reintroduce former wrestlers of the company. Possibly someone like Paul Burchill, Steve Lewington (DJ Gabriel), Monty Brown (Alpha Male), or even Eric Escobar.
I would've liked this to happen but for Daniel Bryan being a pro this time around. I would've brought in 6 ex-WWE Superstars as rookies and given them former NXT rookies (those who'd made it onto tv) as pros. This would be a way of covering my ass; if the ex WWE uys failed yet again then it would only reinforce the decision to let them go in the first place, if they out-shone the former rookies then I'd have lost nothing, after all, would it matter who looked better out of Burchill or Hennig?

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,099 Posts
why dont they have a season with guys who fell short the first time Eli Cottonwood, Darren Young, Lucky Cannon, and other guys eliminated from this season
Because there's a reason they got eliminated and fell from the main roster, they weren't good enough. Would you really watch a full season of the worst from every other season?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I remember having this conversation over the summer on this board about this idea. It was like The Ultimate Fighter Comeback Series. Now that I think of it, I think NXT ran its course.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Aren't we only on NXT 4 so your idea is meant to be for NXT 5

That would be good but FCW is for guys who are still developing so if they put it on TV we would have bland wrestlers, botches everywere and horrible promos.
And if they're doing FCW as it is now (i.e. filmed in the FCW arena with the same cameramen) it'll look cheap and nasty compared to the other WWE shows.

·
Registered
297 Posts
love the idear there are so many wrestlers witch wwe have let go who should come back

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
...good lord, NXT is going to be going on for that long???

Where the fuck is my gun at...

·
Banned
388 Posts
They really need a fresh take on the NXT concept, what they are doing now is wearing thin.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.