Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
After watching tonight's episode and seeing the steel cage match announced I saw the writing on the wall. But now Io loses and turns heel like a crybaby while Shayna escapes? :lmao :lmao :lmao

All so they can set up Mia fucking Yim, who no one is interested in seeing in a title match, to challenge for the title? :lmao :lmao :lmao

Congratulations, Triple H. You threw out Io's one chance at salvation and buried her anyway, all so you can either keep Shayna's reign going AGAIN in Toronto or, only slightly better, have this shit show finally end in the absolutely least exciting manner possible. Well done! :thumbsup

Meanwhile, I can't even figure out what's going on with the men, either. I thought Cole winning would change things for the better but so far, it doesn't look like it.

I'll take a look at tomorrow's tapings but I'm about to drop NXT of all things now. Holy shit what is going on this year?

See you for Wednesday Night Dynamite. ;)

Right now I'm guessing we're getting:

-Cole vs Riddle
-Street Profits vs Lorcan/Burch vs Forgotten Sons?
-Shayna vs Mia Yim
-Finals of the Breakout Tournament
-Velveteen Dream vs Roderick Strong

I thought it was the June Takeover that was filler and the August Takeover was the marquee event.

·
Custom User Title
6,382 Posts
I'm taking a look at the bigger picture here. With Io turning heel, it seems likely that Shayna is being called up soon. Bianca is completely damaged right now.

I feel like if Mia dethrones Shayna, then she's not holding that title past War Games. Because Mia has already beaten every other heel in the division outside of (now) Io.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
I see what you're saying, but if that was the plan, why set Io up to lose to Shayna in the first place and then turn her in the dumbest manner possible? Io should be a heel, I've been saying it for months, but it should have been on Kairi. Nope, gotta keep the title on that ogre instead.

Mia dethroning Shayna would be welcome in the sense that this fucking bullshit reign would finally be over, but it would end in the least exciting manner possible. At least have Candice do it because people are actually interested in her and it would have carried over to Io to make the turn feel less stupid.

And as for Cole vs. Riddle, it feels WAY too soon for that, unless Cole is getting called up too.

What the fuck is going on?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm legitimately floored at this.

You have IO as the FILLER challenger but MIA YIM as the one that's better positioned to take the title? Absurdly dumb enough on its own, but after what happened to Kairi, too?...
I read and interesting theory before the match happened. All of the Io and Kairi stuff went down the way it did because they blew up Boss n' Hug, they figured that this all ends up with Candice, I can kind of see it now.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,881 Posts
Hopefully Cole defends the title tomorrow night against the winner of the tv tournament.

As for the women, shame Io lost she's dead now. It seems clear that Mia is the next challenger but I can't see her winning even though Trips is really high on her. Or who knows, maybe Trips obsession with the gargano's isn't just with Johnny. Maybe he's setting up for Candice to win the title.

·
Custom User Title
6,382 Posts
I see what you're saying, but if that was the plan, why set Io up to lose to Shayna in the first place and then turn her in the dumbest manner possible? Io should be a heel, I've been saying it for months, but it should have been on Kairi. Nope, gotta keep the title on that ogre instead.

Mia dethroning Shayna would be welcome in the sense that this fucking bullshit reign would finally be over, but it would end in the least exciting manner possible. At least have Candice do it because people are actually interested in her and it would have carried over to Io to make the turn feel less stupid.

And as for Cole vs. Riddle, it feels WAY too soon for that, unless Cole is getting called up too.

Simple. You could spin it as Io deciding to listen to the fans instead of taking destiny into her own hands. Now she can make every moment about herself instead of worrying about what others think.

Also apparently Candice may have accidentally shut the door on Io (causing Shayna to spill out), causing her to lose. Not Io closing the door. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
People trying to make sense of the women's division in NXT lol. Wouldn't surprise me if they just turned Io heel cause they are lacking decent heels once Shayna leaves, and they need to build up some. And that they need to move her away from Shayna and keep her busy for a few months. I doubt it lead to her winning the title or anything.

The fact Io never got revenge for Kairi and looked a fool in the process won't help her in the long run. I have no faith HHH will do anything good with her. Just cause NXT has good takeover's and great matches, don't let that hide it's poor booking and storytelling.

At least with AEW they will book their Joshi star's to actually look like stars.

·
T.P.A.B
16,094 Posts
I notice this goes the same way all the time for a while now. People go ape shit over Shayna winning, forgotten sons just being on the show at all is "bad booking" and then a few other random over reactions that has to do with your favorite wrestler and talk about NXT is going downhill just for it to end up coming off better on T.V and build ends up being solid overall for the takeovers and the takeovers always end up being at least great lol. This formula has yet to fail.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,361 Posts
I don't understand the point of Io losing yet again. She already had enough motivation to turn heel after the previous two losses. It's like Triple H thinks he has to compensate for Asuka's dominance by making the next joshi wrestlers fail a bunch of times.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
People trying to make sense of the women's division in NXT lol. Wouldn't surprise me if they just turned Io heel cause they are lacking decent heels once Shayna leaves, and they need to build up some. And that they need to move her away from Shayna and keep her busy for a few months. I doubt it lead to her winning the title or anything.

The fact Io never got revenge for Kairi and looked a fool in the process won't help her in the long run. I have no faith HHH will do anything good with her. Just cause NXT has good takeover's and great matches, don't let that hide it's poor booking and storytelling.

At least with AEW they will book their Joshi star's to actually look like stars.
Which was my entire point as to why HHH wouldn't be the answer once he takes the company over. Thank you. :clap

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Simple. You could spin it as Io deciding to listen to the fans instead of taking destiny into her own hands. Now she can make every moment about herself instead of worrying about what others think.

Also apparently Candice may have accidentally shut the door on Io (causing Shayna to spill out), causing her to lose. Not Io closing the door. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
I love the deluded faith you have that you keep spinning for yourself lol. You have more faith in HHH's booking then most of us do. I see it leading to nothing, maybe a feud with Candice on TV when they trade 50/50 booking. She fade from TV for a while. Then come back when HHH spunk fest about Shayna is over with and finds out he's lacking decent heels and gives her a useless push and she might or might not win the title. At that point it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts

At this point it really doesn't matter. It was idiotic to put her against Shayna and make her watch what happened to Kairi in the first place. I'm done giving them the benefit of the doubt. Didn't want to say that for NXT but that's where we are.

Accident or no, this was the dumbest heel turn they could have done, even worse considering she was actually getting over.

I have very little interest in watching what happens so, meh.

Maybe they’re holding out for Dakota Kai to return from injury, and she’ll finally get her Takeover match and beat Shayna for the title? They have to be keeping it on her for some reason. Right!?
Dakota ain't winning shit.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,945 Posts

Yep. Even the men's division is looking completely uninteresting right now. Am I really supposed to care about a bunch of people who have never been on TV before having a tournament? It's not even a jobber tournament. At least jobbers get some air time. Cole has no one to defend the title against. He won the title two weeks ago and hasn't even been on NXT TV yet to at least cut a promo or SOMETHING. Even the midcard has nothing going on right now. Tag division is a bore and no one cares about the Forgotten Sons. Slightly more people care about the Street Profits. The Women's division is a disaster. I'm actually kinda glad Johnny lost the title. This product is crashing more than it ever has before.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Which was my entire point as to why HHH wouldn't be the answer once he takes the company over. Thank you. :clap
Besides the Gargano/Ciampa feud, which writes itself and anyone that's not Vince could join the dots and make into a top feud. Name me any great feud he's done that's been top notch storytelling. Yes the Takeover's are awesome but let's be honest as long as you give the talent the time and let them do their thing they will produce top matches. Give the same time to Bryan,Styles, Rollins, Balor, Mysterio and they be having top matches too.

Look at his booking of the women's division in NXT, it's shambolic and his booking of the men's division besides Gargano/Ciampa hasn't been great.

He has interesting ideas, but he's not going to be the savior for WWE like some think he will.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Io FAILS to avenge Kairi or redeem herself for costing Kari her last shot, loses to Shayne repeatedly and looks like a goober in the process, pathetic. Hunter's Shayne obsession has choked the life out of the division.

And then Interns heel because she lost like a crybaby. And while I like Mia, Io fucking Shiraz should not be jobbed out to set up a Mia Yom feud, she's not ready.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Triple H feels like he's lost his touch with NXT in the past year or so. Shayna's boring run and the Gargano/Ciampa feud lasting way too long signaled that.

This isn't the NXT of the four horsewomen and the originals anymore, or even of the NXT 6 from last year, let's just put it that way.

Dream, and only Dream, feels like he's must-see right now, but I'm not even sure what's going on with him.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
We still don't know that, someone has to job to Brandi :grin2:
I don't see her taking up most of the spotlight like some think. Do I think she have a heel run as champ when they get the women's title, for sure. But I don't think it be as bad as some think. She seems smart enough not to overstay her welcome. But it probably happen lol

Omega seems very protective over the Joshi division so I doubt he let that happen like HHH is.

101 - 120 of 284 Posts