Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 284 Posts

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
MC would as well :harper

Fuck it, let her have a Bruno reign. NXT is burning, and if you and others want to accuse her of lighting the match, than you can "suffer" through it.
Oh god, please no.

Bit more details on the Io heel turn last night, from the WON:

- Io lost because when she slammed the steel door into Shayna, she (Shayna) fell OVER Io, and tumbled to the outside, unconscious. Before that point, Io was caught in the Kirifuda.

- Afterwards, Candice LeRae tried to console Io.

- Io blamed Candice for the loss, since she kept getting involved in the match.

- Io decked Candice with some punches and an uppercut.

- Io looked remorseful after those punches and was acting like she was leaving, just to come back with a steel chair and hit Candice with half a dozen shots. Crowd started booing Io after that.

- Io finished the segment with a vertical suplex onto the chair and left the ring.

- Afterwards, the medical team, referees, and William Regal all came running down to the ring to check on Candice, who had to be helped to the back. Regal was apparently furious.
:mj4 That sounds even worse than initially reported. What a sore geek.

I may have to, unfortunately, watch this episode just to see how bad it comes off.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Basically they hired several of the best female wrestlers around the world, just to feed them to Shayna due to HHH became a junkie for the MMA Horsewomen.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
That seems to be what Dave is thinking. He thinks Mia Yim's push as of late is potentially leading to her dethroning Shayna for the title.

And I can see where he's coming from. Mia Yim being signed was the big happy story for the MYC 2 (even if she didn't win). So putting the title on her for the MYC 3 makes sense.

I mean they did the same for Kairi last year. She won the NXT Women's Title (and held it through the entire MYC 2) probably just because WWE wanted to show the MYC wasn't a waste of time/resources.

Now as for what happens to Mia after that? Who knows. I feel like Mia will probably end up dropping at the very next Takeover (War Games) to Io. WWE will have gotten their happy moment out of it by that point, and there's a pretty big issue of Mia having already ran through every heel in the division outside of Shirai.

And yes, I do see Candice/Shirai feuding at some point, but I don't expect Candice to actually get revenge until its time for Io to be called up, probably post WM.
Them doing the whole "Io accidentally screws Kairi in her final match, and then Shayna and co make her watch as they brutalize her best friend and run her out of NXT "was really fucking stupid and pointless if Io WASN'T going to be the one to dethrone Shayna. Triple H, stop making your babyfaces look stupid and pathetic to indulge your MMA fetish, jeez.

Also Dakota, Nikki Cross, Kairi, Bianca, and Io couldn't dethrone Shayna, but freaking Mia (who's lost clean to her multiple times already) is? No just no.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,636 Posts
Unrelated, but I guess there are not any plans of the IIconics appearing on NXT any time soon, given the mess that the division it is right now. Although, seeing HHH MMA boner is in full force, I wouldn't be completely surprised if they make Marina/Jessamyn beat the IIconics for the titles :lauren. That would actually make people miss the IIconics as champions :lol

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,372 Posts
Unrelated, but I guess there are not any plans of the IIconics appearing on NXT any time soon, given the mess that the division it is right now. Although, seeing HHH MMA boner is in full force, I wouldn't be completely surprised if they make Marina/Jessamyn beat the IIconics for the titles :lauren. That would actually make people miss the IIconics as champions :lol
If that happens it is your fault for posting this!

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,945 Posts
Shayna is the most cancerous thing in WWE these days. Her booking is absolute trash and has legit destroyed an entire division. She makes the bad Gargano/Ciampa booking look like little league in comparison. Like I always say, what goes around, comes around. :lmao I LOVE IT.

:ha :ha :ha :dance :dance :dance

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Shayna is the most cancerous thing in WWE these days. Her booking is absolute trash and has legit destroyed an entire division. She makes the bad Gargano/Ciampa booking look like little league in comparison. Like I always say, what goes around, comes around. :lmao I LOVE IT.

:ha :ha :ha :dance :dance :dance
I think Shayna is a talent, but no excuse for the way she's booked really. It's just totally gutted the women's division. No one but staunch Shayna fan's or "HHH's is the Savior of WWE" fan's who back his booking no matter what will go to bat for it.

Scary to think that HHH think's this is great what he's doing. I'm waiting for him to screw up this Io heel turn lol. He's got the best women's wrestler in the world and has done more damage to her then ROH did to Mayu lol.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Cole/Riddle sounds really good match wise, though it feels WAY too early. Riddle is the guy that's best positioned to dethrone Cole. So either that main roster chatter Meltzer talked about is coming true or NXT will have wasted Cole's best challenger before his reign matured. Or Cole will just pull a Sasha Banks/Johnny Gargano and choke in his first defense. Not too great as far as story goes.

Mia/Shayna and Profits/Sons sound positively awful. That is far from "going all out."

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I don't get how you have two of the most talented wrestlers in the world, male or female, and you manage to screw them up this badly back to back, that shouldn't be possible?

·
Registered
23,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Wonder if we see Gargano tonight. Was weird that he wasn't on the tapings last night, but you don't really know what's going on until the show airs where they fill in the gap with backstage stuff.

Dream vs. Roddy seems like a lock for Takeover, and I wonder where Riddle falls into all this as well. Plus there's the Breakout tournament that I'm really interested in.

And though I don't care to see Shayna with her cronies anymore, I want to see how heel Io does after people have hyped it up in the past.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
She's a mucking loser who choke in two big title matches. "Baddies in NXT" yeah don't make me laugh.

People defended Kairi getting her ass kicked and being run out of NXT by going "well clearly Io will avenge her by taking down Shayna." Yeah nope, they made Io an even bigger loser than Kairi was.

People said Io tapping at the last Takeover was no big deal because she is gonna win next Takeover. and now she's not even making it to Takeover because Mia Yim is apparently more worthy of that then Io.

Giving WWE too much credit again we were it would seem. A midcard feud with Candice changes nothing about this.

181 - 200 of 284 Posts