Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
23,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight and tomorrow, NXT will be holding a round of TV tapings. And given that Takeover is in early August this year and we're already in early June, it's very likely we will know the bulk of the Takeover card coming out of tonight and tomorrow. So I would thought I would make a thread to discuss and cover both nights.

So we should see what all NXT has in store for guys like Cole, Gargano, Riddle, Dream, Shayna, Io and others going into Takeover Toronto before the week is over.

Discuss.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,976 Posts
Expecting a build up to Cole vs. Gargano v. Riddle.

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
Fandango rumored for the tapings. He's said in the past he wants to show a more serious side - even if he remains Fandango. With Breeze sent back - do they re-team and go after the tags or split and maybe feud? Allow one or both to get past their lowcard gimmicks.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Diamante (iMPACT) and Tasha Steele are at Full Sail. Maybe MYC competitors or just jobbing to Shayna or Io tonight.

It's usually the last taping before the August Takeover, where they do qualifying matches for the MYC. So if that's the case this year, I think it's tomorrow's taping that they'll do the MYC qualifying matches for. My guess is that they'll be fed to Io/Shayna or possibly even Mia/Bianca.

·
Custom User Title
6,446 Posts
I wouldn't be shocked if the MYC qualifiers are held in August this year. The MYC itself is being taped in mid September this year.

·
Registered
23,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the biggest question mark is what they do with Dream.

Cole and Gargano aren't done with each other. Shayna and Io need to go to an
Extreme Rules match. I imagine TUE will challenge the Profits.

So what does Dream do? Riddle? Or does Riddle go after Cole? Maybe Roddy, or Kushida, or someone else.

Also interested to see if Damien Priest debuts here.

·
Custom User Title
6,446 Posts

Bit of an early spoiler. Rest probably won't start coming in for another 30 minutes or so. And yeah, tonight will be very telling in regards to Io's future in particular. If she gets a title match at the tapings (tonight or tomorrow), she's gonna lose.

On the flipside, Mia Yim vs Shayna Baszler isn't Takeover worthy, and neither is Candice LeRae vs Shayna Baszler.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Io should have just won at the last Takeover, it would have made more sense. Best case scenario now, she takes out Shayna's friends and then decisively beats Shayne at Takeover: Toronto.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts