Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://nodq.com/wwe/299438765.shtml

Plans for NXT 5 are for the season to consist of superstars and there WWE legend fathers.

As the report suggests, this would see the likes of Brett DiBiase and DiBiase snr, Richie and Ricky Steamboat, Bo and Mike Rotundo.

Others in FCW who they could use are Wes Brisco son of Gerald Brisco. Roman Leakee son of Sika from the Wild Samoans. Donny Marlow son of Haku and maybe bung Tito Colon in there and use his Uncle Carlos Colon (if he would be able to come and work it).

What does everyone think of this idea. Season would have some good workers in it, but whether any would stand out with mic skills and charisma is the question. From what i have seen of FCW prbably the best on the mic and has the most charisma is Donny Marlow, but the two main guys i think WWE would be investing alot into to the win the season would be Brett or Richie. Richie more so than Brett.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Brett DiBiase (from what I've seen) is far more entertaining on the mic than Ted. Richie is a great worker, I don't know about his mic skills. I think Roman Leakee and Marlow are way too green for FCW, but you never know. Wes Brisco is pretty damn good. Bo Rotunda is decent. I'd be surprised if they go with this though. Hell they wouldn't even like Husky Harris keep the Rotunda last name. Personally here's what I would do for season 5.

Tyler Black
Mistico (if he really signed, if not Hunico)
Alex Koslov
Tito Colon
Xavier Woods
Brett DiBiase

·
Registered
140 Posts
http://nodq.com/wwe/299438765.shtml

Plans for NXT 5 are for the season to consist of superstars and there WWE legend fathers.

As the report suggests, this would see the likes of Brett DiBiase and DiBiase snr, Richie and Ricky Steamboat, Bo and Mike Rotundo.

Others in FCW who they could use are Wes Brisco son of Gerald Brisco. Roman Leakee son of Sika from the Wild Samoans. Donny Marlow son of Haku and maybe bung Tito Colon in there and use his Uncle Carlos Colon (if he would be able to come and work it).

What does everyone think of this idea. Season would have some good workers in it, but whether any would stand out with mic skills and charisma is the question. From what i have seen of FCW prbably the best on the mic and has the most charisma is Donny Marlow, but the two main guys i think WWE would be investing alot into to the win the season would be Brett or Richie. Richie more so than Brett.
I just read this on a site, I thought of this idea back before season 4. If they did this they would have pretty good group of wrestlers

Rookies & Legends
Bo Rotunda - Mike Rotunda aka I.R.S.
Brett DiBiase - Ted DiBiase Sr.
Buck Dixon - Mark Canterbury aka Henry O. Godwin
Donny Marlow - Haku aka Meng
Tito Colon - Carlos Colon
Richie Steamboat - Ricky Steamboat
Wes Brisco - Jack Or Gerald Brisco
Roman Leaklee - Sika the Wild Samoan

but I rather see Rollins, Woods, & Orlov on SSN5

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i never realised Buck was Godwins son...Never seen much of him to know how good he is though.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Brett DiBiase (from what I've seen) is far more entertaining on the mic than Ted. Richie is a great worker, I don't know about his mic skills. I think Roman Leakee and Marlow are way too green for FCW, but you never know. Wes Brisco is pretty damn good. Bo Rotunda is decent. I'd be surprised if they go with this though. Hell they wouldn't even like Husky Harris keep the Rotunda last name. Personally here's what I would do for season 5.

Tyler Black
Alex Koslov
Tito Colon
Xavier Woods
Brett DiBiase
Id prefer to see Rollins and Mistico come in without going on nxt , if the cast of nxt is too strong then alot of them will be wasted . you have to put a few guys in who are there solely to be eliminated .

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I figuered the would be ending this since tough enough is back and really nobody has cared about truly since season 1 finished.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
And who is going to wrestle in the show? I mean I don't mind seeing these rookies go at it but you have to have some Pros that can go in the ring as well.
This

I think the dirt sheet that possibly made this up did not think about who the rookies will face.

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts
Problem with that idea is that some legends can still work a match, some can barely work, and some just have trouble getting in the ring. I'm sure none of the legends would lay down either. So, if you do that, you wouldn't be able to let the legends really work with the rookies. Then you are depending on just the rookies to put on matches. That hurts the show, and doesn't let the rookies show what they can do with pros.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,743 Posts
I would watch anything with Ted Dibiase Senior .

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It'd be cool to see a rookie-pro type thing where the rookies are 2nd or 3rd generation guys.

New Legacy after the season is done lol.

Dont get why people want a NXT season where 80% of the guys are gonna be tough to eliminate. We don't want to see someone in NXT just for like a month then lose on the show just so the show is slightly better. Might as well save them for some sort of big debut or something depending on who it is(ex- wouldn't people be happier now with Mason Ryan debuting with Nexus over him just randomly being on NXT and probably losing since he wouldn't be saying "go (home city) go" or something like that every week)

But another season of NXT? Isn't WWE doing tough enough? This season of NXT will end by end of the month So in march NXT5 starts and will go until june.

5 shows is way too much, especially for a company who can't seem to write a 90 minute show(though majority of it they don't need to write) despite having a week to do so.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts

Tyler Black
Alex Koslov
Tito Colon
Xavier Woods
Brett DiBiase
Why would you have so many top guys on the show?

The only "standout" guys on the show should be Dibiase (he's been in FCW for a long time) and maybe Mistico because of age

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This

I think the dirt sheet that possibly made this up did not think about who the rookies will face.
They can face each other, just like they normally do...

The show shouldnt be about the pros wrestling in the first place...Rookies should just wrestle each other and team with each other instead of their pros.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I'm 50/50 on this idea. These older stars can't do much in the ring, and that just sucks. I think the WWE should stick with what they are doing currently. Keep some guys who have done other shows in the past on like The Miz, or even Morrison, and perhaps even Ziggler again. Miz being the Belichick of NXT is a great way to form depth to his character. Wouldn't mind seeing stars like Nash, Booker, or even DDP working with these young stars. Being as many of those men sign WWE Legends contracts it would be something outside of wrestling in the ring all the time, and at the same keeping their characters alive, or relevant.

Nash- Jackson Andrews.
Booker T- Wes Brisco
DDP- Richie Steamboat
Cody Rhodes- Brett DiBiase
The Miz- Seth Rollins(Tyler Black)
John Morrison- Kevin Hackman

Nash working with Andrews is obvious for many reasons. One 7ft monster working with another 7ft monster. It would be great for Andrews as Kevin knows this business very well. Jackson could learn a ton from Nash.

Booker T, and Wes Brisco were just a random pick. Booker's character can mesh with anyone. At first I thought that Jackson Andrews should be paired with Booker since he discovered Jackson Andrews, and had him wrestle for him in Texas. Brisco has a strong character, and I think these two would make sense.

Page working with Richie Steamboat makes some sense as well. I'm certain that DDP has worked plenty of matches with Richie's father. DDP seems like he would be a great motivator for anyone (except Christian).

Rhodes, and Brett I like because of the history between Cody, and Teddy Jr. Just think these two could have interesting relationship on the show in terms of wrestling story-lines. Perhaps a reunion for Priceless?

Anyone who thinks that The Miz working with Rollins would be a bad idea has their head up their ass. The Miz as Tyler's "pro" would be awesome. It would be the perfect answer to getting Black over with the WWE Universe.

Honestly I think Morrison, and Hackman would be great as well. It just seems that these two would clash so well. Hackman seems like the guy who wakes up in the morning, drinks a beer, puts on his Wranglers, buckles up the boots, and rides his Red Ford Pickup right to the local bar. I could see him looking at Morrison as if he were a joke of a man. Thus, setting up Morrison to pummel his ******* ass.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
What a great idea! Because the sons of all the WWE legends on WWE tv today are just so full of energy and charisma...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm 50/50 on this idea. These older stars can't do much in the ring, and that just sucks. I think the WWE should stick with what they are doing currently. Keep some guys who have done other shows in the past on like The Miz, or even Morrison, and perhaps even Ziggler again. Miz being the Belichick of NXT is a great way to form depth to his character. Wouldn't mind seeing stars like Nash, Booker, or even DDP working with these young stars. Being as many of those men sign WWE Legends contracts it would be something outside of wrestling in the ring all the time, and at the same keeping their characters alive, or relevant.

Nash- Jackson Andrews.
Booker T- Wes Brisco
DDP- Richie Steamboat
Cody Rhodes- Brett DiBiase
The Miz- Seth Rollins(Tyler Black)
John Morrison- Kevin Hackman

Nash working with Andrews is obvious for many reasons. One 7ft monster working with another 7ft monster. It would be great for Andrews as Kevin knows this business very well. Jackson could learn a ton from Nash.

Booker T, and Wes Brisco were just a random pick. Booker's character can mesh with anyone. At first I thought that Jackson Andrews should be paired with Booker since he discovered Jackson Andrews, and had him wrestle for him in Texas. Brisco has a strong character, and I think these two would make sense.

Page working with Richie Steamboat makes some sense as well. I'm certain that DDP has worked plenty of matches with Richie's father. DDP seems like he would be a great motivator for anyone (except Christian).

Rhodes, and Brett I like because of the history between Cody, and Teddy Jr. Just think these two could have interesting relationship on the show in terms of wrestling story-lines. Perhaps a reunion for Priceless?

Anyone who thinks that The Miz working with Rollins would be a bad idea has their head up their ass. The Miz as Tyler's "pro" would be awesome. It would be the perfect answer to getting Black over with the WWE Universe.

Honestly I think Morrison, and Hackman would be great as well. It just seems that these two would clash so well. Hackman seems like the guy who wakes up in the morning, drinks a beer, puts on his Wranglers, buckles up the boots, and rides his Red Ford Pickup right to the local bar. I could see him looking at Morrison as if he were a joke of a man. Thus, setting up Morrison to pummel his ******* ass.
I like this idea as well, the rookies with legends.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts