Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure the majority of you have been enjoying the commentary team on NXT as much as I have (on the few occasions when I actually watch it), Michael Cole and Josh Matthews have been solid gold and CM Punk made a nice addition. But I'm beginning to think that this season could've used at least one woman on commentary, just to add some balance & female perspective; the show is focused around a group of women after all. I dunno, bring in Trish Stratus or something. Or Mae Young.

Would anyone else have liked to see this? (not necessarily Mae Young).

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Mae Young was like 80 years old 50 years ago, so no.

It's fine as it is, I don't think it would be taken more seriously anyway.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
The commentary is the biggest drawing point of it for me, if it wasn't for the trolling (or to an extent the sexy ladies) I wouldn't even consider watching it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree the commentary's great as is, I just think it would've been a good idea for the show to have a woman on the team.

YunisTaker, I never said it should specifically be Mae Young, she just popped into my head (uuuuugggghhhh.... I'll be feeling uncomfortable about that all day), your post is entirely irrelevant.

I've just been spending the day watching through season 3 of NXT, now I've gotten to the point where I want Kaitlyn and AJ on my tv all the time as a women's tag team. Like a far more cute and adorable (how does Kaitlyn pull off adorable? Am I the only one who thinks this?) version of LayCool. They seem to be having almost as much fun together as Cole and Matthews.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
nah, that would ruin the trolling factor, and mess up the perfect chemistry of Matthews/Striker. it's way too perfect the way it is, and honestly if the commentary became even slightly less interesting i'm sure i'd stop watching.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So how about the AJ & Kaitlyn idea?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Is Lita good on the stick?

·
Registered
357 Posts
So how about the AJ & Kaitlyn idea?
Can see that working, but they only really have Laycool as credible oponents.

Having a womens tag feud may resurrect the division but I don't think it warrants a belt like TNA.

I'm wondering if Nexus will pick anyone up? I see it as a rolling stable cherry picking NXT graduates

·
Registered
83 Posts
The commentary is hilarious
I honestly don't see how anyone with a sense of humour can hate Cole

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i love the commentary just like anyone else does, however there is one problem with it...it does take away from what is actually going on. same thing happened last week on raw when mathews was in for lawler. i liked the commentary, but commentary shouldn't be the focal point of the show and it shouldn't take away from what is going on in the ring etc... that being said, cole and mathews should call every show....even impact! lol

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
only just seen last week's episode, Goldust says "We're in Manchester, England" before Cole screams "CHEAP POP!", I absolutely love it :lmao

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
No doubt the commentary has been great, but back to the original question about a woman on commentary, you know, I kind of like this idea, but only if the woman were to be comical like Josh and Cole. However the only one that comes to my mind is Aksana, it'd be pretty awesome is she was eliminated tomorrow and came back as a heel commentator.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i love the commentary just like anyone else does, however there is one problem with it...it does take away from what is actually going on. same thing happened last week on raw when mathews was in for lawler. i liked the commentary, but commentary shouldn't be the focal point of the show and it shouldn't take away from what is going on in the ring etc... that being said, cole and mathews should call every show....even impact! lol

Yes, the commentary does detract from the show, but since the actual show is largely awful the commentary is the main thing that keeps me watching. I think they realise there's no way they can make NXT3 look good, so they may as well just have fun with it.

I've never really followed women's wrestling in WWE, so I have no idea who could be good on commentary. They don't really have to be funny, imo; I'd like it if there was a proud former Diva who tried to take it seriously, and got angry with Cole and Matthews for taking the piss all the time. She could eventually she wold have to give up and admit that the show was garbage :D

·
Standing with The Man
6,199 Posts
just ask matt, edge, and punk.
:lmao

I only watch this show for the Commentary and AJ :yum: Even Stiker as of late seems to be joining in with Cole and Matthews, always makes me laugh when Cole manages to distract Striker to laugh mid talking . The CM Punk Ep was the best by far imo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts