Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from nwo thought it was a good show and had a great time. Met santino after and got vids of everyone leaving thought there were some great matches. Anyway reason for th thread was thoughts on the crowd how did we come across? I saw myself on tv a couple times with had a big people power sign

·
Registered
76 Posts
I never post here. But I was at the show too and I thought as a crowd we did pretty well.

I like Ziggler but NJ was REALLY into him tonight. I was surprised that Sheamus got booed like that.

I really liked the "boring" chants during the Sin Cara, tag, and divas matches too. Those fights sucked.

The Yes chants on the otherhand were unreal.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
You guys were hot for the two world title matches. There were some spots that the crowd was dead though, including the main event (which I do not blame you for).

·
Zombo
8,768 Posts
I found it was quiet at times throughout the PPV, but given the matches on the card, I don't hold it against the crowd.

One match that I wished the crowd would've showed some love for was the Divas one. I'm not one to usually say this, but both girls worked their asses off trying to get the crowd into it and tell a story during the match... too bad we've been basically conditioned to ignore what the girls do.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,325 Posts
I got back a little while ago and thought the crowd was pretty good. For the Hunico/Sin Cara match I mostly just screamed, "HUUUUUUNICCCOOOO!" as loud as could at random times. Loved both world title matches and overall thought it was a decent show for what it was.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
I found it was quiet at times throughout the PPV, but given the matches on the card, I don't hold it against the crowd.

One match that I wished the crowd would've showed some love for was the Divas one. I'm not one to usually say this, but both girls worked their asses off trying to get the crowd into it and tell a story during the match... too bad we've been basically conditioned to ignore what the girls do.
tough to get out of your seat, or even remotely excited for a divas match when it consists of a spot that has Layla, the fucking CHAMPION, dancing around in Beth's tiara.

Sorry, but these women arent wrestling anymore. whatever theyre doing in the ring is a fucking sham.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just got back from nwo thought it was a good show and had a great time. Met santino after and got vids of everyone leaving thought there were some great matches. Anyway reason for th thread was thoughts on the crowd how did we come across? I saw myself on tv a couple times with had a big people power sign
I probably met you lmao I got there early and met lita,jtg etc and they stayed after and met santino,punk when he came out and ran to his bus quick,cena,sheamus,ziggler who drove off fast etc I was one of the last people to leave.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I missed the PPV. How was Jersey's reaction to Cena entering/winning?

EDIT: forget it. I apologize. Found answer on another thread. I'm so disappointed ;(
Don't worry there were plenty of "Cena Sucks" chants the crowd was even signing "John Cena Sucks" as he came out there were just alot of kids that were Cena fans in the first few rows.

Reactions: Choke2Death

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
One of the worst crowds ever. Sure, I love they were on fire during some of the matches but anyone who chant boring at a match no matter who is wrestling is a disrespectful so called wrestling fan.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,325 Posts
One of the worst crowds ever. Sure, I love they were on fire during some of the matches but anyone who chant boring at a match no matter who is wrestling is a disrespectful so called wrestling fan.
lol

the only justifiable response to this post.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
No, hot garbage deserves nothing but "Boring" chants. I wish Cena/Big Show's dud had gotten some of that too.

·
Premium Member
17,769 Posts
The stadium looked very clean, considering it was in NJ. hah! Philly FTW!

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I marked for the We Want Ryder chants. Forget what match it was during but it was awesome.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The stadium looked very clean, considering it was in NJ. hah! Philly FTW!
Updated: Phillies Fan Killed in Brawl; Charges Filed
Blog, Majors, News and Notes Briefs, NL Central, NL East no comments

Saturday’s 14-6 Phillies win over the St. Louis Cardinals was marred by a melee in the parking lot that had spilled over from McFadden’s at the ballpark. There was a bachelor party going on inside the restaurant, which is connected to the stadium, when the fight broke out and spilled into Parking Lot M at 7th St. and Pattison Avenue. The brawl involved at least 25 people, killing one and sending another to the hospital with serious wounds. The second group involved in the fight was a bus load of fans from Fishtown on a bar tour. The man killed in the brawl has been identified as 22-year-old David Sale, the brother of the bride-to-be. The second man taken to the hospital was attacked by the mob as he happened to walk through the parking lot. He was treated and released for non-life threatening injuries.

It has been reported through numerous media outlets that the fight started over some spilled beer. The bachelor party had previously been tossed from the stadium by security for getting out of control so they decided to go to McFadden’s, which has a separate entrance from the ballpark. The two groups were then tossed from the restaurant/bar too. Two men were taken into custody on Monday morning and a third is excpected to turn himself into police. The two men charged were 35-year-old Charles Bowers and 45-year-old James Groves. The third man has been identified as 28-year-old Francis Kirchner. All three men are from Philadelphia and were on the bus tour of bars in the city. The two men in custody have been charged with murder. It was reported that Sale was held down by two men while being punched and kicked repeatedly in the head and face. Even though there were roughly 25-30 involved in the fight the police rounded up around 60 people from the two groups for questioning after the incident.
http://javbaseball.com/phillies-fan-killed-in-brawl-during-game-outside-stadium/

Yeah, you guys are great. (Y)

·
Xbox is about to become the next water cooler.
495 Posts
Look man that "boring" chant crap is rude and annoying... Some of that stuff they are doing is for the kids. I think I think I heard them chants on at least over 50% of the matches....I swear the chants are being started by 1 guy..who goes to these PPVs..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts