Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NWA: RHG
National Wrestling Alliance: Respect, Honor & Glory

The date is February 1st 2002. Almost 1 year after the death of Professional Wrestling in many observer's eyes. Extreme Championship Wrestling had folded in late January. World Championship Wrestling was to be bout by Vince McMahon and his World Wrestling Federation. A year without any competition in a sport that strives on it, business-wise. Hundreds and hundreds of families touched economicaly by the downfall of all downfalls.

But one promotion had remained lurking in the background, waiting for its rightful time to step out of the shadows and make an hopeful comeback on the scene in professional wrestling. Jim Miller, Current NWA President and promoter of NWA East & Pro Wrestling eXpress, along with NWA Wildside Promoter Bill Berhens and NWA Florida Promoter Howard Brody have been secretly meeting on several occasions over the past couple of months and have been in contact with numerous high end contacts. And here today, at the Marriott in downtown Denver, Colorado, all three NWA Promoters with their aides, and, not to mention,a barrage or pro wrestling journalists from many print publications and radio shows have all made their way to Denver for what promises to be a special announcement for the world of wrestling as we know it.

((Mr. Bill Berhens))

"Welcome everyone, and thank you for coming in such huge numbers for this press conference. My name for those who aren't familiar with it is Bill Berhens and I represent the NWA Wildside promotion. Before I present to you the NWA President, I would like to ask the many reporters to wait until the announcement has taken place to start asking your questions and we will be taking your questions for as long as we can. So, without any further ado, let me introduce you to Mr. Jim Miller, President of the National Wrestling Alliance"

*LIGHT APPLAUSE*

((Mr. Jim Miller))

"Thank you Bill and thank you everyone for joining us here today. As National Wrestling Alliance President and, in trying to represent our sport to the best that we can through our great promotions all across the world, my partners and myself over the last couple of months have been looking and trying to expand the NWA to bring back a certain level competition in the world of professional wrestling, especially here in the United States. And I think that after today, you will all see that we've made great strides and that we've rebuilt a foundation that had been in shambles for far too long.

My first order of business is real simple. As of right now, the NWA is expanding its operations worldwide and as of tomorrow, the new head offices of the National Wrestling Alliance will call its home the great city of Charlotte, North Carolina. And in expanding a Wrestling Promotion with such rich history as the NWA, you need National Exposure. And, it is my pleasure to welcome to this table and podium two great new partners to the National Wrestling Alliance, Mr. James O. Robbins, CEO of Cox Communications in Atlanta and Mr. Ted Turner!"

*APPLAUSE*

((Miller))

"Welcome gentlemen. And, with that everyone, the National Wrestling Alliance is proud to announce a very viable partnership wtih Mr. Robbins' Cox Communications and with Mr. Turner's vast network of television stations and entertainment ressources, Mr. Turner, the floor is now yours."

((Mr. Ted Turner))

"Well thank you Jim. Professional wrestling has always been something very near and dear to me, and, even though over the past couple of years there has been some turmoil within my own company regarding professional wrestling's place on the many Turner networks, I think WCW's buy out was probably the best thing that could have happened for us here at Turner, for the sport of professional wrestling and its great fans. And, with that being said, it gives me great pleasure to announce that starting on Saturday March 30th and every week after that, live on TNT from Las Vegas' Hard Rock Café Hotel's The Joint, a nice venue we have been looking at, and which will be able to hold close to 1400 people, which is for us, on a weekly basis a tremendous investment if we are able to sell that venue out week in and week out and, not to say, we have the confidence in the product we will be pushing to do just that.

((Miller))

"Thank you Ted, this takes care of one of the major announcements we had to make here today, and, in coordination with that previous statement, we want to announce that starting tonight at midnight the official opening of a brand new NWA website, that will keep our fans updated on all the signings and live shows we will be running in direct partnership with all of the regional NWA promotions, and that website will be www.nwarespecthonorglory.com.

And concerning the talent that will be officialy signed to the NWA, I cannot here today give you any names, regrettably, but we are already in close contact, our scouts and us, with some pretty big names for here in the United States and overseas that, at first glance, seem pretty excited about this new project.

And, before we move on to the round of questions, there is one serious topic to discuss and that is the status of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Currently in the posession of Zero-1 wrestler Shinya Hashimoto. We have been in contact with Zero-1 officials in Japan, and with Mr. Hashimoto directly and, on common grounds and for the sake of this rebirth on our part, Mr. Hashimoto has agreed to relinquish and thus, render the NWA World Heavyweight Championship vacant. Over the next couple of days, we should receive the official documents from Mr. Hashimoto's lawyers and the prestigious belt will be brought back to the United States by Mr. Bill Behrens himself to assure the belt a safe travel back on US soil.

In the great tradition that is the National Wrestling Alliance, and, to really have this rebirth of the NWA mean anything whatsoever, the title will remain vacant and the next NWA World Heavyweight Champion will be crowned after a 32-men tournament takes place over the course of the next couple of months. All the tournament matches will be aired live on TNT's NWA Saturday Night and there is no doubt that once that tournament is over, the man that will hold the World's Championship high and proud will be the man that takes the NWA to new heights.

We cannot confirm just now where the tournament finals will take place and where for that matter, but, as the weeks go by, be assured that we will hold a wrestling card fit for such an event and many cities are on the table for that great night to be."

((Behrens))

"We want to thank everyone that joined us here today, and we will now answer your questions...."

And so, the National Wrestling Alliance is set to rise out of the ashes like a Phoenix. A Phoenix that carries with him the tradition of men such as Lou Thesz, Gene Kiniski, Pat O'Connor, Jack Brisco, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr., Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and so on and so forth. It is with great respect that men of this generation will step inside the squared circle in honor of those legends of professional wrestling, in search of their own piece of glory... and immortality in the annals of time, for this is the National Wrestling Alliance and this is Pro Wrestling.

·
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

WWW.NWARESPECTHONORGLORY.COM
FEBRUARY 18TH 2002

"A MESSAGE FROM THE VOICE OF EC... THE NWA?!"

"Hello wrestling fans. My name is Joey Styles. Yes, the former voice of Extreme Championship Wrestling. That, I guess, in many eyes and hearts, and mines as well, will never ever change even if it is still, more than one year later, one of the toughest thing I ever had to accept in my life.

But I guess that every great trial is followed by great triumph. And today I am proud to announce that yours truly will now be known as the voice of the National Wrestling Alliance. I must thank Mr. Jim Miller for that great opportunity, an opportunity that I wouldn't have even considered, in all honesty, last year. I had made amends with the professional wrestling business and I was moving on with my life in my new home of Atlanta, Georgia, working as a web sales agent and director of operations for the company that will remain unknown to you fans for personal reasons.

But like one of the greatest American stories ever told, The Godfather, no matter if you think you are out of it all, the business, and in that case, professional wrestling, it just brings you back in. I am awfully glad to be back in such an environment and after a two-day visit in Charlotte at the NWA Head Offices, I must say that, with your support, there is no denying that the NWA will be not only a viable alternative for wrestling fans worldwide, but, at a certain point and time, a direct competitor to Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Federation and, deep down inside, competition is what Vince would like to have for is business to flourish once more and to help the wrestling business reach new heights.

The team of Jim Miller, Bill Berhens and Howard Brody, along with their current working partners on the "outside world", Mr. Ted Turner and Mr. James O. Robbins have great plans for the NWA and every working within that system.

But, enough about me, because the real reason I am writing to you, is to let you wrestling fans know that as of today, some 17 days after the official announcements made by the NWA, the official competing roster is now available. So, without any further ado, here are the men and women who will represent the National Wrestling Alliance week in and week out."

MEN'S ROSTER

2 Cold Scorpio - Ace Steel - Justin Credible - Balls Mahoney - Bam Bam Bigelow - Barry Windham - Mike Barton - BG James - BJ Whitmer - Brian Adams - Bryan Clarke - Buff Bagwell - Caprice Coleman - Chad Collyer - Chilly Willy - Christian York - Christopher Daniels - Chris Candido - Chris Chetti - CW Anderson - Danny Doring - Dan Maff - Disco Inferno - Doug Williams - Eddie Guerrero - Elix Skipper - EZ Money - Fergal Devitt - Harry Smith - Homicide - Jack Evans - Sterling James Keenan - Jeff Jarrett - Jerry Lynn - Jody Fleisch - Joey Matthews - Joe E. Legend - Johnny Kashmere - Johnny Swinger - Julio Dinero - Juventud Guerrera - Low-Ki - Kazarian - Ken Shamrock - Kid Kash - La Parka - Michael Shane - Michael Modest - Monsta Mack - New Jack - Nigel McGuinness - Norman Smiley - Paul London - Rey Mysterio Jr. - Rick Steiner - Roadkill - Hawk - Animal - Ruckus - Sabu - Samoa Joe - Scoot Andrews - Scotty Anton - Scott Steiner - Shane Douglas - Nova - Simon Diamond - Sonjay Dutt - Sonny Siaki - Steve Corino - Sting - Super Crazy - Slyk Wagner Brown - Tatanka - TJ Wilson - Trent Acid - Vader - Vampiro

WOMEN'S ROSTER

Akira Hokuto - Amber O'Neal - April Hunter - Ayako Hamada - Belle Lovitz - Bobcat - Cheerleader Melissa - Tammy Sytch - Daffney - Hikaru - Kat La Noir - Lacey - LuFisto - Mariko Yoshida - Mickie James - Nattie Neidhart - Rain - Sakura Hirota - Francine - Simply Luscious - Yoshiko Tamura

INTERNATIONAL ROSTER*
(*Please note that these wrestlers have agreed to appear on a seldom basis throughout the years and this roster is subject to change over the course of the coming weeks, months and years)

Abismo Negro - Mr. Aguila - CIMA - Dick Togo - Dragon Kid - Dr. Wagner Jr. - Gedo - Great Muta - Hector Garza - Hiroshi Hase - Hiroyoshi Tenzan - Ikuto Hidaka - Jado - Jinsei Shinzaki - Jun Akiyama - Jushin Liger - Kaz Hayashi - Kensuke Sasaki - Kenta Kobayashi - Kenta Kobashi - Koji Kanemoto - Konnan - Masaaki Mochizuki - Masahiro Chono - Masato Tanaka - Masato Yoshino - Milano Collection AT - Minoru Tanaka - Mitsuharu Misawa - Naomichi Marafuji - Naruki Doi - Psicosis - Ryo Saito - Satoshi Kojima - Silver King - Susumu Yokosuka - Taiyo Kea - Takao Omori - Taka Michinoku - Tiger Mask IV - Toshiaki Kawada - Yuji Nagata

TOP PROSPECTS

Aaron Aguilera - AJ Styles - Allison Danger - Amazing Red - Angel Williams - Apple Miyuki - Austin Aries - Beth Phoenix - Brent Albright - Spanky - Bryan Danielson - Chris Hero - Chris Sabin - Claudio Castagnoli - CM Punk - Colt Cabana - Delirious - Eric Young - Jay Briscoe - JD Michaels - Joey Ryan - Mark Briscoe - Matt Cross - Matt Martel - Matt Sydal - Mercedes Martinez - ODB - Robert Roode - Roderick Strong - Sarah Stock - Sara Del Rey - Traci Brooks

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's a Huge Roster. It will give you a lot of filler room for when you need matches to fill in the gap, IE: non storyline related matches. Speaking of, are you going to develop some 'offscreen' rivalries/storylines before you go live?

Now we just have to sit and wait for your first show!

·
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

FEBRUARY 26TH 2002

"32-MEN WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT: THE PARTICIPANTS AND TOURNAMENT BRACKETS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!"

"Hi NWA fans, let me introduce myself, my name is Nigel Seay. And it is officialy today that I debut as this website's host for the National Wrestling Alliance. All my life growing up in a little town just west of Mobile in Alabama I have watched and watched nothing but professional wrestling through the good and bad times. And now, I am living a near dream as I get to be a part of the rebirth of the NWA. And here I am today to unveil the official tournament brackets for the 32-Men World Heavyweight Championship Tournament, set to start in a little bit more than a month for the first ever Saturday Night episode on TNT.

And before I give you the dirt, there is one major announcement to be made concerning that tournament. In spite of many rumblings through the wrestling world concerning the NWA taking the Championship Belt away from Shinya Hashimoto, the deal was settled on both parts agreably. And, in light of that, over the past couple of days, as the NWA match makers we hardly working on these tournament brackets, Japanese Officials phoned in at the NWA head office in Charlotte and suggested that maybe, one of their own could participate in that Tournament.

NWA President Jim Miller couldn't have agreed more and that man who will be travelling overseas for a 6-month stay is none other than former NWA World Heavyweight Title holder, the Great Muta (aka Keiji Mutoh). So, without any further ado, here are the Tournament Brackets!!"

GROUP A

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

GROUP B

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

GROUP C

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

GROUP D

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

·
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

FEBRUARY 29TH 2002

"PWI ONLINE INTERVIEWS NWA VICE-PRESIDENT AND NWA FLORIDA PROMOTER HOWARD BRODY"

FRANK KREWDA: Hello Howard, how's everything down in Florida?

HOWARD BRODY: Good, thank you.

FK: Let's not waste a minute here because, I can see it in your eyes, that glimmer of excitement, the National Wrestling Alliance has been garnering quite the anticipation towards its debut on TNT and the rebirth to a national level of that company, how is that huge change affected you personnaly?

HB: Well Frank, wrestling has been my whole life, following the Grahams down in Florida and, along with the Dusty Rhodes of this world, wrestling has always been a hot bed down in Florida. But, it's been about a good 4 months since Jim (Miller) and Bill (Berhens) approached me, as they need a third and final partner to start this immense project and, although we haven't been getting many hours of sleep lately, it's been all worth wile.

FK: Do you think Mr. Miller & Berhens are the men, along with yourself, to bring to the table a viable alternative for mainstream wrestling fans?

HB: Wrestling, I think, has always thrived on competition, especially on a national level and ever since the dawn of wrestling on Prime Time television. We are not out here to declare war on Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation. All we want, is to give the people, the wrestling fans, an alternative to the WWF and bring back some of the stars that have been out of the picture for more than a year now, and, most of them, still with a lot to give too.

FK: Is there anyone currently under contract with the NWA that you think is going to lead the NWA forward and be the company's flagship?

HB: We've been lucky enough, through hard negotiations and numerous phone calls and meetings to get our hands on some wrestlers like an Eddie Guerrero or Rey Mysterio Jr. that I think, can bring that credibility level to our product and, add names to that list like Jeff Jarrett, Shane Douglas, Sting, Vader and so on and so forth, I think anyone of those men could take the proverbial ball and just run with it if need be.

FK: Your website has a very interesting section about top prospects around the NWA Circuit, my question to you is, who do you see coming out of the "minor leagues" so to speak and making an impact on big stage in the months to come.

HB: Wow. We've had the privilege to look at hundreds and hundreds of hours of tapes from these young wrestlers and, any one of these men and women could be on their way to legendary status if given the chance. I know Bill spoke highly of someone by the name of AJ Styles has being someone that could revolutionize light-heavyweight wrestling and, wrestling in general all by himself. But if I could be biased for a minute, there is someone by the name of Roderick Strong who's been making headlines down in Florida and, you better look out for this young kid down the line. Heavy handed kid.

FK: We here at Pro Wrestling Illustrated we're really happy to see how positive the international community was in responding to your call. We know Keiji Mutoh is on his way for the next 6 months, who are you looking forward to working the most and seeing compete here in the United States out of those committed men and women?

HB: Well, I'd say that it is not so much myself but the fans who should be asked that question but, any of these men that agreed to working with us in the near future would be a more than viable attraction on any given day. Legends like Toshiaki Kawada, Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, just the mere fact that they would be, one day, associated with the National Wrestling Alliance, seemed farfetched at first. Cannot wait 'till they are discovered by the American fans who don't already know of their legendary careers.

FK: I heard one Japanese legend, besides Keiji Mutoh, is already here in the United States concerning a certain retirement tour that would swing through the NWA?

HB: I know where you're going with it but I'm sworn to secrecy on that one Frank!

FK: Can't blame me for trying!

HB: No!

FK: We're almost out of time here but, before I leave you, I must put you on the spot... Who's going to win the 32-Men Tournament!? Who's your pick?

HB: I plead the 5th!!

FK: Good enough! Thank you Howard, and best luck to you and the NWA in the coming weeks, as you are set to debut on TNT on March 30th!

HB: Thank you Frank, we can't wait to see you there!

·
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NWA SATURDAY NIGHT
03/30/2002
LIVE! - LAS VEGAS, NV - THE JOINT
SOLD OUT! - 1,404 FANS IN ATTENDANCE​

The cameras open up inside of the Joint, fans screaming and raising their signs up high. The "NWA" logo appears up on the upper left hand corner with the word "LIVE" underneath it as we get the panoramic view of the ring, and it, all alone by himself stands the Voice of the NWA, Joey Styles. Styles waits for the fans to settle down a bit, as he turns over to his left and right shoulder, feeling the electricity of fourteen hundred plus fans in attendance.

((STYLES))

"WELCOME FANS! WELCOME TO THE NWA! WELCOME TO SATURDAY NIGHT WRESTLING!"

*CROWD ERUPTS*

((STYLES))

"This is our home here in Las Vegas, Nevada, the city of Sins, here at the Hard Rock Café Hotel's Joint, my name is Joey Styles and to..."

*YOUR IMAGINATION (BY HALL & OATES)*

The crowd turns its head towards the entrance ramp; up on the actual stage for musical performances, a neat little arc with strobe lights, the NWA Logo at the very top of it, and black curtains covering everything else, fans in bleachers on each side. 10 seconds of the song plays out and out of the black curtains steps.... JESSE "THE BODY" VENTURA!!!

*CROWD ERUPTS*

*BODY! BODY! BODY!*

Jesse Ventura makes his grand entrance and walks down the small steps towards the ring; the walk to the ring a matter of approximately 16 feet. Before Ventura enters the ring, ring announcer Stephen Deangelis offers him a microphone. Jesse sports a cutoff Black Jeff Jarrett t-shirt with black jeans and cowboy boots to top. His eyes covered by sports sunglasses and his head sporting a Hard Rock Café baseball cap. Jesse enters the ring and receives more adulation from the live crowd.

((STYLES))

"Jess... Jesse Ventura?!"

((VENTURA))

"Live and in person and that's Mr. Body to you Joey Styles!"

*CHEERS*

((STYLES))

"What are you doing here in the NWA!?!"

((VENTURA))

"What? Did you think you'd get to call the action all by yourself once more in your career?! No way! Ted asked to be on here personally, and here I am, and without any further ado, let's get this show on the road!!!"

*The screen switches from the arena to a pre-recorded montage with some of the top NWA Stars, filmed in the surroundings of The Joint but without anyone in attendance. It's dark and they pose for the camera in menacing, confident and cocky poses, while some others deliver their finishing maneuvers on jobbers in black trunks and black boots. The theme song that accompanies all of it is Adema's ''Everyone''. The opening lasts about 30 seconds and finishes with all of the NWA (main) wrestlers in the ring looking over at sky panning camera; their arms either lifted in the air for victory or doing their trademark poses.*

Back in the arena...

*SMOOTH (BY SANTANA FEAT. ROB THOMAS)*

*CHEERS*

Out from the back comes Eddie Guerrero! To a great crowd reaction.

((STYLES))

''We are getting ready to kick off what will one of the most crucial and grueling tournaments modern wrestling history, and we are kicking it off with Latino Heat!''

((VENTURA))

''Guerrero is one of those great hybrid wrestlers from Mexico. You've got the lucha libre in him, and then, you've got what I like, the dirty American style that he learned throughout the years while wrestling here in the US.''

((STYLES))

''A style you are most familiar with I suppose''

((VENTURA))

''Don't start supposing with me Joey Styles. I've had enough of one Tony Schiavone in my days as announcer, I don't need another one in this lifetime.''

((STYLES))

''Well, be that as it may, not too long ago, Eddie Guerrero was gracing the rings of the WWF, but Eddie Guerrero once had demons he needed to deal with, and here today, me and Eddie had a long heart to heart talk, and for those of you with computers nearby, this sitdown will be available on our website right after tonight's show.''

Guerrero sports somewhat of a smile on his face, as he makes his way down to the ring and into it. He taunting the fans while jumping on the second rope turnbuckle.

*SONG 2 (BY BLUR)*

And out from the back comes his opponent for the night, ''The Anarchist'', Doug Williams. Williams gets in the ring, wearing all black gear with the Union Jack on his boots and ''ANARCHIST'' on the back of his trunks.

((DEANGELIS))

''Ladies and Gentlemen this match is scheduled for one fall with a 15 minute time limit, and it is part of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament. This match is a first round matchup within Group A of the Tournament Brackets. Your referee for this match, Mr. Slick Johnson. Introducing first, from Manchester, England, weighing at 235 lbs., Doug Williams!''

*MIXED REACTION*

((DEANGELIS))

''And his opponent, from El Paso, Texas, weighing at 228 lbs., Eddie! GUERRERO!!!''

*CHEERS*

*DING-DING*

DOUG WILLIAMS VS. EDDIE GUERRERO

(Quick Results)

There was a lot playing around with the crowd in the opening minutes as Guerrero had the crowd behind and used it to entertain himself, them, and even Doug Williams... It was a see-saw affair once Williams & Guerrero got down to business and when Williams had Guerrero on the mat, he was able to get the advantage on his side. Williams mainly worked on Guerrero's neck, one of the main points of attack of Williams "Chaos Theory" finishing hold... The action picked up and Williams connected with a Super Back Suplex from the top rope, but once Williams covered Eddie, Guerrero was able to kick out after 2 but barely... Guerrero was able to get back into this matchup after hitting a couple of clotheslines and a dropkick that sent Williams reeling to the outside... Guerrero connected with a Plancha on Williams... Guerrero rolled Williams back in the ring, and while on the apron, Guerrero connected with the Heelo and got a nearfall from referee Slick Johnson... Williams & Guerrero continued exchanging suplexes (for Williams) and hurrancanranas & high risk maneuvers (for Guerrero)... With less than 90 seconds remaining, Guerrero was able to connect on Williams with a series of three suplexes... Guerrero made his way up to the top rope, and looked to connect with the Frog Splash... Guerrero launched in the air but Williams rolled out of the way... Guerrero was able to over rotate to roll on himself and escape certain pain... Williams caught Guerrero reeling though and connected with an elevated Ace Crusher... Williams quickly covered but Guerrero kicked out... Williams brought Guerrero back to his feet and hooked him in a waistlock... Williams ran forward into one of the corners but Guerrero switched in mid move and Williams momentum sent him chest first into the corner... Guerrero turned Williams around, kicked him in the gut and lifted him up for the Brainbuster... Guerrero covered Williams... 1... 2... foot on the rope!

*DING-DING-DING*

((STYLES))

"The bell as rang and I believe that the time limit has expired on this match."

((VENTURA))

"Guerrero looks really in disbelief, he was so close yet so far, and, did all this rehabing and turning his life around stuff been for nothing?!"

((DEANGELIS))

"Ladies & Gentlemen, referee Slick Johnson has ruled this match a..."

Referee Slick Johnson speaks into the ear of Stephen Deangelis concerning the verdict of this match, Guerrero barely standing up in one of the corners and Doug Williams sitting in the other corner.

((DEANGELIS))

"...he's ruled that this match will go into a 5-Minute Overtime period!!"

*CHEERS*

((STYLES))

"Well it seems as though both men will get another opportunity to advance in an unprecedented decision here by referee Slick Johnson!"

((VENTURA))

"I've never seen that before Styles! An overtime period in a tournament match!?"

Referee Slick Johnson concurrs with both Guerrero and Williams and rings the bell to restart this match!

((STYLES))

"Stay with us fans, because we will give these men 90 seconds to rest their weary bodies, and when we return, the conclusion of this match! Stay tuned!"

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

*DING-DING*

Guerrero & Williams rush at each other. Guerrero goes for a Clothesline but Williams ducks under it, grabs the arm of Guerrero and turns the attempted maneuver into a Backslide and only gets 2 count. Williams immediately grabs a front facelock on Guerrero. Williams gets back to his feet and while hooking one of Guerrero's arms, delivers a modified suplex with a floatover for another pinfall attempt that's only good for 2. Williams gets Guerrero back up and Snapmares him down. Williams drops down with an elbow drop but Guerrero moves out of the way. Guerrero quick to his feet, La Mahistral Cradle! 1-2-3! (Time = 16:30)

((DEANGELIS))

"Here is your winner, EDDIE! GUERRERO!"

*CHEERS*

((STYLES))

"And just like that, Eddie Guerrero applies a basic wrestling hold on the technical expert from the UK Doug Williams and it is indeed Eddie Guerrero who gets the duke in this matchup and will get to advance in the tournament's next round!"

((VENTURA))

"I still can't believe that referee went ahead and gave these two men another extra 5 minutes! It's the first time I've seen anything like this!"

Eddie Guerrero & Doug Williams exchange a quick handshake out of respect. Williams leaves the ring, having garnered respect from a veteran of this sport and from more than a handful of fans.

((STYLES))

"Well this is the rebirth of the National Wrestling Alliance and fans were treated to a tremendous one on one contest between two of the world's finest wrestlers!"

((VENTURA))

"I can't argue with that. But don't go thinking that is going to be a habit!"

((STYLES))

"I wouldn't have it any other way! And now, let's go backstage to our colleague and one of the legends of this great sport, "Mean" Gene Okerlund!"

The cameras take us backstage, at the remote interview location with Mean Gene Okerlund. He stands before a big great white wall covered by the NWA Saturday Night Logo that's made out of some sort of light weight metal of some kind, the background in black, the NWA colors in white with red trims, and the Saturday Night logo all in Dark Navy Blue with Gold Trims.

((OKERLUND))

"I thank you gentlemen, and boy, what a great match we've been witness to, two tremendous athletes leaving it out all in the ring, and this is only our first match of the night! Boy, I tell 'ya, Mr. Jim Miller and his partners must be pleased with what they are saying. Alright, we've got more tournament action on the way coming up next, and here is one of the man that is going to step out into that very ring in just a few short moments, my guest at this time, please come in, Norman Smiley!"

Smiley walks in, sporting a Hard Rock Café Baseball Jersey with his trademark small black trunks.... Ohh, did I forget he wiggled his way onto the set?!

((OKERLUND))

"Norman Smiley, boy, you sure look ready to step out into that ring, it's a new beginning here for you in the NWA, and you're thrust... no pun intended, right into the middle of it all, as you get ready to face Justin Credible in the World Title Tournament, you seem like you can't wait any longer to step out there!"

((SMILEY))

"You're right Mean Gene baby, I mean, Norman Smiley is here in the NWA, he's in the tournament, and the only that's left for Norman Smiley to do tonight, is wiggle is way all over Justin Credible and get a huuuuge win and then, it's a big wiggle all up to the World Title!"

((OKERLUND))

"Well I wish you the best and prey that we won't be hearing you screaming in agony once this night is over! Back to you at ringside!"

*Back into the arena*

*SNAP YOUR FINGERS, SNAP YOUR NECK (BY GRINSPOON)*

*BOOS*

((STYLES))

"And here comes the former ECW World Champion, Justin Credible!"

((VENTURA))

"I heard Joey Styles that Credible used to parade around with quite a few different ladies back in your neck of the woods, I don't see anyone with him though tonight."

((STYLES))

"Justin was indeed known for always having with him quite the entourage but, you're right, I don't see anyone near Credible, and that's very uncharacteristic of him."

Credible continues his way down to the ring, his cutoff t-shirt wet with water, his singapore cane firmly in hand. He jumps on the apron and makes his way into the ring. Receiving more hate from the fans, he goes over the ropes and steps on them, lifiting his singapore cane high in the air.

*WAR (BY EDWIN STARR)*

Norman Smiley steps out of the black curtain to a great ovation. He looks afar and all around before going down the steps and wiggling all the way down to the ring.

((DEANGELIS))

"Ladies & Gentlemen, this is another Group A World Title Tournament Match. Your referee, Al Bergeron. Introducing first, in the corner to my left, he's from Ozone Park, New York, and weighs in tonight at 223 lbs., Justin, Credible!"

*BOOS*

Credible was sitting on the top turnbuckle and, at the mention of his name, he sits up, proclaiming he's all that to the disagreement of the crowd.

((DEANGELIS))

"And his opponent, weighing 247 lbs., from Miami, Florida, Norman! Smiley!"

*CHEERS*

*DING-DING*

JUSTIN CREDIBLE VS. NORMAN SMILEY

(Quick Results)

Norman Smiley took the early advantage of the matchup with quick strikes on Credible... Credible was able to gain the advantage back while Smiley was wiggling for the crowd with a pearl harbor job on Norman... Credible hit a beautiful second-rope Missile Dropkick during the match for a nearfall... Smiley came back with a nice Powerslam a few seconds later but could not get a three count... The match ended when Smiley hit Credible with the Norman Slam and looked to have fun at Credible's expense with the Big Wiggle. Credible protested to the referee which drew the referee and Norman Smiley away from Credible. Smiley played to the crowd and force referee Al Bergeron into the Big Wiggle, giving Credible enough time to get a hold of Singapore Cane and whack Smiley across the forehead with it once he had "finished" with the referee. Norman screamed in agony and fell hard to mat at Credible covered for the pinfall victory @ 4:33.

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Back from the commercial break, we immediately get into the action with another contest.

*BREAK YA NECK (BY BUSTA RHYMES)*

((STYLES))

"And here we go with some tag team action Body."

((VENTURA))

"I still can't believe what just happened with our last match so I may be unable to help you out here Styles."

((STYLES))

"Well, it's pretty simple what happened, Justin Credible stole a match and advanced in the tournament..."

((VENTURA))

"Don't play smart with me, you know what I'm talking about, just call the action and give me some time to blow some steam off. I'll be back when I want to be back."

Out from the back comes the makeshift team of Caprice Coleman & Ruckus. Two high-flyers, full of youth, ready to wow the crowd and make an impact here on tonight on national tv. Coleman & Ruckus get into the ring and await on their opponents!

*ELECTRIC HEAD PT. 2 (THE ECSTACY) (BY WHITE ZOMBIE)*

And out from the back comes "The Stampede Bulldogs", Harry Smith & TJ Wilson, flanked by their head cheerleader, Nattie Neidhart.

((STYLES))

"Well here comes the opposition, the last graduates from the Hart Family Dungeon, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart's daughter Nattie, the last trained man by Bret "The Hitman" Hart himself TJ Wilson and, son of the "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, Harry Smith."

The Bulldogs make their way down to the ring, garnering some cheers from a few fans.

((DEANGELIS))

"This contest is scheduled for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. Your referee for this contest, Mickey Jay. Introducing first, weighing at a total combined weight of 449 lbs., Caprice Coleman & Ruckus!"

*MILD REACTION*

((DEANGELIS))

"And their opponents, being accompanied to the ring by Nattie Neidhart, at a total combined weight of 451 lbs., hailing from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Harry Smith & TJ Wilson, The Stampede BULLDOGS!!"

*CROWD APPROVAL*

*DING-DING*

CAPRICE COLEMAN & RUCKUS VS. STAMPEDE BULLDOGS

(Quick Results)

For the duration of this match, these four daredevils did not stop being in motion one bit. The opening saw Smith & Wilson gain the early advantage, hitting double team Dropkicks and Clotheslines. Followed by Double Hip Tosses out of opposing corners, that actually sent both Ruckus & Coleman crashing together in a hurtful fashion all the while they were rotating midway through the air. Ruckus & Coleman regrouped on the outside, only for Wilson to connect on them with a Front Flip, that was accentuated by Smith Back Dropping Wilson to the outside on Ruckus & Coleman. Coleman & Ruckus gained back the advantage shortly thereafter... Coleman hit Wilson with a nice Michinoku Driver for a nearfall... Ruckus hit Wilson with a Front Flip Swinging Neckbreaker that only got him a two count... Coleman & Ruckus double teaming Wilson and trying to end the match with a Catapult by Ruckus that sends Wilson right into a Double Mule Kick from Coleman; helped by the corner ropes. Wilson crashes backwards on Ruckus' knees and Coleman springboards from the apron onto Wilson's stomach with a Double Stomp. Ruckus goes for a cover but Smith breaks the pin attempt... Wilson makes the hot tag after ducking a wild Ruckus Roundhouse Kick and connecting with a Step Up Enziguri... Smith cleans house with Clotheslines galore... Smith connects with a Mafia Kick on Ruckus and covers for a nearfall... Wilson is in and connects on Coleman with a Superkick... Ruckus is easy pickens... Springboard Hart Attack! Smith covers Ruckus and the Stampede Bulldogs get the 1-2-3 victory @ 7:02.

*NWA SATURDAY NIGHT PROMO*

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Back from commercial we join Joey Styles & Jesse Ventura at ringside (The actual broadcast position is right dab against the ring, a table set up on one of the corners, with now Styles & Ventura having their backs turned to the ring and to the entrance way). Well, for Joey Styles at least.

((STYLES))

"I don't know if... Jesse, we're back on the air... Jesse... Body?!... Well, in any event we have been running on high here tonight with some of the greatest wrestling action on tv since a mighty long time, and we still have two more Tournament matches to go, and Body, are you still mad or will I have to call the rest of this historic night's action all by myself..."

((BODY))

"Just... just turn around and let's call the action."

Styles rolls his eyes and turns around. Cameras take us towards the entrance way.

*BACK IN BLACK (BY AC/DC)*

Out from the black curtain steps out Tammy Sytch to a great reaction! Wearing pretty much next to nothing for some's standards she flaunts, taunts and twists and shouts before motioning towards the black curtain. And out comes her man, "Blonde Bombshell" himself, Chris Candido. The crowd still applauding the couple, the self-proclaimed first couple of Sports Entertainment. Candido and Tammy make their way down to the ring, both looking in phenomenal shape. Candido jumps up on the apron and does his famous Strut before entering the ring and posing for the crowd. Tammy gets the microphone from ring announcer Stephen Deangelis and hands it over Candido.

((CANDIDO))

"Mmh, mmh. If you people could just shut up for a minute!"

*BOOS*

((CANDIDO))

"You cheered because you knew damn well who you came to see here tonight, so now, just shut your mouths so myself and Tammy can grace you with our gift of gab."

*BOOS*

Tammy snatches the mic away from Chris.

((TAMMY))

"Hold on honey, these people are not even worth our presence, but, since we are here, it is only fitting that we let you drunken slot machine addicts in on a little secret. That's right, the man that stands oh so handsomely besides me will walk circles around everybody that he's up against in this mockery of a tournament, and, once it is all said and done, not only will our heads shine oh so bright, but my man's beautiful and toned waist will be shining of Championship Gold with the most prestigious belt in all of professional wrestling and there is nothing you Vegas out-of-shape casino freaks can do about it!"

*BIG BALLS (BY AC/DC)*

*CHEERS*

The bassline smashes through the PA system and the tanned faces of Sytch & Candido turn white! Balls Mahoney steps out from the black curtain to a raucous ovation, as he throws up the devil's hand signal in the air and with his other hand, his trademark steel chair. Balls steps down the small staircase and walks towards the ring with purpose, accosting the camera, : "Did someone talk about freaks?! I've got your Chair Swinging Freak right here Chris!" Balls makes it to the ring and jumps on the apron, taunting the chair some more. Sytch creates a distraction by confronting Mahoney and giving him the business. Candido steps out of the ring, runs around the ring and snatches Mahoney's feet from under him, jump starting this match!

*DING-DING*

CHRIS CANDIDO VS. BALLS MAHONEY

(Quick results)

Candido pressed on with the advantage while on the outside, ramming Balls head numerous times on different sides of the guardrail before throwing him back in the ring a few seconds and several break of the referee's 10 count on the outside. Even Tammy, behind the official's back, took part of the action with a side kick right to Balls' gut... Balls was cut open while the outside, slightly though... Candido catches Mahoney with a very nicely executed Enziguri and gets a nearfall out of it... Mahoney gets back in the action and is able to connect with a nice Death Valley Driver but Candido is able to kick out after a 2 count... Candido slips out of the Nutcracker Suite and connects on Balls with a DDT... Candido maneuvers Balls into one of the corners and looks to hit the Super Bomb on Balls. Balls is just too big and Mahoney Super Back Body Drops Candido down to the canvas... Mahoney brings in the steel chair into the match... Tammy Sytch protests against it, as she jumps on the apron and the referee gets mixed up in it all... Referee Slick Johnson takes the chair away and throws it down on the mat, still trying to get Tammy back on the outside and Balls back into this match... Candido picks up the chair and as Balls does turn around, Candido uses the chair to low blow Balls Mahoney... Mahoney doesn't go down but Candido swings the chair and connects on Balls' head... Candido gets rid of the chair and referee Slick Johnson turns around and counts Mahoney's shoulders down to the match for the 3 count @ 8:30.

((STYLES))

"Well Chris Candido & Tammy Sytch are up to their old tricks again here in the NWA, and Balls Mahoney will have sore ba..."

((VENTURA))

"Woah, woah, woah, let me stop you right there Joey Styles, I'm sure the network wouldn't want you to go there, let's just say Balls Mahoney will have a hard time getting out of bed tomorrow morning."

((STYLES))

"The network huh?"

((VENTURA))

"Yeah, Ted Turner's a good buddy of mine and if he's watching, he must be pretty happy with my work here tonight, trying to keep you on the straight line."

((STYLES))

"...In any event, hello to Mr. Turner if he's watching indeed, but, right now, we've got our colleague, the very beautiful Amy Crawford waiting backstage with one of our two participants in tonight's main event, "Double J" Jeff Jarrett. Amy, take it away!"

The cameras switch over to the backstage interview area to Amy Crawford (of Nitro Girl fame).

((AMY))

"Thank you Joey and I have got with me here tonight a man that will look to advan..."

((JARRETT))

"Listen slappy, if I'd want to hear a blonde bimbo talk about how I'm going to beat the living daylights out of Jerry Lynn, I know a few places in town where I could do so and I could even get a peak of what's under that dress if you know what I mean, so just forget about your stupid questions, take a seat over there and watch how the next NWA World Champion does, and that's me, "The Chosen One", Jeff Jarrett. And that one was for you Joey Styles, you slapnut!"

Jarrett storms off leaving Amy quite a bit disgruntled. Cameras switch to another backstage location as Mean Gene Okerlund is standing alone for the time being.

((OKERLUND))

"Ohh ohh, quite a welcome indeed Amy to the backstage world of professional wrestling but if you keep your chin up, you'll get the hang of it. Now, Jerry Lynn, if you'd please join me here, we've just heard from your opponent, a man that you've never faced before, and it is as important a match you've ever had in your career."

((LYNN))

"You're right Gene, Jarrett and I never faced each other before. He was a World Champion in WCW. I was a World Champion in ECW. That is all that makes us somewhat the same. But when that bell rings for a final time tonight, I'm going to have my hand raised high and move one step forward to the goal of a lifetime, and that is the NWA World Heavyweight Championship!"

((OKERLUND))

"Well thank you Jerry Lynn, fans, we are taking our last commercial break, and when we return, our Main Event here on Saturday Night Wrestling!"

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

When the show comes back from the commercial break, we have an overview of the Joint in Vegas.

((STYLES))

"We are our back for our Main Event and ready, more than ready for it, as you take a good look at the crowd here tonight, but before we get to our final match of the night, let's take a look at next week's "Group B" action, and more specifically, one of the favorites of that bracket, 2 Cold Scorpio!"

*"Award Tour" by A Tribe Called Quest plays in the background. We see some footage of Scorpio in Japan. When Scorpio speaks, he's sitting before a black curtain; 2CS: "It's me, that cool cat, 2 Cold Scor-pi-o!" Narrator: "Scorpio has been a pioneer for professional wrestling ever since he stepped foot in a ring. Wowing crowds and opponents a like with flashy yet effective top rope splashes and a combination of Martial Arts Kicks and Suplexes, moves that rounded his repertoire and that he learned while training at New Japan's dojo in the early 90's." 2CS: "Oh man, those days were tough. Weren't too many gaijins, you know, foreigners that could take that kind of training at the dojo. Even some of the young boys, the japanese rookies, they had a hard time making it". Narrator: "It is in Japan that Scorpio found his niche in the ring and rounded himself as a performer for a sucessful return to the United States and World Championship Wrestling. Trials and tribulations ashore, but through it all, 2 Cold Scorpio will go down in history as a competitor without fear, who never backed down from a challenge and who always put the fans and their money spent, first." 2CS: "Without the fans, you ain't got no chance of making it. Because they're the ones that really give you the chance to make it or break it." Narrator: "In the opening round of the NWA World Championship Tournament, Scorpio will face a true nemesis of is, The Homicidal, Genocidal, Suicidal, Sabu." 2CS: "When you go in there with Sabu, you ain't gotta know too much, because he doesn't even know what he's going to do next. That dude's psycho, but toughest darn psycho I've ever stepped foot inside of a ring with."

Narrator: "Group B features the likes of former World Champions such as Shane Douglas & Barry Windham. But these grizzled veteran will have to deal with a legitimate dark horse in Slyk Wagner Brown. And to top it all off, the ECW rivalvry that stole the show on numerous occasions, Sabu Vs. 2 Cold Scorpio. Next week, the NWA World Championship Tournament continues, on NWA Saturday Night, starting @ 7pm Eastern time on TNT.*

Back in the arena.

*SCAPEGOAT (BY FEAR FACTORY)*

*CHEERS*

((STYLES))

"And we are finally ready for our Main Event, and here comes Jerry Lynn!"

Jerry Lynn makes his way down to the ring, the "I Love You" sign way I up in the air. Lynn jolts down the ring, clapping the fans' hands and sliding under the bottom rope to get in the ring.

*FIVE TO ONE (BY THE DOORS)*

The strobe lights flicker to the sound of drums as the crowd awaits the arrival of Jerry Lynn's adversary, Jeff Jarrett. "...yeah, we'll, taking over, c'mon!!" And out from the back steps Jarrett, guitar in tow.

*BOOS*

Jarrett makes his way down to the ring, jawing with the fans and looking p'oed as usual.

((VENTURA))

"That's my pick to win it all Styles, right there, Jeff Jarrett!"

((STYLES))

"There's no doubt that Jarrett is one of the favorites in this tournament, but this first round match could easily make or break him for the rest of his tenure in the NWA!"

Jarrett gets in the ring and taunts the fans before settling in his respective corner.

((DEANGELIS))

"Ladies & Gentlemen, this is your Main Event, set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit, and it is the final match of the NWA World Championship Tournament Group A Bracket. Your referee for this match, John Finnegan. Introducing first, weighing tonight at 231 lbs., from Nashville, Tennessee, Jeff..."

Jarrett cuts Deangelis off and takes the microphone.

*BOOS*

((JARRETT))

"You slapnuts better shut those holes before I smash that guitar over each of your head. Ring announcer, don't piss me off, that's the Chosen One to you and every other person in this stinking company. Get it right, or else, the second I win the NWA World Title, I'll leave this God forsaken place, never come back and hand the belt over to Vince up north!"

*FANS' HATRED*

((DEANGELIS))

"I stand corrected, fans, from Nashville, Tennessee, "The Chosen One", Jeff Jarrett!"

*BOOS*

((DEANGELIS))

"And his opponent, weighing tonight at 216 lbs., from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Jerry! LYNN!"

*CHEERS*

*DING-DING*

JEFF JARRETT VS. JERRY LYNN

Fans, still on Jarrett's case, continue their near riot remarks towards the self-proclaimed "Chosen One". Lynn incites those numerous chants, which sends Jarrett to the outside, and half-way down the entrance way. Lynn moves over to the ropes, inviting Jarrett back in. Jarrett plays it for as long as he can, and finally, gets back into the ring after having spent nearly 2 minutes on the outside. Both men lock up in the middle of the ring and we have a stand off. At which point Jarrett backs off and rolls out of the ring again. The referee counts up to 3 and Jarrett gets back in. Both men lock up once more and Jarrett & Lynn stand off once more, only this time, Jarrett lunges forward and rakes the eyes of Lynn. Fans continue to boo and Jarrett likes it that way. Jarrett grabs Lynn and throws him in between the second and third rope to the outside. Jarrett, with a huge smirk on his face, walks to the middle of the ring and struts like days of old.

*JARRETT SUCKS! JARRETT SUCKS!*

Jarrett doesn' waste that much time and exits the ring and connects on Lynn with a right hand. Jarrett grabs hold of Lynn's hair and rams his head against the ringside apron before tossing him back in. Jarrett slides under the bottom rope and gets Lynn back up. Jarrett with an Irish Whip on Lynn and connects with a Front Basement Dropkick. Jarrett's strategy apparent, work on the leg and lock in the Figure 4 Leglock! Lynn is down and in somewhat pain, early on in this matchup. Jarrett turns Lynn over to his back, grabs the injured left leg of Lynn and stomps on the back of it repeatedly. Jarrett drops a knee on the leg of Lynn and wrenches it. Lynn in clear agony know. Jarrett gets back up and locks in an Ankle Pick, with one foot on the other foot of Lynn, Jarrett twists both the ankle and the knee of Lynn. Lynn tries to fight out of it, but everytime he gains the courage to fight back, Jarrett gives the injured leg a twitch that stops Lynn dead in his tracks. But Lynn doesn't hold up, and frees his right leg, connecting in the midsection of Jarrett so he can release the pick. Jarrett tries to move back in but Lynn connects with three more boots to the bread basket.

*NEW F'N SHOW! NEW F'N SHOW!*

Lynn tries desperately to get back up to his feet. He hits the ropes and tries connecting with a desperation Dropkick, but Jarrett swats Lynn away and immediately locks in a sitdown Single Leg Boston Crad to put more pressure on Lynn's knee and stop Lynn's momentum dead in his tracks. Lynn is not too far away from the ropes though, and, with all the strenght he can muster, after a good 12 seconds in the hold, reaches the ropes. Jarrett breaks the hold on the count of 3 and goes back to the attack. He stomps away at Lynn's back twice before getting Lynn back up to his feet. Jarrett Irish Whips Lynn into the ropes and tries connecting with a Dropkick but Lynn holds onto the ropes and Jarrett falls flat on his back. Lynn runs over, rolls over into a pinning combination but Jarrett quickly kicks out at 2. Both men get back up and Lynn goes for a kick, which Jarrett blocks. Jarrett swoops the leg and Lynn falls down. Quickly, Jarrett turns over with the leg and locks in the Figure 4 Leglock!!

((STYLES))

"Jarrett has been working on Lynn's leg from the very start of this match, will Jerry Lynn hold on or tap out right here!"

Lynn is nowhere near the ropes and Jarrett puts as much pressure as he can on Lynn. Lynn's shoulders fall on the mat but he gets up before 2. They fall down three more times, but three other times, Lynn is able to fight through the pain, and lift himself up high enough to keep himself alive in this match. Jarrett throws insults towards Lynn and even goes as far as slapping him right across the face. Lynn becomes tomato red and lunges forward, as far as he can, to connect with a slap, and then multiple slaps of his own! Lynn starts moving his body from left to right and in a tremendous show of strenght and determination, turns Jarrett over! The pressure now coursing through Jarrett's legs. Jarrett quickly relinquinshes the hold by turning back over to his back and into the safety of the ropes for both men as it would turn out. Both men linger on the mat, and then, they get back up. Jarrett before Lynn. Jarrett hits the ropes and gets met with a boot from Lynn. Lynn feels the effects of that simple maneuver but threads on. Lynn Irish Whips Jarrett but it is reversed. Lynn comes back off the ropes, Jarrett tries a Monkey Flip but Lynn catches him and drops him with a Sitdown Powerbomb!

NO!!!

Jarrett, at the last split second kicks out! Both men get back up and Jarrett kicks away at Lynn's knee. Jarrett hits the ropes and connects with a Swinging Neckbreaker. Goes for a cover but Lynn kicks out at 2!! Jarrett picks Lynn back up and goes for another Irish Whip. Lynn comes back off the ropes and this time, Jarrett connects with a beautiful Dropkick. Jarrett: "I've got him now!" Jarrett goes for a cover but Lynn kicks out again. Jarrett doesn't let up and picks Lynn back up. Lynn out of breath and out of sync. Jarrett holds Lynn in position for the Stroke! Jarrett:" This is It!" Jarrett waits too long and while going for the backwards motion, Lynn throws an elbow that connects and sends Jarrett reeling back. Jarrett bounces on the ropes and when he comes back, Lynn catches him with a Double Leg Front Buster Slam. Into the cover but Jarrett kicks out at 2! Lynn gets back up, difficultely. He grabs a hold of Jarrett and signals for the Cradle Piledriver! Lynn tries lifting Jarrett up but Jarrett holds on to the weakened knee of Lynn. Jarrett gets away from Lynn and comes back with a wild right hand. Lynn is Irish Whipped by Jarrett. Jarrett misses with a back elbow, and misses again with a Clothesline. Lynn comes back around and hits a Tornado DDT on Jarrett. Lynn's adrenaline is running high, het gets back up and motions for the Figure 4 Leglock. He approaches the downed Jarrett, grabs the leg, turns around, but Jarrett reaches in, grabs the tight and turns Lynn over into an Inside Cradle!

3!!!!

(Time = 9:30)

*DING-DING-DING*

((STYLES))

"No, no, not like this!"

((VENTURA))

"Ha ha, Styles, what did I say, Jeff Jarrett is going all the way!"

((DEANGELIS))

"Here is your winner, Jeff, Jarrett!"

Jarrett quickly rolls out under the bottom rope and out of the ring! Victorious in somewhat treacherous means, but, victorious nonetheless.

((STYLES))

"Lynn battled hard throughout this match, his knee, weakened since the beginning, and unfortunately for him, even with all the momentume in the world, the Chosen One gets the duke and advances in the Tournament!"

((VENTURA))

"And it is just like I said Joey Styles, you can try to twist and turn this story around, but the fact remains that I was right and the pleasure was all yours!"

((STYLES))

"The hottest 90 minutes of pro wrestling of cable tv is coming to an end, but don't worry, we've got more coming up next week, at the same time, for myself and the Body, this is the Saturday Night Wrestling, this is the NWA, and this is so long, from Las Vegas and the Joint! See you next week!"

Show comes to a close with Jarrett standing on the stage, his hands raised up high with the victory sign adorning his hands.​

---------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. The font, to some, might be small, I have Opera as a web browser and just by viewing this page at 110 %, everything is fine. Sorry if this a bother, but, I haven't a better font, that looks better, to replaces this one just yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Reading what you have so far :

- The press conference was "epic", if that word is still cool to use. It was set up very professionally, well done.
- Joey Styles? I applaud.
- That's a big roster, it's nuts to think you have something set up for even half of them. It such a clean slate that you could do anything with them. Lots of good talent in there.
- Corino, Evans, Disco Inferno and Justin Credible = I basically mark for these four, good to see they made it.
- AJ Styles, a "great prospect" Who? Hah.
- The Body / Styles as an Announce Team, creative combo.
- I can tell from the first entrance this is written well. I get the feeling in "The Joint."
- This even has Mean Gene too?
- Credible making light of Smiley, thank you for that.
-You won't find a Chris Candido Promo in any of these other BTBs, that's for sure. I miss his days in the ring..
- I like the hype for Group B and that spot, it really makes you sense that all Groups are important / honorable / prestigious in their own right.
- Without spoiling it for myself, I was reading along and I thought Jarrett was gonna make light work of Lynn ala Credible / Smiley. As I read on I was starting to think Lynn was gonna take it.
- Pretty brave going off air on the first show with a Heel taking the win.

Overall it's pretty clear to me that this is a product I can get behind. It's very creative, original and it has a lot of details building itself up. I will continue to read matches from The Joint in Las Vegas, welcome back NWA. Great read.

·
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
National Wrestling Alliance: Respect, Honor & Glory​

MARCH 30TH 2002​

"A SITDOWN WITH EDDIE GUERRERO"

*The pre-recorded video starts with Joey Styles, sitting in one of the locker rooms inside of the Hard Rock Café Hotel's Joint.*

((STYLES))

"Hello fans, pleased that you could join us on our website, and, as promised, we have a special sitdown here today with one this sport's greatest stars, a worldwide competitor and someone who's finally found peace of mind in his life, I'm very pleased to be in his company once again, that man being none other than Eddie Guerrero, Eddie, how are you?"

((GUERRERO))

"I'm doing fine Joey, thanks."

((STYLES))

"It's been such a long time since I've seen you, you look in phenomenal shape and you must be extremely happy to be in the limelight once again after such turbulent years."

((GUERRERO))

"Yeah well, sometimes life is just hard man, but, you have to believe in something and you have to believe in yourself being able to make it out of that misery you find yourself in and, sometimes it takes the inner strenght of those around you and sometimes an even greater power. But I'm feeling better than I've ever felt and I'm up for the task at hand!"

((STYLES))

"When did you get the call from Jim Miller?"

((GUERRERO))

"Well, I was in Philadelphia, wrestling for a new promotion that's in close contact with the NWA actually, Ring of Honor. I was wrestling Super Crazy and, right after the match, the promoter, Rob Feinstein, said he had NWA president Jim Miller on the phone and, that's that. I was exhausted from my match but thrilled at the news and, he told me he already had spoken to a lot of people who were on board like Rey, Juventud, and, even told me that he wanted Crazy and, he asked me to be an intermediary in that whole deal so, that's all it all sort of came about man."

((STYLES))

"You've been all over the world, Mexico, Japan, Germany, Canada, the United States and back again and on again for several years now, what is it, you think, has been the one constant about yourself that wrestling fans, worlwide, have gotten a linking to about you."

((GUERRERO))

"...I don't know man, one thing I've always tried to be in that ring is as real as I could. I know there was a time in my career when I was just pissed off at the world man, but, all those emotions that you saw on Eddie Guerrero's face throughout the years, that's what was really going on inside of me, whether it be good or bad."

((STYLES))

"I had the chance to be one of the first to witness you're great battles against Dean Malenko in ECW. Why is it, you think, that it took WCW 2 years to put you and Dean in spot to shine at Starrcade '97, and why not capitalize on such success you guys had and continue that in WCW?"

((GUERRERO))

"I don't know man, I think, on Bischoff's part, things were all about getting assets. He didn't really look at the big picture. He did things if they were good for business. Of course, when you have two huge names like Hogan, Savage, Luger, Sting, you know man, that was the whole deal, the NWO. That was his focus. That's what he pushed to the death. The crusers and the rest of the roster, that was just filler in his eyes. But, let me tell you man, there wasn't a single guy in that locker room that didn't go out there and give fans 110 %. Even if they weren't getting tv time. We wrestled until we got sick of it back there. Me and Dean, we had our chances here and there but, history didn't get to repeat itself and, you know, those fans too, maybe they weren't ready for that kind of wrestling. Although some would argue otherwise, but, even two years after guys like myself had been in WCW, I could still hear "boring" chants during some matches that I had and guys like Rey and the others had so, there was an education that hadn't been done on Bischoff's part about that."

((STYLES))

"It's unbelievable when you look at it, all the guys in that locker room that, as we speak now, have gone on to be revered professional wrestlers and experts at their craft, and, whom many say, where ready back there to carry the ball but weren't given it."

((GUERRERO))

"I mean Joey man, just look at Chris Jericho. Chris had the best going "underground" gimmick going on and he got real heel heat man. Had great matches night in and night out. Entertained the crowd. WCW didn't care about him, didn't want to spend on this small guy, look what he's done in the WWF! And then you had myself, Benoit, Saturn & Malenko jump to WWF and it started a whole other revolution of sort for the WWF in terms of what kind of wrestling they had on their show. You add guys like Taz, Angle and everybody in between that stepped it up in the ring, 2000 was an amazing year, the year that killed one company because of poor judgment, and, at the same time, set another company on a tear because of capitalization."

((STYLES))

"Let's fast forward just a bit to here and now in the NWA. And, more specifically the World Title Tournament. You are entered in it, you are part of Group A in the Tournament brackets, guys like Justin Credible, Jerry Lynn, Jeff Jarrett, former World Champions, and, your first round opponent, Doug Williams. This will be a grueling and demanding tournament for everybody involved, how are you feeling just a few hours before the first ever televised NWA show in a decade or so, and you being a part of it in such a monumental match for your career?"

((GUERRERO))

"Well, it sure is surreal. Fans are going to see that handful of tremendous athletes are still out there, I mean, a lot of people might have forgotten about the Jeff Jarretts, Eddie Guerreros and so on and so forth, but, we are still here, and we will show just how much we've got to offer, no strings attached and in a live environment, anything and everything is bound to happen. I know for myself, I have been training real hard when I knew that I was going to face Williams in my first match. This man is an unknown mostly for most fans here in America, but, once you see him go toe-to-toe with me, because, believe me, he will give me a run for my money, you'll wonder how come he hadn't been on your tv screen before. It's going grueling like you said, but, when you look at the big picture man, it's for the gold. It's for the most prestigious title in history. And I don't think you could have done this whole thing man, any differently than how it all came about."

((STYLES))

"Before we go, I'd like to throw you a little curveball and do the old word association game with you Eddie!"

((GUERRER0))

"Ha ha ha, alright Joey!"

((STYLES))

"Disco Inferno."

((GUERRERO))

"Goofy."

((STYLES))

"Kronik."

((GUERRERO))

"Bad Ass."

((STYLES))

"Ric Flair."

((GUERRERO))

"Woooo!"

((STYLES))

"Buff Bagwell."

((GUERRERO))

"Buffed."

((STYLES))

"Great Muta."

((GUERRERO))

"Mysterious."

((STYLES))

"Eddie Guerrero."

((GUERRERO))

"No comment, ha ha ha!"

((STYLES))

"Ha ha, alright Eddie, thank you for taking time to speak with me, and, in turn, get the information out there for you fans, and NWA fans, we'll see you next time. Thank you Eddie."

((GUERRERO))

"Thank you Joey."​

·
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Booker's note: I'm sorry to say that this BTB of mine will be on hiatus... I have encountered a terrible computer crash/meltdown and that will keep me paralyzed on this here thread that I was really looking forward to seeing through to the very end...

Maybe is was just a sign from God that it was time I followed the electronic revolution and let go of my old computer for a laptop. Any which way, thanks for those who took time to read the very few posts I had, looking forward to being back in due time.

P.S. I still have access to some computers here and there, but not on my own time. (Either be it at work or home even when my girlfriend is not tweeting or facebooking... kids these days!) So there's a possibility of you all seeing me on these forums but, it won't be because I'm shying away from this here project. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts