Wrestling Forum banner

NWA or TNA

1535 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Thumbinthebum
It is sometimes said TNA has no identity and doesn't really know what it is meant to be. People said the six sided ring was too gimmicky and needed to go. So would using the NWA name for the promotion have been more constructive and more suitable for a "wrestling" company?

What I'm trying to say is whether the TNA name, which is a play on "Tits n' Ass" is too gimmicky for a company desperately trying to be taken seriously. NWA : Total Non Stop Action on Spike TV sounds more like classy, like a wrestling major promotion should.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,566 Posts
It is sometimes said TNA has no identity and doesn't really know what it is meant to be. People said the six sided ring was too gimmicky and needed to go. So would using the NWA name for the promotion have been more constructive and more suitable for a "wrestling" company?

What I'm trying to say is whether the TNA name, which is a play on "Tits n' Ass" is too gimmicky for a company desperately trying to be taken seriously. NWA : Total Non Stop Action on Spike TV sounds more like classy, like a wrestling major promotion should.
TNA Wrestling is fine.

It's different. If someone calls it "Tits n' Ass", simply correct them.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
MovieStarR™;9280955 said:
TNA Wrestling is fine.

It's different. If someone calls it "Tits n' Ass", simply correct them.
yeah because that wont be repetitive or annoying or insulting(sarcasm)

TNA is not fine becaus ethe name alone drives away millions of potential customers

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
NWA, I'll take Adam Pearce over Ken Anderson any day of the week and twice on Sunday :p

Unfortunately they can't since they left the NWA. It's a shame because, as you say, it does sound more classy.

yeah because that wont be repetitive or annoying or insulting(sarcasm)

TNA is not fine becaus ethe name alone drives away millions of potential customers
You're a wrestling fan, you should be used to repetative, annoying, insulting conversations, beit about wrestling being 'FAKE' or a name which makes people think of tits 'n' ass.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
You're a wrestling fan, you should be used to repetative, annoying, insulting conversations, beit about wrestling being 'FAKE' or a name which makes people think of tits 'n' ass.
im also used to my fellow countrymen being xenaphobic, but that doesnt make it justified either

the nwa is the only well known wrestling name WWE doesnt have that can be used for brand growth

· Registered
2,860 Posts
If the name bothers you that much then you probably should change the channel. F'ks sake it's just 3 letters. It gives fans an easy name to chant. It doesn't stand for tits an ass. It stands for Total Non-Stop Action.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
If the name bothers you that much then you probably should change the channel. F'ks sake it's just 3 letters. It gives fans an easy name to chant. It doesn't stand for tits an ass. It stands for Total Non-Stop Action.
I know fans have been doing that for years but doesn't it seem strange that they do? Shouldn't they be chanting the names of the wrestlers? And yes, we know it stands for Total Non-Stop Action but others, you know, those people who haven't come across the company yet but who must exsist since TNA's rating are yet to sky-rocket, won't automatically think wrestling when they hear the name. WWF (apart from the association with the Pandas), WCW, ROH, WCCW, AWA, ECW, NWA, PWG etc. don't/didn't suffer in the same way and you know it.

im also used to my fellow countrymen being xenaphobic, but that doesnt make it justified either

the nwa is the only well known wrestling name WWE doesnt have that can be used for brand growth
You stand a better chance of solving your fellow countrymens xenophobia than you do stopping morons using the 'Wrestling Is Fake' arguement :p

You're right about that but shouldn't they be trying to establish their own name rather than living off past reputation? Isn't that the biggest problem with the company when it comes to booking?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.