Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I agree with you guys that monthly PPVs just won’t work if this is the route NWA plans to take. Now if they were $15 each month I think that can work but $25 if you don’t pre-order is expensive. It’s the same reason why I stopped with the AEW PPVs, my cable provider was charging $60 even those are spread out.

I think the studio is fine for the weekly TV show, but for their PPVs they should really consider going somewhere a little bit bigger. I think they can at least fill a 1,000 seat place if the ticket prices are fair.

How many does GBP studios seat?

Wonder if this PPV is being rushed to get the TV title and Scrull vs Aldis on PPV. Here is the problem I have with that, so Scrull already lost to Aldis at Crockett Cup and if he’s AEW bound there’s no suspense of him winning the NWA World title. Ultimately last night Storm should of won, it would have given some fresh match ups for the title in 2020 considering Aldis has had the title for 2 plus years now.

I did like some of the camera work last night and it felt different enough from the TV show.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Ok i finally was able to get some time to watch the ppv. It was enjoyable and a lot of improvements. Stu seems fitting and its a million times better now that they have entrance songs and coming from the crowd is efective for sure. Still think its a mistake that they use the Powerrr look for ppvs. NWA has the black and white stuff so they should be using them for ppvs and use the powerrr stuff for the show. Black and white logo banners looks sharp and be perfect to use for its ppvs. Keep the blue yellow nwa only for the show.

The arena setup in many aspects was much improved,The camera angles seemed much improved. The energy seemed way up. Some of the new wrestlers are great. The tv belt seems odd to me considering how small scale the promotion is right now but no complaints.TV belt has a lot of history in the NWA.

I assume Marty is in NWA for a quick short pop and will be going to AEW.No way billy would pay him enough compared to what others will,Hes a wanted man. I assume Marty himself even wanted a short time in the promotion as he knows he wont get another chance any time soon. It makes things exciting for the time being anyways and hes great. Plus they can fit him in for the entire set ups tapings lol.

Seemed odd they announced the ppv but no name

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ok i finally was able to get some time to watch the ppv. It was enjoyable and a lot of improvements. Stu seems fitting and its a million times better now that they have entrance songs and coming from the crowd is efective for sure. Still think its a mistake that they use the Powerrr look for ppvs. NWA has the black and white stuff so they should be using them for ppvs and use the powerrr stuff for the show. Black and white logo banners looks sharp and be perfect to use for its ppvs. Keep the blue yellow nwa only for the show.

The arena setup in many aspects was much improved,The camera angles seemed much improved. The energy seemed way up. Some of the new wrestlers are great. The tv belt seems odd to me considering how small scale the promotion is right now but no complaints.TV belt has a lot of history in the NWA.

I assume Marty is in NWA for a quick short pop and will be going to AEW.No way billy would pay him enough compared to what others will,Hes a wanted man. I assume Marty himself even wanted a short time in the promotion as he knows he wont get another chance any time soon. It makes things exciting for the time being anyways and hes great. Plus they can fit him in for the entire set ups tapings lol.

Seemed odd they announced the ppv but no name
Glad that you finally had a chance to watch it. It was a pretty good PPV and felt like an extended episode of Powerr. I do hope that they bring over the camera work and entrance music to the weekly show. It helped the PPV quite a bit. I agree that the black and white NWA logo is so sweet looking and surprised it hasn't been used.

I'm guessing with Marty tonight at Final Battle Fallout, he will probably be at tomorrow's NWA tapings. Hoping that he also shows up on Wednesday's AEW Dynamite at the last few minutes to close out the show, should make for some interesting few weeks ahead of us.

I love the old school TV title, but like you, it is so odd to have with only a weekly 45 minute show. Then add that we already have the National title, so it defeats the purpose unless they plan to extend Powerr to a bit longer show each week.

Having another PPV so soon is odd, unless it'll be Aldis vs. Scrull with it being Scrull's final NWA appearance.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Glad that you finally had a chance to watch it. It was a pretty good PPV and felt like an extended episode of Powerr. I do hope that they bring over the camera work and entrance music to the weekly show. It helped the PPV quite a bit. I agree that the black and white NWA logo is so sweet looking and surprised it hasn't been used.

I'm guessing with Marty tonight at Final Battle Fallout, he will probably be at tomorrow's NWA tapings. Hoping that he also shows up on Wednesday's AEW Dynamite at the last few minutes to close out the show, should make for some interesting few weeks ahead of us.

I love the old school TV title, but like you, it is so odd to have with only a weekly 45 minute show. Then add that we already have the National title, so it defeats the purpose unless they plan to extend Powerr to a bit longer show each week.

Having another PPV so soon is odd, unless it'll be Aldis vs. Scrull with it being Scrull's final NWA appearance.

Though having a handful of belts can be fine. You dont need to use them all the time. You can have a champion not defend it.Look at boxing and mma,They go a while with out defending. Womens belt was not defended on this ppv.

Most likely the next powerrr taping will indeed have many of these improvements

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Both of these guys are fitting. Imagine NWA on a larger scale !!! But realistically i dont see this man being around to long.So its prob a nice snag for Billy to at least have him for THIS SEASON lol

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Both of these guys are fitting. Imagine NWA on a larger scale !!! But realistically i dont see this man being around to long.So its prob a nice snag for Billy to at least have him for THIS SEASON lol
I hope we get a new big indy name,Puro or Lucha star to challenge Aldis each season. La Park,Muta,Hijo Del Santo, Carlito, Mesias. ADR. Technically nwa is not on television, anyone can show up.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
I just noticed they announced the TV belt will be returning January 24th. That is a friday so i dont get it ? Didn't they say it returns at the next ppv ? Why would the ppv be on a friday when it was on a saturday.

Must be a mistake by nwa

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
I dont know why its almost impossible to find a decent photo of the 70th anniversary ring setup. Anyways I understand that the ppv was almost like a special powerrr episode and it was great and the name was fitting so the set made sense. But for the rest of the ppvs dont you guys think they should be using the ring setup from the 7th anniversary? Where they use the black and white logo and where it says legacy and tradition ? For ppv branding it makes a lot of sense and that way he dont need to buy anything and already has that setup.

That look is super professional feeling and important to not just use your gimmick themed tv show for every event. Makes the show feel that much better to.

Sorry the photos are crap but i couldn't find a single photo of the ring banner lol

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
I just noticed they announced the TV belt will be returning January 24th. That is a friday so i dont get it ? Didn't they say it returns at the next ppv ? Why would the ppv be on a friday when it was on a saturday.

Must be a mistake by nwa
Maybe the PPV will be on Friday this time.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts