Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

NWA World Heavyweight Championship 2-Out of 3 Falls Match
Nick Aldis (c) vs. James Storm

?The Question Mark? vs. Trevor Murdock

Ashley Vox & Allysin Kay vs. 2 members of Melina's team (Melina, Thunder Rosa, or Marti Belle)

Eli Drake vs. Ken Anderson

NWA World Tag Team Title Match
The Rock & Roll Express and The Wild Cards

NWA National Championship Title Match
Colt Cabana vs. Aaron Stevens vs. Ricky Starks

Stu Bennett has been added as the color commentator

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Where is this section lol. Thanks for posting the link in the main nwa section.

K just finished the show. The card seems really good.

Ok so the issue with the nain event is if James losesthis is a conscious burn at him for notwinning belts. If he wins it makes nick look back because in my view nick is a much bigger star. Maybe its because james has not been given that chance to present himself that he can roll with it and this is his chance.

So this will be interesting

·
GG, muah! & No re, bang!
77 Posts
Two words

"And STILL"

Aldis over Storm
? over Murdock
Melina & Belle over Vox & Kay
Drake over Anderson

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ok so the issue with the nain event is if James losesthis is a conscious burn at him for notwinning belts. If he wins it makes nick look back because in my view nick is a much bigger star. Maybe its because james has not been given that chance to present himself that he can roll with it and this is his chance.

No problem, it's the "Other Wrestling" thread, which the NWA, ROH, MLW, and all other smaller wrestling promotions reside here on the forums.

I really hope that Storm does win the title here and gets a chance to prove he's World Champion material. His National title reign was way too short.

I find it kind of odd that Kay isn't defending the title here. I know her and Vox have a beef with Melina and co., but I would have liked to have seen her defend the title against Rosa.

I'm guessing that next week we will probably get more of the card.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts

No problem, it's the "Other Wrestling" thread, which the NWA, ROH, MLW, and all other smaller wrestling promotions reside here on the forums.

I really hope that Storm does win the title here and gets a chance to prove he's World Champion material. His National title reign was way too short.

I find it kind of odd that Kay isn't defending the title here. I know her and Vox have a beef with Melina and co., but I would have liked to have seen her defend the title against Rosa.

I'm guessing that next week we will probably get more of the card.

Kay is already in a women's group match at the ppv i thought? It is weird to not have a1 on 1 womens match for the belt

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Still don't think the nwa should be doing a PPV this soon. We need at least 4 months of build up.

The card is ok. I am sure the main event will be great but I don't really care for it. I was hoping for Kay vs Rosa. Eli vs Ken make sense. Murdoch vs Question Mark will be awesome. Can't wait too see the rest of the card.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Still don't think the nwa should be doing a PPV this soon. We need at least 4 months of build up.

The card is ok. I am sure the main event will be great but I don't really care for it. I was hoping for Kay vs Rosa. Eli vs Ken make sense. Murdoch vs Question Mark will be awesome. Can't wait too see the rest of the card.
It will probably be the only one in the studio and i hope so

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
booking wise surely James Storm has to finally win the nwa world title here, unless Aldis gets a faction and its a long build to have Aldis' group keep screwing Storm until he beats everyone on his way back to Aldis vs Storm III. But, with that, There is shortage on who else can fight Aldis for the title next. At least with Storm winning here, you have Aldis rematch plus fresh match ups vs Anderson, Drake and even Cabana getting a title shot since him and Storm have history.

Really disappointing that there is no Kay title defence though instead of the tag match but heres hoping we get an exciting tag title match.

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Hope we'll see some new names tho
What is the contract situation with NWA - they can't be exclusive to the company right unless Corgan is sinking a ton of his own money into the company from the jump.

Even NA television exclusive would have to cost a lot of money to get these guys to sign.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn it, now I can't even edit the first post to add the rest of the card. WTF!!!!

Added to the card

NWA World Tag Team Title Match
The Rock & Roll Express and The Wild Cards

NWA National Championship Title Match
Colt Cabana vs. Aaron Stevens vs. Ricky Starks

Stu Bennett has been added as the color commentator

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
They have lost that nostalgia feel with out corny. But i think we all know that some of those aspects was going to have to change for the long term anyways as it would jave worn off. I hope they do keep some old element feel to the weekly show though but corny was so entertaining. Let's see how to modern guys call the show gil is brilliant anyways.

They gotta push for next tapings for sure

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They have lost that nostalgia feel with out corny. But i think we all know that some of those aspects was going to have to change for the long term anyways as it would jave worn off. I hope they do keep some old element feel to the weekly show though but corny was so entertaining. Let's see how to modern guys call the show gil is brilliant anyways.

They gotta push for next tapings for sure
I agree that now with the loss of Cornette, they lose that one piece that brought nostalgia to the NWA besides the studio setting. I do hope with the next set of tapings that they do make some necessary updates to the presentation. This was cool for this first set of tapings or as Galli said, Season 1. I think now they need to kind of step up the presentation a bit with some entrance music and make sure there is enough tapped in the can till whenever they decide to tape again. This week's episode worked fine, but they can't keep doing stuff like last week which turned off a lot of people.

The PPV is looking decent, I am most excited for the main event. The rest of the card I am partial about as you can kind of tell who is going to win some of the matches.

·
GG, muah! & No re, bang!
77 Posts
Stu on commentary is going to be wonderful.

I think Colt Cabana will either retain or AC Slater will win by pinning Stevens.

I can't wait for the show. I officially bought it yesterday before the time ran out for the discount.

inb4 Surf Dudes w/ Attitudes interfere in the tag team match

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
If storm loses what does he do? Lol he keeps losing everywhere. On the other hand i dont feel he should be the one to take it off storm storm. I think Tim storm should be and in fact i hope he interferes

·
Premium Member
43,812 Posts
It is so weird that of the three shows happening this weekend (ROH Final Battle, this, and WWE TLC), this is the only show that I kind of care about.

Wow.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
So much for nwa saying the ppv would have a different look. Its the same setup as the show. They should have its regular dark black and white banners for its ppvs

1 - 20 of 53 Posts