Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
It seems like all of the matches are 6:05 time limit. Hoping that this is not the rule moving forward. It is cool for the tournament, but matches for a TV title should at least have 10-15 minute time limit at least.
It does seem all tv title matches will be 6:05 time limit. It does feel a little short but NWA has been building around shorter matches most of the time so it does fit the presentation.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
It does seem all tv title matches will be 6:05 time limit. It does feel a little short but NWA has been building around shorter matches most of the time so it does fit the presentation.
Agreed, it works perfectly for what they are trying to accomplish. I just hope they at least do 15 minutes time limit, it just seems way too short and reminds me of the stupid Impact Grand Championship and the rules with that title.

Even reading over at PW.net, Jason Powell has the same complaints that he wishes that the TV title matches had more time, especially with the semi-finals matches. It even defeats the purpose of Tim Storm getting the bye acting like he is totally fresh with the bye.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
The finals match has no time limit and wow did I forget that Duggan was the last TV champion.

Gordon vs. Aldis was a really good match and right behind the Rosa vs/ Kay match for me.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Nice, Ricky Starks won the title. Glad to see the two guys I had hoped to win the title in the main event.

Surprised no Nikita Koloff to present the title to the winner.

With Crockett Cup in April, they probably should have had Hard Times in February. I think an every other month PPV model wouldn't be bad.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
My first Pay Per View purchase in 16 years turned out to be a fun show. No regrets. Plan on doing it again for Crockett Cup....unless I'm there live. Which I hope to be.

Rosa/Kay, Aldis/Gordon, and Starks/Murdoch were the standout matches.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
Thought the show was decent but a bit average. I'd give it a 6/10. Both main events needed more time and the Steiner match served no purpose as a late addition. I was also VERY upset that Trevor didn't get the win. :p Definitely had the toughest road through the night and thought that he deserved the nod. :( Happy for the title changes that took place though. I'd like to see some longer matches in the future for sure.

Allysin Kay vs. Thunder Rosa - *** 1/4 (I'd say this was MOTN, but the girls got sloppy a little too much throughout)
Aldis vs. Flip - *** (This could've been SO much more. Aldis felt very off his game)
Murdoch vs. Starks - *** 1/4 (Very solid foundation but again, I thought it needed more time to build the drama)

·
Mr Big Shot
89 Posts
I thought it was an enjoyable show, Aldis vs Gordon my favourite because it had the most time and the finish felt like a finish to an even match, where they can do the rematch down the road. I really like NWA

·
None. More. Hated.
5,719 Posts
I thought they might have waited a little longer to build up pulling the trigger on Rosa. Shes so dominant Im not sure where you go from here for legit challengers. Good to see Eli win gold too, although I want him with the 10 pounds.

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
NWA proving you don't need twenty minute matches to entertain the fans. Some of their matches went 3 minutes and were entertaining as hell!

·
Ho!
17,552 Posts
NWA proving you don't need twenty minute matches to entertain the fans. Some of their matches went 3 minutes and were entertaining as hell!
That's an important point. The show flew by. Pretty much all the matches delivered to some degree and are all very easy to sit through again due to the length of them. The ones that got more time delivered as well. That Allysin Kay/Thunder Rosa match was the best regular women's match I've seen in a long time and I'd say the MOTN. Aldis/Gordon was really good as well.

The main event was solid. Don't know that the right guy won, because they really built it up and the way the tournament was going made it feel like it should've been Murdoch's moment. Also I personally don't see anything in Ricky Starks, but I'll say it is good they're trying to make a star out of him/someone young and giving him the TV Title will certainly help put him in that direction.

Only match that was bad was Stevens/Steiner. It was thrown together last minute. It was an old as fuck Steiner and an Aron Stevens who has a gimmick that makes it almost impossible for him to have a decent one-on-one match. I won't say it was "disappointing" because I didn't expect anything from the match anyway.

Definitely worth the $20. Second PPV for them in a row I feel I got my money's worth.

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
First time watching NWA last night for Hard Times and I gotta say I was impressed. I think with all the wrestling available now for something new to really grab it has to feel different. And NWA definitely does that.

Having a 6 minute time limit for the 1st 2 rounds of the TV Title was a cool idea and helped the show flow really well. And for all those matches that only went 3-5 minutes, they were all fun and just breezed by.

Amazing for me to see a guy like Trevor Murdoch who was apart of a decent tag team with Lance Cade in WWE over 10 years ago and now is back in 2020 and having fun matches.I also like what I see from Ricky Starks.

Thunder Rosa vs. Allysin Kay was great. And that came out of nowhere for me. I remember seeing Rosa in Lucha Underground as Kobra Moon and while I was entertained by her, I can't say I was ever impressed by her as a wrestler. But damn, she was so good here. Her mix of high flying and technical wrestling was very good. And Kay, who I've also never been that big a fan of, really delivered here as well. She sold the damage to her arm great.

Nick Aldis came across like a star. HIs promo duel with Marty was top notch. And the match with Flip, while nothing that special, he looked good as well. With more time too it, this match could have been the MOTN.

Will definitely try to catch NWA more often now.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
So what is the meaning behind the name Hard times ? I guess the focus on that ppv is crowning the tv champ.But we will clearly see all the or most of the other belts. I love that they have 5 different great belts.

National and TV belt have history so they can be good behind the 10 pounds of gold. Not a fan of the ppv being on friday unless thats them tapoing more before the ppv which would be funny
It’s a reference to a classic NWA promo by Dustin Rhodes

·
Banned
8,928 Posts
It’s a reference to a classic NWA promo by Dustin Rhodes
Still have had zero time to watch the ppv but hope to do so today before i lose a chance

This promo is great ! also a funny requiem for a dream tune added to the second video

81 - 94 of 94 Posts