Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I'm confused I swear Nick was facing him storm at hard times but now he's facing flip? Does Nick have two matches I'm I'm lost
Aldis is only facing Flip, but not sure if it is a World title match or non-title. It is little details like this that drives me nuts about the NWA. It extends to how they have handled this TV title tournament. Back in the day and even now to a degree, they used to throw up the brackets with who is going to wrestle in the tournament. They did this whacky stuff where Nikita drew names at the one taping and then the rest was even more odd ballish with that guy and lady drawing names making it look like they were up to no good on what names were pulled.

The other issue with this tournament that I have is what is up with these open spots? Why book this tournament with 12 people and not 16 since the qualifying matches played over the course of the last 2 months almost? Now if they give these 2 slots to qualifiers that lost, what is the point, and what if they just bring 2 entrants in that never even had to qualify.....how does it make the rest of the guys feel that were in the tournament from storyline perspective? I can see if they say wrestler X and Y are going to get a bye in this tournament, but we have no clue what these open slots are.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
So where the hell did i get the impression that Nick was facing Tim storm for the belt lol classic

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So where the hell did i get the impression that Nick was facing Tim storm for the belt lol classic
I think because of all of these concurrent storylines right now, it is easy to be confused. Shit, I am still wondering if this is a World title match or not. We were all thinking that it was going to be Aldis vs. Scrull at Hard Times, but I think they are waiting the Crockett Cup to do that match which is something to look forward to.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
I think because of all of these concurrent storylines right now, it is easy to be confused. Shit, I am still wondering if this is a World title match or not. We were all thinking that it was going to be Aldis vs. Scrull at Hard Times, but I think they are waiting the Crockett Cup to do that match which is something to look forward to.

Whats stupid is how is it that a guy that has not been on nwa at all all of the sudden gets to face the world champion even if the belts not up for grabs.

Also a lot of the belts dont seem to get defended on ppvs lol

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Whats stupid is how is it that a guy that has not been on nwa at all all of the sudden gets to face the world champion even if the belts not up for grabs.

Also a lot of the belts dont seem to get defended on ppvs lol
I know, you make a solid point with that. Aldis has been feuding with James Storm, Tim Storm, Eli Drake, Ricky Morton and the list goes on these last few months and Flip gets the match. You would think one of these guys would get the shot, but I guess maybe Flip vs. Aldis is being done to help buyrates.

I don't mind the titles being defended much on TV, but they should be on PPV's to help boost buys.

Like a few of the guys in the ROH thread, why in the world did ROH stop working with the NWA for only to work with them again in 8 months time? I thought their partnership was good, so hopefully this isn't short term either.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Last minute decision for the Roh alliance. I hope Lethal and Rush get title shots.

I am loving how they're keeping Eli and Aldis away from each other but Eli is definitely calling him out every chance he gets. The little details in building towards a future match.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Yeah i dont have a problem with it really but just you gotta explain shit right lol.

With marty more involved with roh maybe this tine around the partnership will be even better

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Damn, did expect 2 non nwa wrestlers entering tv title so late and then Flip getting the match vs Aldis. Vs Tim Storm or even Morton would of been better than Flip Gordon!

Apologies for getting Morton never challenging for title before, his promo from the week It had me convinced that he's never challenged.

These 2 byes are so interesting as it has to be either ROH or ex-wwe. Shane Taylor could be good but the problem with these byes is that it could prevent Question ? And Starks or Tim Storm reaching the final. I'd love for Rush or Jay Lethal to be involved, he'll even Marty Scurll, if he's winning the belt, but just seems so strange to build with your roster and Dice even having a qualifier match, only for 2 non nwa to enter so late. I do like mystery participants though ...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
After watching latest Powerrr, I'm actually hoping we get Steiner Brothers vs Rock N Roll Express as a one last time, especially with Scott carrying his classic tag title. Wouldn't be a technical masterpiece but would be so awesome for nostalgia. If Rick can't go, then Scott with a different legend would still be awesome.

As for 2 mystery guys in TV title, I'm thinking Kenny King and Jeff Cobb could be realistic and both would be great. Kenny as a member of ROHs LI would add an extra dynamic and Kenny is a good wrestler whilst Cobb is simply amazing and I can't some him being in a roh title feud soon so nwa tv run would be great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only 1 powerrr left til the ppv, nothings announced hardly

Looks like theres two shows worth of matches and only 1 week

Nwa needs to start hyping matches on ppvs

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Only 1 powerrr left til the ppv, nothings announced hardly

Looks like theres two shows worth of matches and only 1 week

Nwa needs to start hyping matches on ppvs
This is the current card, there are about 9 matches here when you considering the two titles matches and the TV title tournament. How many more matches can you cram?

NWA World Championship Match (Not sure if non-title)
Nick Aldis (c) vs. Flip Gordon

NWA Women's World Championship Match
Allysin Kay vs. TBD

NWA Television Championship Tournament
**Nikita Koloff to present the TV title to winner

Block A
Tim Storm vs. Zane Dawson
Ricky Starks vs. TBD

Block B
Zicky Dice vs. TBD
The Question Mark vs. Winner of Murdoch vs. Latimer

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nobody gives a shit about Kay,So lets not pretend shes going to do big things.But as a grudge match that still would be good lol
Kay has been a very underwhelming champion and how she has been booked. I can’t even remember the last time she defended the title it is that bad. I hope she loses the title to Thunder Rosa which I think is the direction they might be heading in.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Kay has been a very underwhelming champion and how she has been booked. I can’t even remember the last time she defended the title it is that bad. I hope she loses the title to Thunder Rosa which I think is the direction they might be heading in.

Its pretty clear they are building thunder up. No way would a chanoion not be show cased so that makes me think billy quietly dislikes her or not high on her.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I thought they announced Kay vs Melina last week? If they haven't, then it's just another match teased like Aldis vs Scurll, Aldis vs Tim Storm etc. I get the idea of building feuds but when it comes to ppvs, fan want to know prior the main matches before buying and if Kay is still vs ?, then it's 3 mysteries going into the PPV with just 4 days to go. If all revealed tonight, then it's still only 72hrs prior to PPV.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Will tune in but not that excited for this tbh. I was excited to see the TV title come back here and potentially Aldis/Scurll, but I didn't count on them having the entire tournament and Aldis in a non-title match as the entire card. They could have had all these matches on Power with the exception of the tournament final and maybe Aldis-Gordon if they're saving Aldis-Scurll for a later point like SCOH in April.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
I dont think billy likes Kay lol, Hes done nothing with her well women all around her are getting time.

Something about issac that is appealing. Aron is just fucking gold

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
didnt expect the show to be an hour and a half. It throws me off but i like how the shows always different amount of lenth . The editing and post production is getting so good with nwa. With billies pull from the music industry and creative mind for sound this companies going to have a lot of good music in the future. Of course when u dont have long term contracts with wrestlers no point going big time on money to make songs for each person until they are locked down.

NWA has a long way to go but the direction is really good and billy has his 20 year plan so i see a good future.

Sucks i wont be around to watch the ppv live but will get it for saturday when im free

21 - 40 of 94 Posts