Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miz is already a 7 time IC Champion. If you push him to the main event for the WWE/UC title, good for him. If you keep him in the IC title scene and go for 2 more reigns, he will be making history by having the most IC reigns. Only downside is if he ends up going for the US title, but that seems quite far-fetched right now. Sorry but he's no longer ever gonna be in jobber status again. He's too credible at this point.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Maybe he can go up if he gets moved to SD!

Reactions: 307858

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,407 Posts
Miz has not been a jobber for a while. He was being booked poorly for a while before coming over to Raw but he was not a jobber. Can actually see Miz breaking Jericho's record for most IC title reigns. Would love him to get a world title run (IMO it should be him WWE champion on Smackdown NOT Jinder) but doubt WWE do it

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Congrats to Marys- uh Miz on his IC win tonight. I just hope they put Dean and Miz in different feuds.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,450 Posts
No chance of a World Title run or even feud until late 2018 at the absolute earliest...and thats if WWE take a break from pushing Shield/HHH's NXT boys to reward a guy who has been busting his ass for years no matter how badly he's misused.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Well he has potential for more on Smackdown. He's bound by Roman glass ceiling on Raw. I think he's fine in the midcard. Now WWE needs to make sure the IC title doesn't return to a former World champ. It needs to go to someone with potential to later be champ. The last couple of IC champs - save Ryder- have been former world champs: Miz, Ambrose, Ziggler. Is there a singles midcard?

I hate to ask, but who exactly is in the Raw singles midcard? It seems to be bloated at the top (world title scene) and then the rest consists of tag teams, the women, and cruiserweights.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Miz is already a 7 time IC Champion. If you push him to the main event for the WWE/UC title, good for him. If you keep him in the IC title scene and go for 2 more reigns, he will be making history by having the most IC reigns. Only downside is if he ends up going for the US title, but that seems quite far-fetched right now. Sorry but he's no longer ever gonna be in jobber status again. He's too credible at this point.
He will definitely go down as one of the all time great IC Champions, no doubt about it. My only gripe with The Miz outside of him being stale is this. He needs to hit the fucking gym. It's about the only thing I give credit to Mahal for. Look at where it got him.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Miz has no chance of getting in the main event scene on RAW with the Lesnar situation sadly, on SD he had a big shot, not so much anymore.

Reactions: Rookie of the Year

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Nowhere to go but up? Really? Seems he has been in the IC title picture for the last 4 or 5 yrs. Same crap all the time. Id say he's shown what he can do, and its not much.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,450 Posts
Sadly The Miz can go down as well. This is WWE afterall, and WWE in one of its worst years ever. You would have thought after Miz's 2016 he'd be in store for a good 2017 but instead all he's done all year is job to Ambrose and Cena repeatedly before winding up in the exact same spot he was this time last year.

He will definitely go down as one of the all time great IC Champions, no doubt about it. My only gripe with The Miz outside of him being stale is this. He needs to hit the fucking gym. It's about the only thing I give credit to Mahal for. Look at where it got him.
Why should The Miz bulk up? That makes no sense for his character. He's best served as a cowardly heel, he doesn't need to be a unnatural looking mass of muscle.

Nowhere to go but up? Really? Seems he has been in the IC title picture for the last 4 or 5 yrs. Same crap all the time. Id say he's shown what he can do, and its not much.
Yeah he's only been one of the most entertaining, and for that matter one of the only entertaining acts in WWE in recent years. Yeah he cant do much...

Some people's bitching doesn't even relate to reality.

And its absurd how certain wrestlers get blamed for their booking. Miz has toiled away in the midcard for years because thats all WWE have used him for. Its like people forget pro wrestling is fake just so they can bitch about certain wrestlers.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Yeah he's only been one of the most entertaining, and for that matter one of the only entertaining acts in WWE in recent years. Yeah he cant do much...

Some people's bitching doesn't even relate to reality.

And its absurd how certain wrestlers get blamed for their booking. Miz has toiled away in the midcard for years because thats all WWE have used him for. Its like people forget pro wrestling is fake just so they can bitch about certain wrestlers.
Entertaining for you maybe, but he's as bad as Bray Wyatt. Does the same promo every single time. To be fair, Miz gets more tv time for his promos than any other wrestler on either show. 15-20 mins a week with his Miz Tv crap. So he has plenty of time to get himself more over and get the fans to want him to move up more, but he fails to do that. Daniel Bryan didnt get a ton of time yet he got the crowd behind him and the WWE was forced to elevate him more.

·
Premium Member
26,987 Posts
Does the same promo every single time.
Such has been the case with the Miz for a while now, his promos are all basically: "I HAZ IC TITLE MAKE PRESTIGIOUS".

He is a broken record. At this point I think Miz needs more the IC title than the other way around, seems like a crutch for his character.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
Miz helps make people care about the IC title. Which is no small feat these days.

He's fine continuing to be a credit to his profession and a history making figure there for now. If he gets traded back to SDL next year or the year after, then that top title cherry on top becomes more possible. Either way, guy is a winner at life and in wrestling.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts