Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent decay of midcard babyfaces(MVP and Matt are gone, Christian is injured), I think it would be a smart time to have The Gold Standard return to fend off the four 'big' midcard heels, namley Jack Swagger, Drew Myclyntyre, Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler. If we got him in, we would have a perfect 4 match -

Kingston
Kaval
Masters
Benjamin

VS

Swagger
Myclyntyre
Rhodes
Ziggler

Thoughts?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would definately love for Shelton to come back. Sad thing is, he will get treated the
same as Christian, Matt Hardy, and MVP. He in the WWE's eyes, is seen as a veteran. They
will have McIntyre, Rhodes, Swagger go over him. The WWE didn't have anything for Shelton
b4 his release. He crossed paths with Swagger once b4 being released. I thought they
were going to have a spectacular match with each other but nothing came of it. This was
when Swagger was champion and said I guess I'm the true gold standard or something like that
I guess now they could use Shelton, but not in a way all of us would like. There's no doubt he would put on great matches with Cody, Drew, Swagger and Dolph.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I'm game for more Shelton jobbing to guys who actually have a future. Bring him back, I say.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Shelton and MVP effectively suffered the same fate: waste.

I wish I could share your optimism, OP.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Its not. They still have Kofi on Smackdown. Remember, Michael PS Hayes can only handle one black guy per wrestling show.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Another one of my favourite wrestlers that I gave up on a long, long time ago. If he comes back, I'm not expecting anything more than an initial mark-out moment, then a complete waste again.

He'll probably feud with Christian. :lmao

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I've never been a fan of Shelton, i'd rather see someone new in that spot to be honest, Tyler Black or Percy Watson for example.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
^ He could still have a good 10 years if he stayed healthy.

I wouldn't be against him returning and getting one more push, as long as they actually sustain it this time and keep him in the mid card. I don't and never did think he would be a main eventer, but he could be a great babyface mid carder and could help elevate ADR, Swagger, and even could team with some other wrestlers (Kofi, Kaval) to help them gain momentum and whatnot. I wouldn't expect them to go for the tag titles or anything, but a friendship between two faces to help each other out with their enemies wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Shelton's 35?

Sheesh...

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
If WWE wanted a perenially unover guy who can wrestle on Smackdown they'd use DH Smith. At least he's still young and has a lot of potential and time to reach it.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
personally... i would mark out if i heard his music suddenly playing at the royal rumble...

realistically... it ain't happening, if the likes of MVP and Vance archer got wasted just like that, i seriously doubt the would bring him back

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Or, they could use the void MVP left behind to get air time for younger guys stuck in a limbo called Superstars.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts