Wrestling Forum banner

Now who does this interview remind you of?

3456 29
WWE Champion CM Punk was interviewed by Comcast.com this week to promote Sunday's Summerslam 2012 pay-per-view. Here are some highlights of what Punk said about:

Attacking The Rock at RAW 1,000: "I don’t think it was sudden at all. I’d been very vocal about the Rock coming back and cherry-picking the days he comes in. So, when he comes in I’m going to smack him in the face ... I just think there are a lot of people who work their asses off here. I’m here 24/7, 365 days a year and he’s here like three days a year. So when he comes in here and tries to lay claim to our success and things people have worked hard to establish, it’s a little offensive.""I’m in line to face [The Rock] if I hold on till the Royal Rumble. The WWE’s like a minefield. Any guy can beat anyone on any given Sunday. So hopefully I’ll make it and I’ll prove to the Rock that you can’t just walk in and pick your days."

Retirement & Remaining Goals in Wrestling: "I’m not going to wrestle forever ... I would definitely say I’ve passed the middle point of my career for sure. Not many [goals remain]. I kind of want to make a few guys and girls. And I think I’ve done a little bit of that with AJ (Lee). I want to make sure there’s a future for the wrestling business when I leave. I want to make sure there are people that fill that void."

Working With Paul Heyman: "I’m happy to see him when he’s here. It’s great. Before I could only hang out with him when I did shows in the Northeast. I got to grab a bite to eat with him. Now, he’s not here as often as I’d like, but when he shows up on Mondays it makes my day easier. He’s a dear friend I can bounce ideas off of."

"I’d love to [work with Paul Heyman]. But he’s busy with Brock. And I don’t know if the Paul Heyman/CM Punk dynamic would work on screen. I don’t need a mouthpiece. And I think we’re two separate entities. But behind the scenes we get along famously."

This comment proves that when you look at it even an IWC god such as CM Punk, go down the same road as Cena, but interestingly its never borught up.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My point is very clear actually I find the hypocrisey on this site laughable and wanted to point out that even the IWC love child that is CM Punk is just the same as cena with regards to why he decided to take out The Rock.

· Banned
11,277 Posts
punk said something cena said aswell. so? who cares?

well, maybe they both have just the same and right opinion about that shit.

Reactions: Hawkke

· Premium Member
46,597 Posts
What I don't get is that Rock gets talked about as "That guy that is only here for a big payday" yet Brock Lesnar is basically the same thing and it never comes up. Maybe within the show, yes, but I never hear anybody smack talking Brock in interviews, even Cena.

· Banned
9,250 Posts
I agree with you op.
Either the writing team proved once again how incompetent they are by repeating the same old shit or John Cena and CM Punk are both too stupid to get it.
Some idiots act like he is Vin Diesel or Jason Statham, a Hollywood actor who had nothing to do with wrestling who decides to try himself in WWE and Vince books him in the WrestleMania main event just for fun because he is so big.
The Rock busted his ass to become a wrestling superstar, immortal, future hall of famer and one of the greatest of all time. He wrestled in the minor league USWA, wrestled in WWE as Rocky Maivia and the Nation of Domination member for a midcard title before he became a main eventer and corporate champion. He did the impossible and proved that someone was able to replace Stone Cold in the Attitude Era when Austin was injured.
He feuded with midcarders like The Sultan or Tom Brandi before he became someone.
If his name was Vin Diesel, Statham or Terry Crews I would understand it that some people bitch around that some Hollywood actor competes in WWE but in the case of The Rock it's just ridiculous.
The Rock didn't competed in the year 1997 3 times a year, he paid his dues.
So it's a shame and a crime that a superstar left WWE on his own? That means he should wrestle 200 years like Ric Flair or be forced to retire like Bret Hart or Edge to not be judged by someone?

But what's more sad is that CM Punk actually likes The Rock, that means that the incompetent writing team came up with this garbage. That shows in what state wrestling is today. Remember the returns to WWE of Hulk Hogan, Jake Roberts, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold 2003, The Ultimate Warrior etc. there was always a story behind.
Now we have already the second feud "I am here and you are not"

· Registered
854 Posts
Difference, I'll spell it out.

CM Punk= Wrestler

John Cena= Entertainer

Wrestlers are harder workers year round. They hone their craft better and spend a lot more time doing so than those "entertainers".
Are you fucking kidding me? I fucking hate Cena's character.. but you are a total dumbfuck if you truly believe Punk works harder then him. Cena work 350 plus shows a year. He doesn't go even a couple days without main eventing. Your boy Ziggler has never main evented WWE in his life.

· Registered
1,980 Posts
What I don't get is that Rock gets talked about as "That guy that is only here for a big payday" yet Brock Lesnar is basically the same thing and it never comes up. Maybe within the show, yes, but I never hear anybody smack talking Brock in interviews, even Cena.
Maybe no one wants to mess with Brock Lesnar because he can throw a mad temper tantrum and no one wants to get in a fight with him lol. :lmao

The difference between Brock Lesnar and The Rock is that Brock doesn't run his mouth off and tell the fans, "I'm never leaving you guys ever again! I'm here to stay this time!" Cena and other wrestlers have a problem with The Rock because Rock is a hypocrite. In the past, Dwayne has stated in interviews and magazines before that he no longer wants to be known as a wrestler or "The Rock." He wants to be known as "Dwayne Johnson," an actor. THAT'S WHAT PISSED JOHN CENA OFF.

You can't just say you love wrestling and then toss it away like trash when you move on to acting or whatever career is next. People defend Rock by saying that it's okay to have passion for both wrestling and acting. There is nothing wrong with that at all, but that's not the point. The Rock didn't want to associate himself with WWE back then because supposedly it would ruin his Hollywood image and people in Hollywood wouldn't take him seriously. The only reason he was able to return more often last year and this year is because he is so successful in Hollywood now and supposedly it won't hurt his image to associate himself with wrestling again.

Another problem that Cena and Randy Orton have mentioned before is that The Rock never made any guest appearances and denied all deals to show up unless it was to promote one of his movies. What did the Rock say in response? He said that he's busy and movies take a lot of time to film. Okay Dwayne....Then how come you were able to make those WWE appearances to promote movies...?? Hmmm?? and why did you deny all the other WWE appearances (except important ones like Hall of Fame)?? :side:

· Registered
7,826 Posts
Maybe no one wants to mess with Brock Lesnar because he can throw a mad temper tantrum and no one wants to get in a fight with him lol. :lmao

The difference between Brock Lesnar and The Rock is that Brock doesn't run his mouth off and tell the fans, "I'm never leaving you guys ever again! I'm here to stay this time!" Cena and other wrestlers have a problem with The Rock because Rock is a hypocrite. In the past, Dwayne has stated in interviews and magazines before that he no longer wants to be known as a wrestler or "The Rock." He wants to be known as "Dwayne Johnson," an actor. THAT'S WHAT PISSED JOHN CENA OFF.

You can't just say you love wrestling and then toss it away like trash when you move on to acting or whatever career is next. People defend Rock by saying that it's okay to have passion for both wrestling and acting. There is nothing wrong with that at all, but that's not the point. The Rock didn't want to associate himself with WWE back then because supposedly it would ruin his Hollywood image and people in Hollywood wouldn't take him seriously. The only reason he was able to return more often last year and this year is because he is so successful in Hollywood now and supposedly it won't hurt his image to associate himself with wrestling again.

Another problem that Cena and Randy Orton have mentioned before is that The Rock never made any guest appearances and denied all deals to show up unless it was to promote one of his movies. What did the Rock say in response? He said that he's busy and movies take a lot of time to film. Okay Dwayne....Then how come you were able to make those WWE appearances to promote movies...?? Hmmm?? and why did you deny all the other WWE appearances (except important ones like Hall of Fame)?? :side:
Except Rock never said that he was here to stay this time and be back full time. Nor did he deny appearances. Cena and Orton never said anything like that. Rock satayed away to focus on acting. He always spoke high of WWE in interviews, he still showed up to the HOF, shot footage for a WWE DVD and cut two promos over the years. It was just minimal involvement because he was focused on his new career. People need to get over it. Anyway,

Cena never had a true problem with him. All he wanted was for to him to show up from time to time. He didnt care that he went into acting and all the other stuff. He was not pissed off at the name. Rock didnt go by Dwayne Johnson as a means to shit on his Rock name. He just wanted to use that in Hollywood (because it is his name) and have Rock be tied into wrestling and used as a nickname. Big deal. You and so many other fucks took it the wrong way. Cena just wanted to see him again. Punk doesn't even have a true gripe with him either. The problem is WWE half assing and thinking this stuff is a good storyline. Its cheap, boring, and lame. It sucks that all WWE can do is write angles demonizing Rocks movie life and past.

· Ex nihilo
11,505 Posts
I'M HERE EVERY WEEK DWAYNE

That's what we have to look forward at the Royal Rumble folks, enjoy it

And yeah, lol at that guy up there claiming Punk works harder than Cena. There are many things you can criticize Cena for but that isn't one of them

· Registered
1,737 Posts
My point is very clear actually I find the hypocrisy on this site laughable and wanted to point out that even the IWC love child that is CM Punk is just the same as cena with regards to why he decided to take out The Rock.
I'd the say the amount of Hate Punk and Cena get are equivalent by the internet crowd at this point, Punks Hate is MASSIVE on here.

· Premium Member
919 Posts
So if Cena has an opinion, then CM Punk is not allowed to share that opinion?

Well what other opinions could Cena have that Punk just has to disagree with or be labelled as lazy or a copycat? If Cena prefers coffee to tea does Punk have to prefer tea? Or if Cena is a democrat does Punk have to be republican? Or if Cena is pro-life does Punk have to be pro-choice? Just how far are we going to go with this?

How ridiculous.

· Premium Member
2,058 Posts
lol at people assuming Punk works harder than Cena. It's fucking work, most of this world works hard for a living. Stop putting these people on pedestals, yes they put their bodies on the line, thats their decision though.

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Is there anything else someone like Punk could say?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.