Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
The Cold-Blooded Sausage Maker
8,590 Posts
Re: Now that Sting has made his WWE debut.. Who is the best ever to never work for th

The Great Muta.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Re: Now that Sting has made his WWE debut.. Who is the best ever to never work for th

If you're going to use the word "NEVER", the yeah, the guidelines have to be strict.

Hell, Austin Aries did voices for one of the WWE games.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

Lou Thesz, Antonio Inoki, Pat O'Connor, Magnum TA, Kenta Kobiashi, Bruiser Brody, Mitsua Misawa, The Great Muta, Abdullah the Butcher and Jushin Liger are the ones that come to mind.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

Muta in the WWF in the 1989-1993 time frame would have been sweet.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts

I would consider Inoki but he entering WWE HoF is kind of being part of WWE company, so I will go with:

* The Great Muta
* Kenta Kobashi
* Magnum TA (I know he had a short career but he was big)
* Bruiser Body
* Jushin Liger

I cant name the guys before the 80s because I dont know if they work for the WWF or don't.

Since the 00s , the biggest name to never for WWE (as an actual rsoter member not some Velocity crap match) is:

AJ Styles

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

Muta, Ivan Koloff or Magnum TA.
Ivan Koloff is the one who ended the long world title reign of Bruno Sammartino.

Realistically, the most prominent more modern era non Japanese wrestlers who never wrestled in the WWE are Magnum TA, Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody and Abdullah the Butcher.

Even if AJ Styles is counted he is not as prominent historically as the other guys I mentioned.

·
Banned
2,322 Posts

Aj Styles - Why they didn't get this dude in his prime I don't know.

Magnum TA - Tragedy robbed wrestling of a potential legend. If Vince controlled his ego Magnum could have been a great signing.

Bobby Roode - One of the best wrestler's in the world. He's too old now but I think WWE missed a trick not signing him.

Austin Aries - Like Roode, one of the best in the world. He would have been a good signing too.

The Briscoe Bros - WWE needs a badass tag team badly. They're still young so it isn't too late.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts

Mitsuhara Misawa or Kenta Kobashi.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

I'll go with Aries.

I remember him on the verge of retiring after being rejected from Tough Enough in 2011, which bummed me out at the time cause I know he would've easily dominated the show.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts

Lou Thesz, Antonio Inoki, Pat O'Connor, Magnum TA, Kenta Kobiashi, Bruiser Brody, Mitsua Misawa, The Great Muta, Abdullah the Butcher and Jushin Liger are the ones that come to mind.
Lou Thesz - wrestled in the WWWF
Antonio Inoki - Former WWF Champ and WWF MMA Champ
Pat O'Conner - Wrestled in the WWF
Bruiser Brody wrestled in the WWF

·
Registered
2,036 Posts

Ivan Koloff is the one who ended the long world title reign of Bruno Sammartino.

Realistically, the most prominent more modern era non Japanese wrestlers who never wrestled in the WWE are Magnum TA, Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody and Abdullah the Butcher.

Even if AJ Styles is counted he is not as prominent historically as the other guys I mentioned.
Brody wrestled in the WWF and Stan Hansen broke Bruno's neck in a WWWF ring.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Bobby Roode

61 - 80 of 107 Posts