Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Orton were to feud with Drew, it would probably be a 2-3 month thing, and now that he is still feuding with Edge, they will probably have a match at SSlam or HIAC after they do a possible Orton/Christian match at some point. Who's left for Drew for the big show? Should they call up Lesnar for a WM rematch at this point? Jinder Mahal? John Cena?

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I could see a Triple Threat between Drew, Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesnar. Maybe throw Dolph Ziggler in there for poops and giggles.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,033 Posts
Edge is still gonna be out for a while, way past Summerslam i'd say. Edge just appeared tonight to tell us it isn't over and he's gonna come back and face Orton one more time, but it wont be anytime soon.

Its not like Orton can't move on to another feud while Edge is recovering, and it would make perfect sense for him to go on and defeat Drew at SS and take the title, so when Edge returns the match can be for the title and Edge can have the storybook ending to their feud where he vanquishes Orton and captures the WWE title..

·
Registered
24,001 Posts
Well, Edge is going to be out for a while, maybe until the end of 2020 or longer. I don't believe Christian is actually cleared to wrestle because they gimmicked that match with Orton as much as possible. And I think the feud with Show will just last to ER so Orton can kill another legend.

Drew will need a big opponent for Summerslam and Orton still fits that bill so that's still my prediction unless they dig another legend for Orton to kill. Who that would be I have no idea though.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Edge won't be back for awhile and i'd love to have McIntyre/Orton at SummerSlam. I'm conflicted though as i'm really enjoying Drew as WWE Champion and i think he's doing a great job but then Orton is once again on a hot run that it would be bad to have anyone go over him right now.

I can definitely see Orton becoming WWE Champion again at some point and i would like to see that but i'm also confident that Drew would get a second WWE Championship reign. I am ready for whatever happens though.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Conflicting reports have emerged regarding the summerslam main event. As per Tom Colohue, McIntyre vs Brock rematch is penciled in for Summerslam. According to Meltzer they are building up Orton for a Drew vs Orton match at Summerslam. No idea who is right.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,105 Posts
well that's bold of you to just assume the almighty Dolph Ziggler doesn't win at ER!

(lol)

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,033 Posts
Well, Edge is going to be out for a while, maybe until the end of 2020 or longer. I don't believe Christian is actually cleared to wrestle because they gimmicked that match with Orton as much as possible. And I think the feud with Show will just last to ER so Orton can kill another legend.

Drew will need a big opponent for Summerslam and Orton still fits that bill so that's still my prediction unless they dig another legend for Orton to kill. Who that would be I have no idea though.
Also Drew said he wants to fight Orton at Summerslam in an interview, andi honestly don't see who else could face him at SS, no one wants to see Lesnar vs Drew in another 5 minute finisher spam match.

·
Southern Pride
3,387 Posts
Edge is going to be out still for a long time. Christians probably never going to be cleared for an actual match.

Good mention of Brock Lesnar. I actually forgot about him.

I really don't know... They could still do McIntyre vs. Orton or have Orton involved in the match somehow. I can't imagine who would be next to face Orton at Summer Slam other than Mysterio and they did that in late 2018....unless Kane comes back for a match.

I also can't imagine who else would face Lesnar at Summer Slam...unless he goes for the Universal title vs. Strowman. Maybe they could finally do Lesnar vs. Lashley.

Triple Threat, McIntyre vs. Lesnar vs. Orton is my guess. Edge appears occasionally to be a pain in the butt to Orton until he is 100%.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts